Kaori Sakamoto | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Kaori Sakamoto

Spinning

On the Ice
I hope she takes her time during this OG as her stepping stones to greater career. She has so much more room to improve.

Don't be sad! Can't wait for the new season!

Proxy

On the Ice
Kaori Sakamoto, I think you are the best skater of this generation of girls. You have real flare and if you keep working to develop your potential as an artist, I will be rooting for you to win the OGM in Beijing in 2022.

thoakun

Final Flight
There's still a lot of rooms for improvement for Kaori. I had held out a faint hope that she would clinch a bronze, but in the end, 6th place is a respectable place. I'm going to miss her animated, lively character for the next 6 months :(

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Happy for Kaori's placement at top 6, that's remarkable as 1st year senior skater!
A side note: Kaori still has a final B-competition of Coupe du Printemps in March! (Although it depends on if she still wants to participate in the competition...)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Oh, no. Just watched CdP. It looked like she was almost crying. Poor Kaori. Anyway, I'm sad that this is the last time we've seen these beautiful programs. I wish she would keep them another season, perhaps tweak the choreography for Amelie a bit and return stronger than ever. I want to see her at Worlds next season. Ah, I hope the Ladies get 3 spots back (and even then it's not enough...)

Alifyre

On the Ice
Oh, no. Just watched CdP. It looked like she was almost crying. Poor Kaori. Anyway, I'm sad that this is the last time we've seen these beautiful programs. I wish she would keep them another season, perhaps tweak the choreography for Amelie a bit and return stronger than ever. I want to see her at Worlds next season. Ah, I hope the Ladies get 3 spots back (and even then it's not enough...)

Like Russia, 3 is just not sufficient for the Japanese ladies.... but I'm sure if there are 3 spots next season that Kaori will be one of the girls who takes them.

I'd like her to keep going along the vein of her Amelie program too, I think even if she switches the music that style really suits her. It's distinctive, and in a field where many of the girls do the same kind of music it helps her stand out. I hope her programs next season keep taking advantage of her quirky personality and do even more to show off her deep edges and lovely skating skills.

It's too bad her season ended this way, but I think she's done amazingly well overall this past year and surpassed pretty much everyone's initial expectations of her first senior season. Can't wait to see her do even better next year!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
A year ago, I don't think anyone considered her as even a contender for the Olympic team and assumed it would be Wakaba and Mai/Satoko
And look how far Kaori has come!! a GP champion and 6th at the Olympics is nothing to scoff it, nor is second at Japanese Nationals :)
If there are three spots at Worlds next year, and there should be, I am waiting for Kaori to fill one of them :) Kaori, Wakaba, and Mai/Satoko please :)

Alifyre

On the Ice
Kaori is restarting her training of the 3A over the summer

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180331-00000127-dal-spo

I know she's said she's struggled with it in the past, but I think she and Wakaba have the best shot at a successful 3A with the size of their 2As. Kaori especially just has sublime edge jumps, so I have no doubt she'll be able to figure it out somehow. I hope she also manages to get her flutz in line over the summer -- those two things would really put her in the conversation for world medals next year!

Alifyre

On the Ice
Happy birthday to our sunshine girl! Hoping for many victories and much joy from Kaori in the coming year!