Wishes and Hopes for the 2018-2019 Season | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Wishes and Hopes for the 2018-2019 Season

StephenGfan

Final Flight
-Evgenia wins Worlds and has a strong season overall. She also does loads of new Exhibitions, including some geeky stuff
-Yuzuru gets his 4A
-Alexandra jumps a 4Lz in competition
-Jin Boyang gets a worlds medal
-Karen Chen becomes more consistent
-P/C do some totally random dance style that makes everyone go :scratch2:
-Anna P and Anna S have a great, injury-free season
-Eun-soo Lim gets two spots in senior grand prix
-Kaetlyn skates clean LP's regularly
-The Japanese ladies push each other further towards greatness
-Stephen Gogolev makes it to the JGPF
-At least 3 new ladies jump a 3A in competition (looks far less improbable than it did only a few months back)
-Japanese and Korean dance and pairs improve
-Marin Honda gets it together
-Alexei Krasnozhon comes back strong

Yassss!
also....P/C already have one of those dances recently if i may recall....

StephenGfan

Final Flight
- Alena K continues to have amazing programs and beats trusova at one point next season
- Stephen gogolev Wins/medals at junior worlds and JGPF while winning all of his GP assignments
- Sui/han to win worlds
- Gabi and kaetlyn to have cleaner FS's
- Boyang jing to medal at next worlds
- Wakaba gets another world medal
- kaetlyn to have a better FS program
- Zagitova stays competitive
- Gabi to win a GP event
- H/B do well under MFD and PL

Panenkova to medal at an all Russian sweep of the Senior Grand Prix Finals.

And for the trio of juniors from last year to sweep the Jnr Grand Prix Finals. Be interesting to see if Tarakanova can do better than Bronze also.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Sui having a healthy set of ankles/feet. Everyone to not be injured/recover. That's it.

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Men:

My biggest wish is that Javi comes back for the 2019 Europeans (as he now plans, but of course it may change, it's still a long time to go)
if he does I wish him the 7th consecutive title with all my heart :luv17: / and if he doesn't win, then it's okay, too, he'll just pass the torch (hopefully) to Deniss, Matteo or Dima (the biggest contender is Misha and I love him off ice, but I somehow can't connect with his programmes, so...) and that Javi enjoys whatever he does and his Revolution on Ice is at least as successfull as it was in 2016

Matteo and Deniss - master a quad jump
A European skater - medals at Worlds (most likely Misha)
Donovan Carillo - gets the 3A, continues to shine and to bring joy to the viewers; the goverment or the federation notice him and start supporting him financially!
Michal Březina - more consistent performances, doesn't feel any pressure and just enjoys skating, a top 5 / top 7 finish at Euros
Boyang - bounces back (and the judges don't underscore him) and gets a medal at GPF/Worlds
Yuzuru and all skaters - stay healthy the whole season!

Ladies:
Zhenya - dominates the Russian field again and is not overcome with new Russian senior competitors coming, wins GPF/WC

Pairs:
Marchei / Hotárek - decide to continue in the 2018/2019 season or do lots of ice shows
Dušková / Bidař - steadily progress

Ice dance:
Gabriela and Guillaume - dominate the scene
Sara and Kyrill - steadily progress, maybe a top 5 finish at Euros
ShibSibs - at the end of the 2018/2019 season announce that the are coming back :pray:

Honorable mentions:
Patrick Chan - enjoys his retirement
Misha Ge - enjoys his retirement and choreographs great programmes for other skaters

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I would rather see more amazing japanese ladies then some skater from armenia or mexico that is boring and falls on all of his/her jumps.

Donovan Carrillo stayed upright more than Shoma Uno did at Worlds.

Kailani Craine stayed upright more than any of the Russian ladies did at Worlds.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I would love to see Weaver and Poje win a world title (though so unlikely - lucky to stay on the podium.

Kostner retire and enjoys show skating. Yuzuru healthy and retire to do his own show.

Osmond win another world title.

Daleman to win a world medal along with a Japanese lady.

Tarasova and Morozov to have a redemption year and win a world title

Shoma wins a world title.

Jason dazzles with a new look including hair cut and a new style.

We hear Gracie is loving coaching and happy and smiling!

Adam and Ashley make up; they were a fun couple of friends but I am not sure what happened this year.

Keegan Messing continues to shock and improve adding another quad.

Nam Nguyen miraculously regains his momentum.

A Russian podiums at worlds.

Some great programs to the Greatest Showman

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
- I wish that those who choose to move on are truly happy with their decision and have no regrets.

And so, the one about whom I made this wish, has granted it. Never to let his fans down, even in his departure.

:cry: :cry:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That the IdF/TEB/ French Grand Prix event awards medals, not plastic stars. ;)

If there was a "C'mon Man" (It's a segment on ESPN for bloopers/funny moments/ridiculous moments in the previous week for American football mostly at the NFL level, but also include college, high school, and at least one time, recreational American football.) for figure skating, that would have made it.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I would rather see more amazing japanese ladies then some skater from armenia or mexico that is boring and falls on all of his/her jumps.

Donovan Carrillo stayed upright more than Shoma Uno did at Worlds.

Kailani Craine stayed upright more than any of the Russian ladies did at Worlds.

:biggrin:

Less falls is something I really wish for next season, may the skaters be from wherever.

Alextim

Rinkside
I wish to see Gabriella and Guillaume again and again, with perfects marks, with new emotions, with new direction, with surprises... they are still so young, they can grow

denise3lz

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Kihira get consistentcy.
Then she called Ms. triple Axel.
Then she win 2 Oly silvers.
She win FS at 1st Oly and lose to another Rika at 2nd Oly.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Hanyu becomes the first skater to land a 4A in competition. That’s all *in a Miranda Preistly tone*

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
-Biggest wish is to see Tessa and Scott continue to skate and amaze us 😍😍

-Evgenia will be dominant and break records with new jumping layout.
-Yuzuru Hanyu and Nathan Chen are battling.
-Savchenko/Massot to continue if they don't Sui/Han to dominate the pairs.

Skatefan15

On the Ice
-Yuzu lands a 4A
-Yuzu has a healthy season w/no injuries
-Gabby lands a 4T
-Gracie comeback:love: (if she is healthy and ready of course)
-Boyang bounces back from Worlds
-Wakaba wins a major title (GPF, 4CC, or Worlds)
-Gabby finally gets a medal on the GP
-Bradie medals at both her grand prixs
-Nathan has a good Ivy League life but also stilll remains one of the best in the skating world
-Evgenia will finally beat Alina

tipptong

Rinkside
My wishes are...
- Shoma to break out of his “silver medal” curse and wins some title in big international competitions like GPF, 4CC, or Worlds [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

- Yuzuru to be the first person to land 4A and have injury free season

- Nathan to excel and enjoy his college life at Yale and still doing fine in FS competition

- Boyang to bounce back from World this year and come out strongly next season

- Sota Yamamoto to get all of his jumps back and to get quads. Most of all, stay injury free [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120] Wishing one day...to see Shoma and Sota in the same competition again

- Every skaters to stay healthy and injury free throughout the season [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
- Sota Yamamoto to get all of his jumps back and to get quads. Most of all, stay injury free [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120] Wishing one day...to see Shoma and Sota in the same competition again

Yes, yes, this, a thousand times! :bow: And if the skating deities are listening, then my additional wish would be to see him skate live please, because I never have and would love to.
I wish he'd give the 3A and quads a rest this season though; he needs his combos and stamina more at the moment, I feel.