Wishes and Hopes for the 2018-2019 Season | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Wishes and Hopes for the 2018-2019 Season

Tulipstar

Medalist
-Evgenia wins Worlds and has a strong season overall. She also does loads of new Exhibitions, including some geeky stuff
-Yuzuru gets his 4A
-Alexandra jumps a 4Lz in competition
-Jin Boyang gets a worlds medal
-Karen Chen becomes more consistent
-P/C do some totally random dance style that makes everyone go :scratch2:
-Anna P and Anna S have a great, injury-free season
-Eun-soo Lim gets two spots in senior grand prix
-Kaetlyn skates clean LP's regularly
-The Japanese ladies push each other further towards greatness
-Stephen Gogolev makes it to the JGPF
-At least 3 new ladies jump a 3A in competition (looks far less improbable than it did only a few months back)
-Japanese and Korean dance and pairs improve
-Marin Honda gets it together
-Alexei Krasnozhon comes back strong

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
- I wish that those who choose to move on are truly happy with their decision and have no regrets.

- (But I selfishly wish that Max might continue one more season, even if this looks extremely unlikely.)

- I wish that Jason will have a great season with no injuries, land the quad to make the haters choke, and rock his programs.

- I wish that PCS and TES would not be tied together and the former used appropriately.

- I wish that all of Team Australia has a wonderful season and skates up to their full potential. Force the judges to mark you properly!

- I wish that Josh will be happy and healthy and well, and heavily involved in the sport he loves. (Josh choreograph for Jason maybe? Please?)

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Recovery for Polina Edmunds, Madison Chock, and any other injured skaters I may have forgot so she/they can finish on a healthy note on her/their own terms

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
After reading this thread, I hope that the fan wars calm down for next season. With the rule changes in place, we need to put our focus on holding those judges and the ISU accountable ;)

sakurano

Final Flight
I'm not going to be too original so I'm going to say a little bit the same thing as everyone else: D

Skaters are safe from injury and healthy.

1) I hope that Gabrielle Daleman and Kaetlyn will still surprise us and that Gaby really shows what can do with a 4S or 4T why not and take Wonder Woman as XD program

2) That Alina and Evgenia continue to dominate (although at first I did not like the fact that always the same is on the podium, they were able to change my mind and touch my heart, I love their programs)

3) That Wakaba is still a great comeback with even better programs and please change coach

4) Satoko, Mai, Yuna Shiraiwa, Rika Kihira, Kaori, Nana, Marinj, Mako Still on top and continue to grow internationally

Now it's up to men although I'm not close to men I like to watch Boyang Jin, Yuzuru Hanyu, Shoma Uno, Nathan Chen so I hope this quad race will not hurt them and they continue to dazzle us

For the Pairs I wish that Vanessa and James is successful and goes on the biggest podium, as well as Aliona and Bruno <3

Now the dance
This year it is the tango that are in imposed theme so I hope there will be no bad covers and themes that too much.

I wish the health and success for the Shibs, Gabriella and Guillaume, Kana and Chris , Piper and Gilles that I loved in their free program on James Bond.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm not going to be too original so I'm going to say a little bit the same thing as everyone else: D

Skaters are safe from injury and healthy.

1) I hope that Gabrielle Daleman and Kaetlyn will still surprise us and that Gaby really shows what can do with a 4S or 4T why not and take Wonder Woman as XD program

2) That Alina and Evgenia continue to dominate (although at first I did not like the fact that always the same is on the podium, they were able to change my mind and touch my heart, I love their programs)

3) That Wakaba is still a great comeback with even better programs and please change coach

4) Satoko, Mai, Yuna Shiraiwa, Rika Kihira, Kaori, Nana, Marinj, Mako Still on top and continue to grow internationally

Now it's up to men although I'm not close to men I like to watch Boyang Jin, Yuzuru Hanyu, Shoma Uno, Nathan Chen so I hope this quad race will not hurt them and they continue to dazzle us

For the Pairs I wish that Vanessa and James is successful and goes on the biggest podium, as well as Aliona and Bruno <3

Now the dance
This year it is the tango and operetta that are in imposed theme so I hope there will be no bad covers and themes that too much.

I wish the health and success for the Shibs, Gabriella and Guillaume, Kana and Chris , Piper and Gilles that I loved in their free program on James Bond.

This year it's tango. Next year it's Musical/Operetta/Broadway

saphire

On the Ice
Less mime and Moulin Rouge programs
Top 5 in men and ladies stay healthy
wishful thinking-- nobody has boot problems
less fan wars

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
That reminds me, please no Ed Sheeran music with tempo changes to make it "tango."

Ducky

On the Ice
I wish we could skip tango and just get to musicals/Broadway. That should be really fun.

That means my dream of someone skating to Great Comet could actually happen? Bring on the next season.

I guess for me it's that some ice dance team decides to find music that would work for tango that isn't stereotypical tango music. There is a lot out there.

Alifyre

On the Ice
So many things to wish for!

1. That all injured skaters recover well and come back to competitive form. This is my especial wish for Anna Pogorilaya, as back injuries are particularly tricky and I've been worried about her since I first heard about her problem.

2. New and exciting music! Enough with the war horses, there are plenty of pieces from across genres and eras of music that would be exciting to watch and could even potentially draw in new audiences. More stuff along the vein of LGC, Nemesis, Skyfall, etc. I'd especially like to see skaters who traditionally do more soft stuff do something totally different (Evgenia comes to mind).

3. Cleanliness among the men. Worlds was so painful to watch, I don't even care at this point how the skaters/ISU make cleaner programs happen. No more skates -9 point deductions (sorry Boyang, I love you but c'mon), no more world medalists who fall more than once in a program, please.

4. A continuation of strong showings from the ladies! Ladies' worlds was also a mess, but that was more unusual for them. I want to see more girls with artistically distinct programs that are pushing the technical and artistic envelope. 3As? Awesome. -3lo combos? Love it. Killer expression and SS to bump up those PCS scores? Gimme more of it. I think ladies is gonna be the discipline to watch next year, mark my words. There's so many hungry young women out there right now itching to prove themselves however they can. I'd love to see more threat towards those gold and silver positions from people who aren't Med and Zagi (no shade on them, I'd just like to watch a competition with a little more suspense haha), and I have a feeling there's a number of ladies out there who are going to do everything they can to do exactly that.

5. A totally unrealistic dream, but more spots for Russia and Japan (and any other country who could someday develop a strong enough program to produce more than 3 top 10 contenders)!! If there are four+ skaters in a country that can score over 200 in the women's event, it seems so unfair that they can't all go!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
5. A totally unrealistic dream, but more spots for Russia and Japan (and any other country who could someday develop a strong enough program to produce more than 3 top 10 contenders)!! If there are four+ skaters in a country that can score over 200 in the women's event, it seems so unfair that they can't all go!

I'd give up a lot of my wishes for this to happen. Please, ISU, hear my prayer! :pray:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

*annoyed foot-tapping from little-country person*

Another wish from me:

That the big country fans would stop feeling like they're entitled to whatever they want and the little country skaters can go jump...

Alifyre

On the Ice
*annoyed foot-tapping from little-country person*

Another wish from me:

That the big country fans would stop feeling like they're entitled to whatever they want and the little country skaters can go jump...

Whoever said little countries couldn't also send skaters? It might make it a bit harder for them to qualify for the free in worlds but otherwise I don't think allowing the top scoring skaters in the field no matter the depth of their country in to be an insult to smaller feds. Figure skating is growing in some of these smaller fed countries as well, they too may someday want more than the berths they could have earned at the previous years' worlds.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
A breakout season for Amber Glenn (its possible but idk what’s up with that girl...) and an even bigger breakout season for a Japanese ice dance team!