Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres

miscelaney

Spectator
I came across another recent french article from La Nouvelle Republique.
https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/tours/morgan-cipres-on-a-realise-notre-reve

Une semaine après avoir décroché le bronze lors des championnats du monde, Morgan Ciprès et Vanessa James seront à Tours, jeudi 29 mars, pour célébrer la fin d’une saison particulièrement réussie.

Cette médaille de bronze vaut (presque) de l’or. Troisièmes en couples lors des championnats du monde de Milan, la semaine passée, Morgan Ciprès et Vanessa James ont conclu leur saison de la plus belle des façons, en montant pour la première fois sur un podium mondial. Un final en apothéose pour une saison particulièrement aboutie.

There is a translation in the next post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lived In Inch

Rinkside
I came across another recent french article from La Nouvelle Republique.

Translation.

https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/tours/morgan-cipres-on-a-realise-notre-reve

Morgan Ciprès: "We fulfilled our dream"

Elodie TROADEC

Published 03/27/2018 at 9:55 pm | Updated 03/28/2018 at 8:18 am

Vanessa James, Morgan Ciprès and fifteen other French skaters will be at Tours, on Thursday.

One week after winning the bronze at the World Championships, Morgan Ciprès and Vanessa James will be at Tours, Thursday March 29th, to celebrate the end of a successful season.

This bronze medal is worth (almost) like gold. Third at the Milan World Championships, last week, Morgan Ciprès and Vanessa James end their season in the greatest way, by landing for the first time on the World podium. A Crowning end of a successful season.

However, the journey was long for this pair of skaters, together since 2010. The duo had to convince of their potential: "There were doubts, because I was a single skater, because I had to improve quickly, because people said we didn't fit together, explains Morgan Ciprès. A lot of people expected a lot from us, but we needed time to develop. We showed our worth bit by bit, and we are proud of that. Despite the highs and lows, we always remained tightly bonded, and this is our strength."

Change of scenery.

And then there was a breakthrough. The progression of the pair the last two season was tremendous. Evidenced by their vibrant and magnetic free program choreographed to the "Sound of Silence", covered by the Band Disturbed, which earn them a third place at the European Championships in 2017. "We needed to find a new approach to improve and reach this level. W moved to train in Florida with a new coaching team, who does a lot for us. It was like we were a precious stone that they had to cut to put on a beautiful ring."

This season was full of promises. But the French faltered at their first big goal, The European Championships, ending fourth, at a hundredth off the podium. "It was a setback and it was hard to live the first few days. But we quickly had to move on to something else, because there was the Olympic Games, and World Championship after. We used this setback to improve our skating." And it was fruitful, The were fifth at the Olympic Games.

It was with a genuine ambition that they showed up at the World Championships, in Italy, despite Morgan Ciprès's neck injury. "I couldn't move my head, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't train for ten days. We were not calm and collected when we first arrived! In addition, we ended eighth last year, so aiming for the podium, it was audacious. But we wanted this medal and we fought for it."

Third at the end of the short program, despite the fall of Vanessa James on the triple Salchow throw during the free program, the French did not give up, finally winning the Bronze medal. "Vanessa was able to cope after her fall and it was with the mind that we won this medal. We fulfilled our dream, and nobody can take that away from us."

"Taking it year by year."

Vanessa James (30 years old) and Morgan Ciprès (26 years old) will now take part of Olympic Stars Tour will be in at Tours, on Thursday. "It's a gift to meet our fans, to have fun with people who didn't have the opportunity to come see us at the big events of our sport."

Then, the skaters will grant themselves a well deserved rest. And the future in all of that? After eight years together, Vanessa James and Morgan Ciprès don't seem willing to give it up. "We're not going to commit ourselves for four years. We're going to take it year by year, but I think we will be in the rink together next season." With the will to do even better.

Aglae

On the Ice
I saw them yesterday at the french tour. They did Sound of Silence, which I really like a lot :hap10: They looked really happy while performing and there were also nice moments between Mae Berenice and Vanessa (especially during the finale, they had a bit of choreo together). Now my mom is a fan of them because they give off a nice energetic feeling and they look like they are having so much fun while they skate :)

MDIslander

Rinkside
Thanks Lived In Inch! I love Morgan's analogy "we were a precious stone that they had to cut to put on a beautiful ring" - he & Vanessa are truly precious indeed!

I can't wait to see their new programs next season :points:

MDIslander

Rinkside
I saw them yesterday at the french tour. They did Sound of Silence, which I really like a lot :hap10: They looked really happy while performing and there were also nice moments between Mae Berenice and Vanessa (especially during the finale, they had a bit of choreo together). Now my mom is a fan of them because they give off a nice energetic feeling and they look like they are having so much fun while they skate :)

How awesome! Were you able to meet any of them in person?

I saw a YouTube mashup of their Brive performance - there seemed to be a "mirror dance" with Vanessa & Mae. Were they dancing to the song "This Is Me"?

Aglae

On the Ice
How awesome! Were you able to meet any of them in person?

I saw a YouTube mashup of their Brive performance - there seemed to be a "mirror dance" with Vanessa & Mae. Were they dancing to the song "This Is Me"?

No I did not meet them in person. I think it could have been possible if I had stayed a bit longer but my mom was getting tired ^^
Yep, they were dancing to this is me for the finale. The choreo was by Olivia Candeloro. Harriet posted the video :) . There was another interaction between Mae and J/C in between their second numbers (I forgot which music it was, sorry >< my memory is really bad, i should have taken notes and it's impossible to find anything on the internet...)

Edit : Nevermind, I found their second number -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLHp3zxzojg

MDIslander

Rinkside

MDIslander

Rinkside
No I did not meet them in person. I think it could have been possible if I had stayed a bit longer but my mom was getting tired ^^
Yep, they were dancing to this is me for the finale. The choreo was by Olivia Candeloro. Harriet posted the video :) . There was another interaction between Mae and J/C in between their second numbers (I forgot which music it was, sorry >< my memory is really bad, i should have taken notes and it's impossible to find anything on the internet...)

Edit : Nevermind, I found their second number -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLHp3zxzojg

You're so lucky to have seen them live ... thanks for sharing Aglae!!! I'll be keeping close tabs on the FFSG website for their "outside of France tour" that Gabi hinted at (envisioning my new hobby as a leurs groupies les traquent jusqu'à ...) :dance:

MDIslander

Rinkside
As much as I admire Aljona & Bruno I can't help but be excited about what '18 -'19 season means for Vanessa & Morgan - now that the Canadians retired, the Germans are taking the season off (indefinitely) leaving "the little French team" to dominate the podium :hap10: Goldenes Traum-Duo legt Wettkampfpause ein https://ift.tt/2Fg16QY