Jason Brown | Page 644 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Ross74

Medalist
I have arrived in LA and I’m picking up my rental car. Will see FS tonight!

Enjoy! Report back!

I would be happy if Jason had the same competition arc here as Lil Bet did. They both skated 1st in the last group and both were in 6th place following the short. Minus her fall, of course. :)

Удачи, Jason!

Watch

Final Flight
I'm so proud of Jason! Was the 4S perfect? No, very far from it. But he landed it. He learned to fight for jumps with murky landings and he delivered!

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Some kind soul uploaded Jason's LP vid.
The 4S was called UR, he only got 3.74 pts for it. The 2A he did at Golden Spin was 4.16 pts.
If Jason at least fully rotates the 4S, he can get more points.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Quad Salchow attempt, NO popped jumps... Tracey furiously clapping is a mood, honestly. I'm so proud of my son lmao, bring on worlds!!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Super happy that Jason went for the 4S and didn't fall. Hopefully this is the start of him gradually getting more confidence in it untill it's just another jump. :points:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Stayed up just to watch Jason's FS... Awesome!! :luv17: Found myself humming "old friends, bookends..." making morning coffee..:laugh:
Love his hair and the "shadow" too, slightly different look for him...

noskates

Record Breaker
This is ridiculous - I get as nervous watching Jason as I used to watch my own son play rugby. Sports aren't even close but the emotion was the same. I STILL don't think that music does much for him but he was so in control last night and even missing the quad didn't affect his program. Like Johnny said, he needs to get a little more height because he certainly has the rotation. It's almost there folks! Again I thought he was a little undermarked for his PCS but that's a proud mama speaking. Now - on to Worlds!

p.s. forgot to mention the shadow! :luv17:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is ridiculous how nervous I get watching Jason too, @noskates. Not quite Eagles at the Super Bowl level, but this is just 4CCs. How am I going to feel when he’s at Worlds?:hopelessness:

Anyway, good fight, he tried, he didn’t pop, and he continued the skate in usual marvelous Jason style. Like everyone else, I see how the program works with a quad, or maybe I’m just getting used to the bowling shirt:laugh:

Onto Worlds :hap10:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I slept through Men's. Had to. But got up this morning and checked the results. Then watched the first three men on replay. That was a valiant effort to save that Quad. He hesitated slightly into the takeoff and didn't get the height, but he was almost fully rotated when his skate hit the ice. It's getting there. He fought for every point for the rest of the skate and he seemed to be enjoying himself in the step sequence. There will be a lot of work done between now and World's but he keeps getting better and that's what counts. I have high hopes for World's. I can see his confidence coming back. He needs learn how to better control the adrenaline rush and use it to his advantage. That's the next step. He'll do it! That was a tough competition. Not as tough as World's will be, but plenty tough. They all struggled to some extent and they all overcame as best they can. It was a good competition. I would love to see the gala! Hope it gets streamed somewhere.

geralynnk

Spectator
Does anyone know if Jason is invited to the Gala tonight? I hope so! He is always a consummate performer and crowd favorite.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if Jason is invited to the Gala tonight? I hope so! He is always a consummate performer and crowd favorite.

Yes, I saw the list on Twitter and he is invited.

It’s not a gala without Jason:biggrin:

And I know this isn’t his FF, but I am over the moon that Donovan was also invited. He has performance chops in the Jason tradition. So happy:clap:

Ross74

Medalist

Yep, I saw the schedule. I think he's third in the second half. Btw it appears that the top six singles skaters are appearing.

ETA: le henry beat me to it! :)

Henni147

Final Flight
It's been quite a while since my last post here in Jason's fanfest.

I've managed to watch all his competitions live this season so far, stay up late at night, wake up early in the morning, find all the possible and impossible livestreams to follow his road, cheer for him and bath in sweat everytime :drama::laugh:
Never thought I would go through this madness for any skater besides Yuzu, but Jason's programs and mesmeric skating style completely got me, especially his current SP :hap10:

To be honest: I didn't have any expectations after the coaching change, since Brian has set 1.5 years as the minimum to lay the foundation, get used to the new team, environment and coaching philosophy etc.
That Jason could (re)build his confidence and consistency in such a short time is a miracle to me. Just like his success rate with the 3A - his former nemesis, aye?
Would be wonderful, if he landed his first clean and fully rotated 4S at Worlds (all toes and fingers crossed!!) ... and if not, he can take the long summer break to work on it properly and bring it back next season :agree:

Question to everyone: Has Jason ever landed a ratified, fully rotated quad in competition? I'm working on a preview clip for Worlds and don't want to write anything wrong :dbana:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@Henni, welcome back! no Jason has never been credited in competition with a rotated quad; he landed one at SA 2016, but it was called UR:(

@Ross74...great minds:biggrin: