2018-19 Grand Prix Final Predictions | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Grand Prix Final Predictions

Ziotic

Medalist
I see MT/M getting a boost as Canada #1 over Z/E as Russia #2.

They also bested them in the free at worlds.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I certainly hope you are correct about the Knierims making the final!
They seem pretty hard to beat for the silver at Skate America, which is a huge boost in the race for the final, especially in a fragmented field.

I see MT/M getting a boost as Canada #1 over Z/E as Russia #2.

They also bested them in the free at worlds.
I think they definitely have a shot at the gold at NHK Trophy (which, if it happened, would be presumptively Canada's only Grand Prix event win for the season), but since Z/E have the higher personal best and the overall stronger track record, I still have them as the favourite.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
actually, for pairs, this will be an exciting year. YES, I will miss so many teams, but it will be great to see who is rising to the occasion.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Qualification + podiums predicitons / wishful thinking for the final :biggrin:

Men:
1. Yuzuru Hanyu :luv17:
2. Shoma Uno
3. Boyang Jin

4. Mikhail Kolyada
5. Nathan Chen
6. Junhwan Cha :pray:

Ladies:
1. Wakaba Higuchi :biggrin:
2. Satoko Miyahara
3. Alina Zagitova

4. Evgenia Medvedeva
5. Gabrielle Daleman
6. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Pairs:
1. Tarasova / Morozov (I do not exactly wish it but it will probably happen anyways)
2. Ryom / Kim :pray:
3. James/ Cipres
4. Zabiiako / Enbert
5. Knierim / Knierim
6. Della Monica / Guarise

Ice dance:
1. Papadakis / Cizeron (I do not exactly wish it but it will probably happen anyways)
2. Chock / Bates (please skating gods make it happen :pray:)
3. Gilles / Poirier (please skating gods make it happen :pray:)
4. Hubbell / Donohue
5. Stepanova / Bukin
6. Hawayek / Baker ;)

This season is going to be so weird, so many missing blades :sad4:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
My new wishes:
Men:
Nathan Chen
Yuzuru Hanyu
Dmitri Aliev
Boyang Jin
Shoma Uno
Mikhail Kolyada

Ladies:
Evgenia Medvedeva
Alina Zagitova
Daria Panenkova
Polina Tsurskaya
Kaori Sakamoto
Satoko Miyahara/Maria Sotskova

Pairs:
Daria Pavliuchenko/Denis Khodykin
James/Cipres
Ryom/Kim
Knierim/Knierim
Tarasova/Morozov
Zabiiako/Enbert

Not into ice dance this season without the Shibs :(

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Qualification + podiums predicitons / wishful thinking for the final :biggrin:

Men:
1. Yuzuru Hanyu :luv17:
2. Shoma Uno
3. Boyang Jin

4. Mikhail Kolyada
5. Nathan Chen
6. Junhwan Cha :pray:

Ladies:
1. Wakaba Higuchi :biggrin:
2. Satoko Miyahara
3. Alina Zagitova

4. Evgenia Medvedeva
5. Gabrielle Daleman
6. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Pairs:
1. Tarasova / Morozov (I do not exactly wish it but it will probably happen anyways)
2. Ryom / Kim :pray:
3. James/ Cipres
4. Zabiiako / Enbert
5. Knierim / Knierim
6. Della Monica / Guarise

Ice dance:
1. Papadakis / Cizeron (I do not exactly wish it but it will probably happen anyways)
2. Chock / Bates (please skating gods make it happen :pray:)
3. Gilles / Poirier (please skating gods make it happen :pray:)
4. Hubbell / Donohue
5. Stepanova / Bukin
6. Hawayek / Baker ;)

This season is going to be so weird, so many missing blades :sad4:

But Junhwan only has one assignment right? How can he make the final?

Fluture

Record Breaker
Hm. I can‘t comment on Pairs and Ice Dance since I know too little about it but here we go with my wishful thinking. :biggrin:

Ladies:
Evgenia Medvedeva
Alina Zagitova
Carolina Kostner
Wakaba Higuchi
Polina Tsurskaya
Kaori Sakamoto

Even though I‘d be really happy for Gabby to get into the final, too... Hm.

Men:
Yuzuru Hanyu
Shoma Uno
Jason Brown 🙏🏻
Mikhail Kolyada
Nathan Chen
Jin Boyang

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Men:
1. Nathan Chen
2. Yuzuru Hanyu
3. Shoma Uno
4. Mikhail Kolyada
5. Boyang Jin
6. Jason Brown

Ladies:
1. Alina Zagitova
2. Evgenia Medvedeva
3. Maria Sotskova
4. Satoko Miyahara
5. Wakaba Higuchi
6. Daria Panenkova
(I really hope Carolina makes it though)

Pairs:
1. James/Cipres
2. Moore Towers/Marinaro
3. Della Monica/Guarise
4. Tarasova/Morozov
5. Kinerim/Kinerim
6. Ryom/Kim

Dance:
1. Papadakis/Cizeron
2. Hubbell/Donohue
3. Chock/Bates
4. Hawayek/Baker
5. Gilles/Poirier
6. Guignard/Fabbri

lesnar001

Record Breaker
actually, for pairs, this will be an exciting year. YES, I will miss so many teams, but it will be great to see who is rising to the occasion.
This could be a great opportunity for the North Koreans (Ryom/Kim) to break through and really get noticed.

Also I am excited for how the Knierims will do.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I’m having a hard time picturing satoko or bradie or Maria or gabby or Marin making the Final. But I’ve been wrong before! It’s just that the ones I root for usually falter, and the others do very well! Does anybody else feel this way??

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
I’m having a hard time picturing satoko or bradie or Maria or gabby or Marin making the Final. But I’ve been wrong before! It’s just that the ones I root for usually falter, and the others do very well! Does anybody else feel this way??

Lol yeah, last season I was 100% sure Marin would make it to the final but that didn’t happen...
But why don’t you think Masha or Satoko will make the final? They both have okay assignments and could definitely be on the podium

Ziotic

Medalist
Lol yeah, last season I was 100% sure Marin would make it to the final but that didn’t happen...
But why don’t you think Masha or Satoko will make the final? They both have okay assignments and could definitely be on the podium

I think Satoko will really struggle getting higher marks with the new system. Her base value will be okay, but for jumps I just don’t see how she can get high GOE.

With the gap or 1-3 it wasn’t so bad, but now 1-5 is a much bigger margin to make up.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I think Satoko will really struggle getting higher marks with the new system. Her base value will be okay, but for jumps I just don’t see how she can get high GOE.

With the gap or 1-3 it wasn’t so bad, but now 1-5 is a much bigger margin to make up.

:eek:topic:

Besides lack of height her jumps have everything right, if she doesn't UR she should get +3/+4 easily, of all the bullets she could get the ones in bold, and while +5 is impossible for her (1, 2, 3 are mandatory for +5 to apply), +4 is a possibility.

1) very good height and very good length (of all jumps in a combo or sequence)

2) good take-off and landing

3) effortless throughout (including rhythm in jump combination)

4) steps before the jump, unexpected or creative entry

5) very good body position from take-off to landing

6) element matches the music

I would love for Gracie G. to make the final as well but similarly to Junhwan - rather impossible :(

cohen-esque

Final Flight
:eek:topic:

Besides lack of height her jumps have everything right, if she doesn't UR she should get +3/+4 easily, of all the bullets she could get the ones in bold, and while +5 is impossible for her (1, 2, 3 are mandatory for +5 to apply), +4 is a possibility.

1) very good height and very good length (of all jumps in a combo or sequence)

2) good take-off and landing

3) effortless throughout (including rhythm in jump combination)

4) steps before the jump, unexpected or creative entry

5) very good body position from take-off to landing

6) element matches the music

I would love for Gracie G. to make the final as well but similarly to Junhwan - rather impossible :(

Is it no longer mandatory to hit the core three bullets for a +4? Because otherwise her small jumps should be capped at +3. And I can imagine the boards melting down if Satoko got credit for “good takeoff and landing.”

I do think that +3 is achievable for her, and that’s still quite a good GOE mark: her jumps usually have nice flow out and extension on the landing, at least her solo jumps have good body position though she loses it between combinations every once in a while, and she’s good at jumping with the musical accents and has shown the ability to do her jumps from steps to maximize GOE already under the old system. So that’s bullets 3, 4, 5, 6 she could hit, depending on the day and the specific jump. She should also get very high GOE on everything else, and the ChSq boost is a really good thing for her.

Ultimately if she skates cleanly and avoids URs I don’t think Satoko will be lower than second in either of her GP events and I would probably even pick her as a favorite for a medal in the Final. I’d be very surprised if she doesn’t make it.

Of course my insane dream is for the standings to be absolutely insane after a GP season as bizarre as this off season has been, with the result that the all the GPF podiums end up consisting only of skaters who had one event.