Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 170 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
When does our overlord arrive with the rest of the TCC battalion?

practices start from Thursday morning, He should be there no later than Wednesday evening. :coffee:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This will be 4th competition here in Finland where I can watch Yuzu live, I've seen him win the Finlandia Trophy twice, the Worlds 2017 and now he'll be at the GP here, that's so great.

Ohhh, how lucky are you? And given he's won each time, maybe you are lucky for him too :clap:

practices start from Thursday morning, He should be there no later than Wednesday evening. :coffee:

That is.... so soon, Yuzuru may be ready but I'm not!!!

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Guys I am not ready for this yet :eekn: and I am leaving for Helsinki tomorrow :eeking:

Reth

On the Ice
Have a nice trip everyone that is going and getting to see the overlord in person 🤩

Henni147

Final Flight
There's one thing that I'm not happy with: Gala-practice right before the men's free... :mad:
If I was in Yuzu's situation, the last thing I'd want to do before my free program is learning a group choreo and dorking around with chilled skaters, who finished their competitions the day before... I hope, it won't affect him and the other boys too much :ghug:

How do you think about this?

Reth

On the Ice
There's one thing that I'm not happy with: Gala-practice right before the men's free... :mad:
If I was in Yuzu's situation, the last thing I'd want to do before my free program is learning a group choreo and dorking around with chilled skaters, who finished their competitions the day before... I hope, it won't affect him and the other boys too much :ghug:

I feel the same way. I would like to know if all the men going to do the gala practice when they don’t even know who going to be in it. It’s so odd.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
AFAIK men do not attend the gala practice in this situation. Much like the ladies didn't attend the first practice at the Olympics since they had not finished. Not much of a point since there is no final result yet

yude

Record Breaker

Wow, I didn't know that. I wonder if this is happening for the first time in the competition or it happened before. I don't know what he is going to do, he may be able to skip the practice but he is a person who wants to do perfectly in ice shows or Gala so...I really hope it won't bother him indeed.

To everyone going to Finland, please have safe trips, be healthy and have fun :hap10: It's Wednesday morning here and I'm guessing we might have the reports of Yuzuru's arrival in the evening news (or morning news tomorrow). And we'll have new CM of Yuzuru and Matsuoka tomorrow :)

yude

Record Breaker
AFAIK men do not attend the gala practice in this situation. Much like the ladies didn't attend the first practice at the Olympics since they had not finished. Not much of a point since there is no final result yet

Thank you, I am relieved to hear that :)

kiches

Final Flight
Wow, I didn't know that. I wonder if this is happening for the first time in the competition or it happened before. I don't know what he is going to do, he may be able to skip the practice but he is a person who wants to do perfectly in ice shows or Gala so...I really hope it won't bother him indeed.

To everyone going to Finland, please have safe trips, be healthy and have fun :hap10: It's Wednesday morning here and I'm guessing we might have the reports of Yuzuru's arrival in the evening news (or morning news tomorrow). And we'll have new CM of Yuzuru and Matsuoka tomorrow :)

Some events have competition the same day as the gala, I also always assume the competing group doesn't attend gala practice and just does their competition practice. I'm not a huge fan of squeezing competition and gala on the same day, but I suppose it does keep a majority of the competition all on the weekend.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Ugh, I have been so busy I've barely had time to breathe, let alone watch skating, but I will watch Yuzu live even if I have to sneak up to the rooftop at work and watch the competition there! :laugh: GOOD LUCK, YUZU! <3

Amef

Final Flight
Finally! We will see Yuzu practice and compete soon! Can't wait for some lovely photos!!! Also I know Japanese Media will get nice GP interviews. So excited.

firal

Record Breaker
Yes, I can confirm that all the past competitions I've been to when there is one more event going on the same day as gala, those athletes don't participate. So I am assuming this will be the case here.

Which is a shame because as practices are often open to public it's the perfect time for spectators to see a relaxed Yuzuru, sometimes in a goofy mood, sometimes in a "kuyashii" mood :laugh:. This is where he goes to the side and practice on the jumps he missed during competition again and again.

Looks like we have many people going! Safe trip and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.