Russian younger age (aka novice) nationals | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Russian younger age (aka novice) nationals

Azikin

Medalist
This is really unlucky.. not that it's not already decided who will qualify.. at least show is Kamila.. ;)

Azikin

Medalist
Thankfully got it back to see like 2/3 of Maya's program.... beauuuuutiful.... :luv17:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Sofia won! Kamila is back on track and looks good to go on JGPs, Maya has another medal, all great!

Azikin

Medalist
That fall was unfortunate... so Samodelkina won... she was seriously good, obviously.. 3Lz3Lo... though artistically, I don't know... not a big fan...

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I really hope both will get JPG...

I think so. I mean, there's still Elder Age (and qualifiers) and Younger Age and test skates but still.

Maya
Pros: 1st at the Cup Final, 3rd at Younger Age Qualifiers, 2nd at Stage 5, beat Kanysheva at Cup of Moscow, did well at Volkov Memorial, improved throughout the season
Cons: didn't make junior nationals. BUT it wasn't her fault - she wasn't entered at more than one stage! it's not like she bombed one stage and so didn't qualify

Kamila
Pros: 1st at Moscow Open, 1st at Stage 1, 2nd at Stage 2, highest qualifier to Jr. Nats., 2nd at Younger Age qualifiers
Cons: didn't skate at Cup Final or Jr. Nats due to injury, didn't skate at Volkov Memorial due to injury. BUT - she qualified to both Cup Final and Jr. Nats in first out of all the cup stages participants.

And, I think there's room for them. Other than them, we've got Tarakanova and Vasilieva likely staying on the JGP, Usacheva looks to be good for JGPs as well, Sinitsyna and Kanysheva obviously. So Kamila and Maya can be participants 6 and 7. And Russia's got an extra spot at JGP Chelyabinsk, so they can enter 8 girls at 1 event and then the top 7 get a second one. So, Safonova or Frolova can get an 8th spot. Kamila and Maya should be fine if they don't bomb any skates.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
So, Valieva won short, Akatieva won elements and Samodelkina won free and the competition. It was glorious battle.

Country
Russia
Girls elder age top 7 qualfied to national level.

1. Sofia Samodelkina 257.39
2. Kamila Valieva 253.88 (fall from 3F< in FS)
3. Maya Khromykh 251.42
4. Sofia Akatieva 250.60
5. Daria Usacheva 248.40
6. Sofia Muravieva 233.60
7. Maria Zakharova 213.08 (mistakes in SP, good jumps at Elements including 3Lz+3Lo and in FS)

In bold - girls age eligible to JGP 2019.

Berestovskaya did not compete (back problems), Shabotova WD before FS. All the other best Moscow girls born at 2006-2007 competed.

Live impression - places are adequate, level of leaders is extremely high. I got a lot of pleasure.

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Boys elder age top 6 qualfied to national level.

1. Mark Lukin 233.22
2. Lev Vinokur 228.43
3. Emil Gasanov 222.55
4. Vsevolod Knyazev 211.82
5. Alexey Ryabtsev 208.10
6. Eugene Zenkin 185.80

Elder boys were not so good as girls and not so good as younger boys.

Competition is over.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Girls elder age top 7 qualfied to national level.

1. Sofia Samodelkina 257.39
2. Kamila Valieva 253.88 (fall from 3F< in FS)
3. Maya Khromykh 251.42
4. Sofia Akatieva 250.60
5. Daria Usacheva 248.40
6. Sofia Muravieva 233.60
7. Maria Zakharova 213.08 (mistakes in SP, good jumps at Elements including 3Lz+3Lo and in FS)

In bold - girls age eligible to JGP 2019.

Berestovskaya did not compete (back problems), Shabotova WD before FS. All the other best Moscow girls born at 2006-2007 competed.

Live impression - places are adequate, level of leaders is extremely high. I got a lot of pleasure.

Thanks for your results summary. It was indeed a nice competition that gives a good insight in the basics of Russian figure skating and shows promise for the future.

JuniorTV dropped out in the top flight, is there any video saved?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for your results summary. It was indeed a nice competition that gives a good insight in the basics of Russian figure skating and shows promise for the future.

JuniorTV dropped out in the top flight, is there any video saved?

You have the greatest avatar of all time!! :bow: