2018 JGP Ostrava Ladies Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ostrava Ladies Short Program

sekhmets

Rinkside
Country
United-States
What's wrong with Alena? She already looked teary when she stepped out on the ice. She looked completely pale and sick.

I think the reason why she cried after is something else. She would not cry because of a silly mistake.

It looked like she had dark/puffy bags under her eyes - maybe she had trouble sleeping?

Fluture

Record Breaker
Alena! :( When she started to cry I felt like crying with her. And the shock on her face when she popped that axel... I was going :eek: :eeking: :shocked: too. But everyone makes mistakes, Alena and you're still first place... Don't be so hard on yourself!

readernick

Medalist
Her jumps are small and her PCS marks should be lower than the Koreans and Japanese skaters. ( at least, I think so) Fair score

Mawwerg

Final Flight
I think judges today liked Alena's Lutz edge. Her axel from Linz costs 4.6, she took back 0.7 in PCS and lost 0.8 to her score from Linz. So she gained somewhere about three points. It should be combo.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I feel so bad when an Eteri girl fall. They always look terrified afterwards. :sad21:

I feel like Eteri needs to hire a full time politicker in her group to politick with Rusfed so her 3A can go to JWC together.

Alëna did not fell. She popped 2A. Off all mistakes this is the smallest possible, I would tell. I was so depressed when I realized something went wrong but with all the bad luck possible this is good yet. However, it can frighten her if she intended to put 3A into her free.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I should send Ted an email on how to read Korean names, fyi Seoyoung's name is pronounced as the first syllable of 'such'+young.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Alena has a pcs cushion which is absolutely fair because her SS are way ahead of Yelim's who is skating on straight legs with minimum edge work. So, the score difference is fair - it should have been bigger if she had not popped the axel.

The scores of Nana and Vika are mistery to me. Looks like if Yelim is clean she is going to JGPF and everybody is happy about this outcome. Myself included.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I should send Ted an email on how to read Korean names, fyi Seoyoung's name is pronounced as the first syllable of 'such'+young.

I think he'd be open to learning. I can't remember who, but someone on here sent him and email on how to pronounce Alena, and he's fixed the way he says it.

leoleo

Medalist
i've seen everybody i wanted to see so see you all on saturday! :agree: hopefully Alyona is feeling better then & Yelim can get silver :clap:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Vika's score could have been a bit higher but overall I agree with it. Her jumps are small and especially skating behind Alena (even if this was a bad skate for her) you can clearly see the difference. I also thought Yelim was a lot better than her. Haven't seen Nana so can't comment about her. But Vika still has the FS!

I'm happy for Alena being first but I agree that she could have been second here, too with that pop. And I bet she clearly thought she was going to be second, too there. I really wonder what's going on, though. She looked a bit... not like her usual self and I'm not talking about the mistake here...