The Dreaded 2022 Predictions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The Dreaded 2022 Predictions

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
1. Hanyu lands first quad axel on olympic ice.

2. Seguin/Bilodeau wins OBM.

3. V/M coaches or assists in coaching the OGM.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Evgenia and Yuzuru form the most formidable ice dance team of all time. They are so good that everyone else just goes home. They skate to a mash up of K-pop. (I chose ice dance because I don't want either of them to get hurt again! It's my fantasy world- I do what I want).

Sui/Han invent insanely difficult elements that no one else can do and run away with gold.

Karen Chen becomes the most consistent skater of the next quad. She under rotates exactly 1 time.

Someone hacks the sound system at the Grand Prix final so that it plays nothing Michael Jacksons Thriller.

kresslia

Medalist
I think P/C actually will win gold 4 years from now. ID seems to be pretty static at the top. I'm sure a challenger will arise (one of the young Russians/Americans?)

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Well, if you like laughing at past attempts to predict the future, this thread from when Savchenko first paired up with Massot is a fun read indeed. :devil:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?50079-Savchenko-and-Massot-team-up

Oh my God, no one believed she had a chance and thought that was her moment to move on with Robin. I can only smile looking at it now.

(However, this still makes me miss Aliona AND Robin, that since she is with Bruno now means she won't skate with Robin anymore, and their split ended on rather bad terms.)

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Evgenia and Yuzuru form the most formidable ice dance team of all time. They are so good that everyone else just goes home. They skate to a mash up of K-pop. (I chose ice dance because I don't want either of them to get hurt again! It's my fantasy world- I do what I want).

Sui/Han invent insanely difficult elements that no one else can do and run away with gold.

Karen Chen becomes the most consistent skater of the next quad. She under rotates exactly 1 time.

Someone hacks the sound system at the Grand Prix final so that it plays nothing Michael Jacksons Thriller.

Medvedeva and Hanyu become History Makers and win Ladies Single/Mens Single/Ice Dance/Pairs OGM. The power of the four gold medals merges together and transforms into the legendary Diamond Medal. Absorbing its powers, Medvedeva turns into Princess Serenity and Hanyu becomes Prince Endymion and together they fly off towards the Moon with Luna and Pooh by their sides.

anyanka

Record Breaker
A girl from Eteri camp wins with falling all over ice on attempting 7 backloaded quads. Lands three of them, although she stumbles on quad loop quite a bit. She wears Alina's old tutu.

Sui and Han win thanks to yet to be discovered element. They get married after the medal ceremony. Couple from a country with overall back grasp of English language skates to Nick Minaj mix. It is so inappropriate, it causes overhaul of the ISU rules.

Ice dance is won by number is sexy and steamy that TV channels who air it in prime time get fined. Heavily.
(just having fun.)

These are AWESOME. Some notes:

- That couple with Nicki Minaj remix will be the North Koreans. Their SP would be to Cardi B's "Bodak Yellow". Although I think by 2022 it'll all be about the Black Panther OST

- Let's not forget Alina's old tutu is really Evgenia's!

- The heavily fined couple would just end up on ice rolling around and get 10's for it, to a 50 Shades OST remix and it ends with Bolero.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

I would so be here for that :laugh2:

Or alternately, they can break new ground in Pairs - she gets to throw HIM - and they do a 4A throw.

Medvedeva and Hanyu become History Makers and win Ladies Single/Mens Single/Ice Dance/Pairs OGM. The power of the four gold medals merges together and transforms into the legendary Diamond Medal. Absorbing its powers, Medvedeva turns into Princess Serenity and Hanyu becomes Prince Endymion and together they fly off towards the Moon with Luna and Pooh by their sides.

:laugh2: All the awards!

anyanka

Record Breaker
I predicted Kavaguti & Smirnov to win 2018, and I had named Samantha Cesario (who I miss) to be on the US team, so what do I know?! Anyhow, here are the podium predictions ...

Team:
  1. Russia
  2. China
  3. Canada

Pairs:
  1. Sui / Han
  2. Tarasova / Morozov
  3. Alexandrovskaya / Windsor - a first for Australia!!

Men:
  1. Boyang Jin
  2. Nathan Chen
  3. Shoma Uno

Dance:
  1. Papadakis / Cizeron (FINALLY)
  2. Gilles / Poirier (whose inventiveness is at long last recognized)
  3. Hawayek / Baker

Ladies:
  1. Marin Honda
  2. Alexandra Trusova
  3. Gabby Daleman

Ziotic

Medalist
I think P/C will get another silver to an up and coming team also coached by MFD.

None of the current junior Russians will qualify as a new group will have already emerged. Gabby lands a quad. Rika Kihara wins it with 3 triple axels and a quad.

Stephen Gogolev will win OGM for a Canadian man after the curse was “kinda” broken by Patrick Chan.

China develops their dance and ladies and takes a team medal.

China sweeps the pairs podium.

anyanka

Record Breaker

I don't know what you're smoking but I want some too ...

Also, seeing how Zhenya went bonkers when she went EXO, they won't just skate to the music: they will hire EXO to perform LIVE during the performance, with a guest rap from C.L. about the sheer magical genius of Yuzu and Zhenya together.

But ... for which country would they skate in dance? I'm going to guess that to split the difference and not anger either the Japanese or Russian feds or fans, they'll get Slovene passports but train in Canada, under ... Dubreuil & Lauzon. The French are going to be SO angry!!

Last edited:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
But ... for which country would they skate? !

They can represent the planet Earth and once they move onto Moon, they'll essentially lay the foundations for the United Federation of Planets, thus ushering the Star Trek era for Mankind. World peace achieved through figure skating :biggrin:

anyanka

Record Breaker
The ISU makes a decision that if you get into the final flight of whatever your discipline is, for the Olympic free skate, you MUST skate only to the Yuri on Ice OST. So we get, across all disciplines, literally three dozen versions of "Born to Make History" which will be annoying and amazing and I need to see that right away please.

- - - Updated - - -

They can represent the planet Earth and once they move onto Moon, they'll essentially lay the foundations for the United Federation of Planets, thus ushering the Star Trek era for Mankind. World peace achieved through figure skating :biggrin:

You know, I kept saying the same thing when the North Korean pair showed up ... !!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I think P/C actually will win gold 4 years from now. ID seems to be pretty static at the top. I'm sure a challenger will arise (one of the young Russians/Americans?)

Could Shevchenko/Eremenko be the team that challenges?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvykjutjA4c

They came in 4th in JGPF and 2nd in Russian Junior Nationals. Love their creative and modern choreography. He, in particular, has great presentation and expression (see their sd).

blthug

Rinkside
Yuzuru Hanyu and Ondrej Hotarek, Pairs team for the OGM. They will win with the first ever Quint throw jumps and a quint twist. Valentina will be their coach 🤣😂 Pooh will be assistant coach.