Alina Zagitova | Page 600 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Scott512

Record Breaker
Nah, they were all rooting for Zhenya. :rofl:
Except Plushenko if he was there...
(sarcasm :))

All these hotel photos....I get the mental image of Alina fans lying in wait for Alina. :laugh2:

The Zhenya favoritism is still a sore spot with me.

Glad Alina won easily and is getting some much deserved and long overdue adoration from the home crowd.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I am so proud of Alina! it was not perfect, but she was such a fighter and she was lovely to watch :)

bewitched

On the Ice
Alina at GPF for the third time in a row! Wow!

I noticed she was a bit tired today but I enjoyed her Carmen nevertheless. She is one strong girl and a true inspiration for all these little cute Russian girls in the audience. I could imagine an Olympic champion a few Olympic cycles in the future whose love for figure skating started from that November day in the Megasport Arena in Moscow... It would be such a nice story. ^^

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqStD2W...wthizCxBRHD-RhS05p1krn4CMgDrUMaChYgAmoImagKnU Favourite moment, guys!!! :rofl:

About the adorable giant teamzagitova bear - I got some insider information. ;) I keep in touch with the boy who actually threw it on the ice. He is part of the teamzagitova and actively takes part in their actions for Alina. We know each other because he was the one who translated my story about meeting Alina at the Nebelhorn Trophy in Russian language for Instagram.
So, he told me how exciting it was being at the competition, giving flags and fighting with the Japanese fans over some limited space for hanging banners - the big question - more Yuzu or more Alina banners? :laugh:
He and the main part of teamzagitova were sitting with the coolest banner ever - May Masaru be with you! - and I laughed when I saw it on the stream. So adorable. And I sense some Star Wars fans? :biggrin:
One of the women gave a beautiful flower bouquet to Eteri, as you can see on the video, and he threw the bear on the ice (by the way, he said it weights ca.7 kilograms or something :laugh:). So no surprise when one kid tried to pick it up, quickly said 'Nope' and went away and then another one came and same thing happened, and then 4 other children tried to barely pick it up from the ice... :laugh:
My Russian friend said the kids got confused because apparently they must give the toys in the corner, far from the KnC but the teamzagitova shouted and pointed with hands 'There, there!' to the Kiss and Cry, so the kids dragged the toy in the right direction and to its rightful owner. :laugh: He said Alina saw the words on the scarf and laughed. I am so happy for her and for Masaru and Owlina as well! Not sure about Iriska's opinion on the matter though. :D

Now good night, dear friends, tomorrow we will be surviving a pleasant Sunday with Croftagitova!

zenskate

Final Flight
About the adorable giant teamzagitova bear - I got some insider information. ;)

bewitched, you always have the best stories! Even when you aren't at the event :). Thank you for sharing. I read elsewhere that the Hanyu fans tried to take over with their Yuzu banners :laugh: but every banner in the arena that wasn't Yuzuru's, was Alina's. It must have been quite a sight.

The scarf on the bear was a brilliant idea. Even if Masaru introduces Bear-lina to his manner teeth, Alina can have the scarf as a keepsake :laugh: I'm so happy that Alina has so many fans who support her at her home event.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
bewitched, you always have the best stories! Even when you aren't at the event :). Thank you for sharing. I read elsewhere that the Hanyu fans tried to take over with their Yuzu banners :laugh: but every banner in the arena that wasn't Yuzuru's, was Alina's. It must have been quite a sight.

The scarf on the bear was a brilliant idea. Even if Masaru introduces Bear-lina to his manner teeth, Alina can have the scarf as a keepsake :laugh: I'm so happy that Alina has so many fans who support her at her home event.

Masaru can have Bear-lina.
But I hope Alina gives Minnie Mouse and the Flying Horsie to Iriska.

lusk8

Record Breaker
Alina at GPF for the third time in a row! Wow!

I noticed she was a bit tired today but I enjoyed her Carmen nevertheless. She is one strong girl and a true inspiration for all these little cute Russian girls in the audience. I could imagine an Olympic champion a few Olympic cycles in the future whose love for figure skating started from that November day in the Megasport Arena in Moscow... It would be such a nice story. ^^

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqStD2W...wthizCxBRHD-RhS05p1krn4CMgDrUMaChYgAmoImagKnU Favourite moment, guys!!! :rofl:

About the adorable giant teamzagitova bear - I got some insider information. ;) I keep in touch with the boy who actually threw it on the ice. He is part of the teamzagitova and actively takes part in their actions for Alina. We know each other because he was the one who translated my story about meeting Alina at the Nebelhorn Trophy in Russian language for Instagram.
So, he told me how exciting it was being at the competition, giving flags and fighting with the Japanese fans over some limited space for hanging banners - the big question - more Yuzu or more Alina banners? :laugh:
He and the main part of teamzagitova were sitting with the coolest banner ever - May Masaru be with you! - and I laughed when I saw it on the stream. So adorable. And I sense some Star Wars fans? :biggrin:
One of the women gave a beautiful flower bouquet to Eteri, as you can see on the video, and he threw the bear on the ice (by the way, he said it weights ca.7 kilograms or something :laugh:). So no surprise when one kid tried to pick it up, quickly said 'Nope' and went away and then another one came and same thing happened, and then 4 other children tried to barely pick it up from the ice... :laugh:
My Russian friend said the kids got confused because apparently they must give the toys in the corner, far from the KnC but the teamzagitova shouted and pointed with hands 'There, there!' to the Kiss and Cry, so the kids dragged the toy in the right direction and to its rightful owner. :laugh: He said Alina saw the words on the scarf and laughed. I am so happy for her and for Masaru and Owlina as well! Not sure about Iriska's opinion on the matter though. :D

Now good night, dear friends, tomorrow we will be surviving a pleasant Sunday with Croftagitova!

Thank you for the insider information on the giant Bearlina - lesnar001 you are named "official stuffed animal christening MVP" for our Alina fanfest.

I guess they can now officially ditch all the furniture at their house and just sit on the giant stuffed toys.

Pretty soon Alina's home is going to look like this

https://gfycat.com/SelfreliantTalkativeArcherfish

RoseNightingale

Rinkside
Congrats to Alina on the win! :hap10: It wasn't perfect, but she did wonderfully! :yahoo:

I watched it with my parents and this is what my mom said about her: "Alina is ethereal and so with the music. When she skates you can't look away for a moment. She's in a class of her own!" Of course I agree with that! :luv17:

And love the TeamZagitova bear! Watching those girls trying to pick that up was so cute! :laugh:

IceBallerina

On the Ice
I love TeamZagitova and honestly they seem like the nicest and most supportive people.

I'd have so much regret in life if I never saw Alina live at least once, so I'd love to fly out to Rusnats next year (I'm starting to save up!) and meet up with the TeamZagitova people. Maybe if she goes to CoR again and I have enough money by then I'll go see her.

I'd also love to learn more Russian besides the same basic phrases I can repeat :laugh:

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Thank you for the insider information on the giant Bearlina - lesnar001 you are named "official stuffed animal christening MVP" for our Alina fanfest.

I guess they can now officially ditch all the furniture at their house and just sit on the giant stuffed toys.

Pretty soon Alina's home is going to look like this

https://gfycat.com/SelfreliantTalkativeArcherfish

:laugh:
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I can't take credit for Bear-lina. That was Zenskate.

lusk8

Record Breaker
:laugh:
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I can't take credit for Bear-lina. That was Zenskate.

Zenskate, step up to the plate as well and pick up your “outstanding namer of giant stuffed animals MVP” gold medal.

If this fandom has two awesome name makers you guys can be like Alina and get two Golds. lesnar001 for Helsinki with Owlina and zenskate for Rostelecom with Bearlina.

I promise you guys real medals and not giant acrylic coasters and we’ll surely play your national anthems.

Sam L

Medalist
I love TeamZagitova and honestly they seem like the nicest and most supportive people.

I'd have so much regret in life if I never saw Alina live at least once, so I'd love to fly out to Rusnats next year (I'm starting to save up!) and meet up with the TeamZagitova people. Maybe if she goes to CoR again and I have enough money by then I'll go see her.

I'd also love to learn more Russian besides the same basic phrases I can repeat :laugh:

I saw her at the Olympics but I would like to see her at least one more time before she retires. :)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Sima Sakhanovich posted a picture of Alina and Sofia in her instagram story and wrote something in Russian (presumably congratulations) :)

egoshina

On the Ice
Sima Sakhanovich posted a picture of Alina and Sofia in her instagram story and wrote something in Russian (presumably congratulations) :)
Yes, she wrote “congratulations with the win and making the final” (and very sweet words for Sofia too)

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Just watched the medal ceremony and I must confess, I was very impressed. :luv17:

Especially during the Russian anthem, Alina seemed so proud and touched. Such an amazing moment, to win this GP assignement in her home-country, bringing happiness for all the people who came to see her. She deserves this, after so much hardwork, and I wish to hear the same anthem, played for her, after the GPF, EC and WC. :pray:

Also, the medals were gorgeous! Great job, Russia, great job! :clap: