Anastasiia Gubanova | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Anastasiia Gubanova

Scott512

Record Breaker
Polina didn't want to skate at all and Masha got through nasty puberty as she become even taller. But Buianova killed what I loved about Kovtun and Radionova. TBH the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that Sotnikova with another coach would have achieved more but we will never find out now.

Anastasia isn't from Petersburg but she participated in city's figure skating championships already in novice category after she moved to Turenko. I guess her whole family moved to Petersburg and they might live there now.

If she goes to the Mishin she could use a year of break to rework her jumping technique because her toe jumps are one of the scariest in the field.

A 16 year old cannot take a year off. Look at whats happened to Dasha?

I dont think scariest when I see Nastya skate. But yes the jumps need work. The rest is there.

I hope Buyanova mature at age 56 shuts her mouth now and does no more harm to this beautiful 16 year old girl girl. Its like she took it personally that things didn't work out. Crazy.

Scott512

Record Breaker
A relatively disappointing performance by Nastya? Wow were you one of the judges who kept her total scores under 200 points? ;)

Dont you think she should work with Elena for at least 1 year to see where ittakes Nastya. I dont want her to change coaches so soon after joining Elena.
Well I hate to quote myself especially from 10 months ago. Nastya made it a year with Buyanova and it did absolutely nothing for her career other than set her back. Devastating. I hope she gets situated with a new coach soon and can start over and get her confidence built up again. I want to see her at the very least become the beautiful figure skater with dazzling spins I know she is. Having the right music and choreography would help too.

Remember that hideous brown and orange dress they gave her to start last season with? WTH!

Scott512

Record Breaker
Also Nastya said she has a new coach but didnt say who it is. She also said she would be staying in St. Petersburg. So it has to be a Petersburg coach.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My galaxy phone got me english translation. Very interesting. Buyanova overreacted for sure.

What injuries is Nastya talking about?

Again who is in December rusnats form in July? Anna? Sasha? It sounds like the coach got mad at her and told her to leave. How awful.

The Juniors who have test skates in 2 weeks. JGP starts next month so if you are not in form by test skates, you will not get an assignment. So if Anastasia was planning on staying in Juniors then I would hope she would be in form or close to it. Anna, Sasha and the rest of the seniors start later so they have an extra month or two to prepare.

Scott512

Record Breaker
The Juniors who have test skates in 2 weeks. JGP starts next month so if you are not in form by test skates, you will not get an assignment. So if Anastasia was planning on staying in Juniors then I would hope she would be in form or close to it. Anna, Sasha and the rest of the seniors start later so they have an extra month or two to prepare.

Nastya does not have time on her side. I can't wait to see who her new coach is. Hopefully it's Mishin. Nastya needs to train with LIza the comeback queen and Sofia the consistency queen. :) That is the best case scenario in my opinion.

Scott512

Record Breaker

I just meant Anna and Sasha are never out of shape.

If Nastya keeps her programs from last year she can come back faster correct? She knows them inside out. This would help her start the season as soon as she is healthy.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Faster in what regards? She needs new programs.

Faster and getting ready for junior test skates if they're going to have her skate Juniors this year. Anastasiia will return faster to serious practice if she doesn't have to learn two new programs.

I reread her interview yesterday and I think she said she's skating but just taking it easy because of her inflamation. But obviously it's hard to come back to major competition like test skates if you have serious inflammation like she had last year with her boot issue to start the season.

Hopefully we will get an update on your new coach soon and finally see that video interview she did that we've been waiting for for a couple months.

Scott512

Record Breaker
It's been her home for a while. She moved to Moscow from St. Pertersburg. I think her dad and brother stayed behind when she, her mother and sister moved to Moscow. But since she haven't given any interviews, I don't know if her dad/brother ever moved to Moscow or are still in St. Petersburg.

As it turned out Nastya was alone in Moscow her family stayec back in St Petersburg. Buyanova even alluded to her being home sick as one of the reasons she got rid of her. For such an experienced and successful college student handle splitting up with Anastasia so badly it's just shocking. Nastya was shocked too. The Russian Federation should condemned this coach for her words and for expelling this student from cska in its entirety.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also a bit of rumors about her new coach has reached the Russian forums.

Rumor has it she went to Rukavitsin. If true, the upside is that he is a pretty nice guy, seemingly patient, great coach and he has a good choreographer in Glinka who can choreograph Nastia's programs. The downside is he has a fairly big group and his team performed worse than Buianova's. But I do like him as a coach.

Rumor also say she will be there with her BFF, Nugumanova, who was kicked out of Turenko's group recently (Nastia's former coach) :palmf: if true, well at least she will have company. I think the rest of the group is a bit older and a bit younger.

Stay tuned. If I find any more info, I will post it.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Also a bit of rumors about her new coach has reached the Russian forums.

Rumor has it she went to Rukavitsin. If true, the upside is that he is a pretty nice guy, seemingly patient, great coach and he has a good choreographer in Glinka who can choreograph Nastia's programs. The downside is he has a fairly big group and his team performed worse than Buianova's. But I do like him as a coach.

Rumor also say she will be there with her BFF, Nugumanova, who was kicked out of Turenko's group recently (Nastia's former coach) :palmf: if true, well at least she will have company. I think the rest of the group is a bit older and a bit younger.

Stay tuned. If I find any more info, I will post it.

If its true it's a good move. I like Nastya working with a man that will be a big change for her and she probably needs a BFF at this point in her life and career. So I am glad she will be training with Nugumanova and I bet she can learn alot from Leanova. She has the artistry she needs better choreography. I hope she rebuilds her confidence next season no matter what events she skates in. Then I hope she can up her tehnical game. She will have to to comptete with the tops ladies.

I think the stress level will be less for Nastya with this new coach and in her adopted hometown of St. Petersburg which she prefers over the more hectic and stressful Moscow.

Pracygr

On the Ice
By the way, I agree with what LiamForeman said here:
LiamForeman said:
I'm sure Nastya was extremely upset not to get a SGP, and maybe her work ethic took a holiday for a few weeks understandably.
I can totally see this happening during camp which could have escalated things especially since she got dismissed right afterwards.
It doesn't really add up to be honest. One thing about being released for disciplinary reasons is that you always know when it's happening to you. "You need to do this or we'll have to let you go" - this or something similar should be said to you before the fact, and, unless Anastasia is outright lying, was not said in this case.

The need for immediate results at CSKA that Anastasia mentions in the interview sounds much more plausible of a reason to me. For her to become competitive would take a lot of time. She had quite a few issues to resolve and was not making a lot of quick progress. And CSKA cannot afford to be kept so hopelessly away from the podium for too much longer, considering the resources that being spent on them. They used to be able to get a top level skater whenever they needed one, but this doesn't work quite as well anymore, and even holding on junior talent is becoming increasingly difficult. Buyanova picked up a couple of Davydov's senior eligible skaters this spring and apparently going to try to get a quad out of them this season. And with Anastasia's hopes for quad not looking so bright she's out.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It doesn't really add up to be honest. One thing about being released for disciplinary reasons is that you always know when it's happening to you. "You need to do this or we'll have to let you go" - this or something similar should be said to you before the fact, and, unless Anastasia is outright lying, was not said in this case.

The need for immediate results at CSKA that Anastasia mentions in the interview sounds much more plausible of a reason to me. For her to become competitive would take a lot of time more. She had quite a few issues to resolve and was not making a lot of quick progress. And CSKA cannot afford to be kept so hopelessly away from the podium for too much longer, considering the resources that being spent on them. They used to be able to get a top level skater whenever they needed one, but this doesn't work quite as well anymore, and even holding on junior talent is becoming increasingly difficult. Buyanova picked up a couple of Davydov's senior eligible skaters this spring and apparently going to try to get a quad out of them this season. And with Anastasia's hopes for quad not looking so bright she's out.

There are always 2 sides to a story and I don't believe either one of them fully.

Sorry to say but CSKA doesn't have any stars there for the ladies and there is no one to challenge Team Eteri. And this is 100% my opinion. There are no stars there for the ladies. Not even Davydov's senior team. Tarusina is stable but her jumps are small and I don't see a quad happening at all. Maybe Vasilieva but I think they will have to work harder on her PCS side. If the girls and their coaches want to try for 3a and quads, then by all means. Let's not even talk about the other coaches (Selitskaya, Sokolovskaya) ladies as they are beyond hopeless.

No doubt they want results (because really what school doesn't?) but I don't think they care at all if it comes from their men and not their ladies. And if I had to assume, I'd say they are banking on their guys. That's why I said several pages back that I don't think Buyanova has any pull with the ladies in terms of politics and that it shifted to their men. Oh they were very happy with Samarin's Euro silver, you'd think he won the Olympics there was so much news of his silver medal plastered all over their site even I was rolling my eyes. Not to mention the one posting all the news, who I happen to follow on VK, praises Samarin to the heavens on her VK skating parallel page (yes, I roll my eyes and keep it moving).

Now as far as Buianova is concerned, I'm going to be completely honest when I say this. I think she is waiting for Danielian and no one else :slink:

ETA: Oh and I tear Buianova down a lot (which I did often last season with joy! including yelling at her via Zavosin. LOL), of course you have to venture into the right threads. I think I got called out for it. LOL So apparently i'm a Buianova lover and a Buianova h*ter, nice :devil:

Pracygr

On the Ice
There are always 2 sides to a story and I don't believe either one of them fully.

Sorry to say but CSKA doesn't have any stars there for the ladies and there is no one to challenge Team Eteri. And this is 100% my opinion. There are no stars there for the ladies. Not even Davydov's senior team. Tarusina is stable but her jumps are small and I don't see a quad happening at all. Maybe Vasilieva but I think they will have to work harder on her PCS side. If the girls and their coaches want to try for 3a and quads, then by all means. Let's not even talk about the other coaches (Selitskaya, Sokolovskaya) ladies as they are beyond hopeless.

No doubt they want results (because really what school doesn't?) but I don't think they care at all if it comes from their men and not their ladies. And if I had to assume, I'd say they are banking on their guys. That's why I said several pages back that I don't think Buyanova has any pull with the ladies in terms of politics and that it shifted to their men. Oh they were very happy with Samarin's Euro silver, you'd think he won the Olympics there was so much news of his silver medal plastered all over their site even I was rolling my eyes. Not to mention the one posting all the news, who I happen to follow on VK, praises Samarin to the heavens on her VK skating parallel page (yes, I roll my eyes and keep it moving).

Now as far as Buianova is concerned, I'm going to be completely honest when I say this. I think she is waiting for Danielian and no one else :slink:

ETA: Oh and I tear Buianova down a lot (which I did often last season with joy! including yelling at her via Zavosin. LOL), of course you have to venture into the right threads. I think I got called out for it. LOL So apparently i'm a Buianova lover and a Buianova h*ter, nice :devil:
I'm not picking sides, just pointing out that lack of discipline on Anastasia's side doesn't fit with the facts as well as the other option, that option being that letting her go on the basis of "athletic performance" really just means athletic performance.

BTW CSKA is quite serious about trying to get a quad with some of their ladies, whoever that might be. Berestovskaya was attempting 4T multiple times in competitions until her injury in the second half of the season, even though it looked quite clearly that the best she can hope right now is to stand on an underrotated jump and not get downgraded. The word was also that they've been trying it with their new pre-novice girl, though that girl moved to Tutberidze this summer. Clean or not, lots of attempts are to be expected next season.

As for Danielyan, even though he has a number of admirable qualities to his skating, just like Sotnikova he has difficulty maintaining stable axis of rotation on many of his jumps, which is okay (though not great) for triples, but really problematic for quads. The expectation of technical difficulty for men doesn't seem to be going down any time soon, and as far as getting world/Olympic medals goes, men's field doesn't look any easier to get into than women's, where even just one quad can immediately put you on the map. European silver is great and all, but doesn't measure well against competition when other clubs are consistently contesting world/Oly medals without drawing much in the way of resources. And this is when club bosses start to feel inclined to put on the heat.

Scott512

Record Breaker

The need for immediate results at CSKA that Anastasia mentions in the interview sounds much more plausible of a reason to me. For her to become competitive would take a lot of time. She had quite a few issues to resolve and was not making a lot of quick progress. And CSKA cannot afford to be kept so hopelessly away from the podium for too much longer, considering the resources that being spent on them. They used to be able to get a top level skater whenever they needed one, but this doesn't work quite as well anymore, and even holding on junior talent is becoming increasingly difficult. Buyanova picked up a couple of Davydov's senior eligible skaters this spring and apparently going to try to get a quad out of them this season. And with Anastasia's hopes for quad not looking so bright she's out.
Welcome.

Excellent points.

I think once she got healthy Nastya would have been on the podium for cska this year in juniors or seniors in challengers or senior Bs. I think her former coach got tired of her and wanted to get rid of her. She did. Good luck to Buyanova on getting another young girl with Nastyas great skating skills and artistic beauty. It aint gonna happen. Lol. Especially after Buyanva bombed with Elena Masha Polina and Nastya in the last year.

Scott512

Record Breaker

You didnt know? Samarins euro silver is right up there with Sotnikovas Olympic gold in Buyanovas eyes. ;) That euro silver means a lot to coach Elena which means she's once again calling the shots at cska! She was very rough on Anastasia kicking her out like that and she's sending a message to all the other students I am the queen here I am the boss I coach the European silver medalist for mens and no pretty girls here can date him. ;)

On a side note I'm sorry Nastyas little sister Ekaterina has to go through turmoil like this at 8 years old. She left CSKA too I imagine. She probably can't process this and wonders what's going on. I think you RR posted a video of her skating here a few days ago and she's really good for 8 years old. I hope she has the artistry and the great skating skills that her big sister has then she'll have a really good starting point for her career.

Are Butyrskaya and Slutskaya coaching or running academies?