2017-18 State of U.S. Ladies Skating | Page 310 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of U.S. Ladies Skating

mrrice

Record Breaker
Mirai just had a rough practice. So nervous.

They just showed her here in Ca. She looked good....Hopefully she'll regroup and skate clean. None of our ladies can leave any points on the ice. I'm just hoping that one of them will place inside the top 10. 2, would be a miracle.

tosca

On the Ice
They just showed her here in Ca. She looked good....Hopefully she'll regroup and skate clean. None of our ladies can leave any points on the ice. I'm just hoping that one of them will place inside the top 10. 2, would be a miracle.

especially now that bradie fell..... according to jackie, a lot of people looked rough in practice this AM..

tars

Record Breaker
That was disappointing by US ladies and I'm not talking about the placements. :noshake:
You need to deliver short program, if you're underdog trying to shake things. They didn't give themselves a chance.

frida80

Record Breaker
That was disappointing by US ladies and I'm not talking about the placements. :noshake:
You need to deliver short program, if you're underdog trying to shake things. They didn't give themselves a chance.

Meh... it was expected. The competition is very deep and after nationals and the team event I expect their coaches, the media, and the Fed were putting more pressure on them. They can pull up to respectable finishes in the LP. What matter more is that they get these wonky skates out now and focus for worlds. We have three slots on the line and they need to be at their best there.

What’s impressive, is how much the judges really love Karen. Even after that skate she still got great PCS scores. Of course, that program of hers is sublime. But it goes to show how much judges appreciate the quality of her skating.

sross43

Rinkside

I know! I was really hoping Mirai would deliver a clean 3A to keep herself in medal contention, but sadly not. Also, the Americans needed other skaters to mess up to have a prayer of a medal and everyone but Maria was on their A game (I think Carolina did the best that she could; will always love her).

Proxy

On the Ice
Not very good. No medals at the Olympics in 12 years and none this year either. Really, it was generous for Sasha to even get one in 2006.

9th, 10th, and 11th are very poor results.

Still rooting for Mirai though, I hope she will clean up in the FS.

brightphoton

Medalist
It's not so bad for Bradie and Mirai. At least both have a Team bronze medal.

I don't know. Doesn't have a "skate of their life" only happen once a lifetime, or at least rarely? Maybe it's too much to expect our ladies to deliver two once-in-a-lifetime programs within only 2 weeks of each other......

Proxy

On the Ice
It's not so bad for Bradie and Mirai. At least both have a Team bronze medal.

I don't know. Doesn't have a "skate of their life" only happen once a lifetime, or at least rarely? Maybe it's too much to expect our ladies to deliver two once-in-a-lifetime programs within only 2 weeks of each other......

If it weren't for the team competition, the U.S. wouldn't win any medals in figure skating.

sross43

Rinkside
Not very good. No medals at the Olympics in 12 years and none this year either. Really, it was generous for Sasha to even get one in 2006.

9th, 10th, and 11th are very poor results.

Still rooting for Mirai though, I hope she will clean up in the FS.

I think the combination of the IJS and the recession really caused a drought in US ladies skating. Russia has the benefit (?) of state-sponsered skating schools whereas in the US and Canada it's incredibly expensive to train. Russia and Japan have the luxury of both drawing talent from lager pools (because of cost efficiency in Russia and the Japanese interest in skating).

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Is this the worst Olympic SP results ever for US ladies? :scratch2:

Obviously they could have done better, as we have seen, but I do think the stage is set for Bradie and Mirai (I would have included Karen in this but I won't believe the ur elephant will go away until I see it happen!) to relax in the LP and just let it go. I think they at least have a chance of ending all of this on a positive. Something good to look forward to past these Olympics, a feeling that hasn't been around US ladies for quite a bit.