Anastasiia Gubanova | Page 43 | Golden Skate

Anastasiia Gubanova

tempo

On the Ice
I know that, I completely agree that her form is fine. From my intermediate Russian that’s how I translated Buyanova’s quote. Maybe someone else can confirm?

Your translation is correct.
But, the only "unadequate" thing is what that coach doing with her skaters...

P.S. Sorry for the offtopic at the Nastya's fanfest. My post is about Buyanova as a coach, Nastya is fine.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Well... I' a little bit shock ... because how many women's buyanova has? to kick someone like nastya ... I don't get ...

Going to S. Petersburg doesn't mean that she will stay their ... but with the test skate in a month and a half ... it's hard

Scott512

Record Breaker
Her phisical shape is normal:
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByQHutaFpEm/?igshid=1nq2xor0qpxad

The Russian fans at sports.ru supposed that something is wrong with Buyanova...

+ADDED

joeyfrances98:
"come and skate for canada you will win our nationals and get to go to worlds and the olympics"
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz6NtwXJ0td/

Shame on the coach who used to coach an Olympic champion for body shaming Nastya. She has a little bit of a shape for a 16 year old girl and does not have twig legs. Puberty has added her a little bit of a womanly figure but not much more. Last year at her best for spins were great or musicality feel was great her skating skills were still top-notch. Everyone knows her main issues with consistency and jumping and landing.

But for such a renowned coach to publicly humiliate and embarrass Nastya like this is inexcusable. She did nothing to hurt this coach but the coach did things to hurt this 16 year old girl. It was vicious from Buyanova. In fact Nastya was her only quality female skater last season.

Nastya has to be devastated. Please Yulia save her! :) it's time for Yulia to step her coaching up and coach someone besides a seven-year-old kid.

Maybe Mishin? Anastasia is a different skater than Liza and Sofia. But Eteris girl group runs so deep and I think of the great coach Mishin needs a solid number three behind his top 2 girls.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Coaches don't expel students from their group/club without reasons. It's one thing if she left by her own accord, an entirely different thing to be expelled.

Now her entire season could be in jeopardy. Coaches are preparing their students for test skates, JGP, GP, etc. I hope she fare better in the search than Panenkova.

ETA: apparently Buyanova gave her tasks to do and she didn't do them. :bang:

Nastya and Dasha are basically hoomeless when it comes to having a coach. I cant imgine the hurt Nastya is going through being humiliated worldwide by a coach who is 4 times or more her age. Buyanova should have just said we parted ways and been classy but she inferred Nastya is overweight and she expelled Nastya which will make other coaches think twice about coaching her since Buyanova has branded Nastya as a troublemaker who does not performs tasks of the coach. Wow. This blows me away.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shame on the coach who used to coach an Olympic champion for body shaming Nastya. She has a little bit of a shape for a 16 year old girl and does not have twig legs. Puberty has added her a little bit of a womanly figure but not much more.

But for such a renowned coach to publicly humiliate and embarrass Nastya like this is inexcusable. She did nothing to hurt this coach but the coach did things to hurt this 16 year old girl. It was vicious from Buyanova.

We don't know the entire story. She said Anastasia didn't comply with the task given to her and did not give details on what the failed tasked were just that it was incompatible with sports. Honestly, it could be anything. Apparently there are rumors going around about Nastia's behavior in practice that I will not mention because the person who it's coming from is a trouble maker.

Scott512

Record Breaker
We don't know the entire story. She said Anastasia didn't comply with the task given to her and did not give details on what the failed tasked were just that it was incompatible with sports. Honestly, it could be anything. Apparently there are rumors going around about Nastia's behavior in practice that I will not mention because the person who it's coming from is a trouble maker.

Why hurt a child? Just say we parted ways. Thats it but the coach added innuendo and then gossip will start hurting NG even more. I cant stand that, So unfair.

I never though Buyanova was the right coach for this artistic musically gifted skater, She coaches athletes and jumpers like Adelina. Not artists Like Nastya. I hope she can find a coach who can nurture her and her rare natural talent.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
What disappointing news to read today. Aren't Junior Test Skates in two or three weeks? Can she show up without a coach? She missed test skates last year and therefore didn't get a JGP, so this might take her out of JGP as well as SGP. I'm sure Nastya was extremely upset not to get a SGP, and maybe her work ethic took a holiday for a few weeks understandably. But Buyanova no longer has any notable ladies skaters now. Seems strange to expel your only competitive skater. If she wants to be in St Petersburg, who is there? Mishin? He might be able to help her jumping form. This is so sad. Another season down the drain..... Why do I always become fans of these heartbreak skaters.....

Artemisa

Final Flight
What disappointing news to read today. Aren't Junior Test Skates in two or three weeks? Can she show up without a coach? She missed test skates last year and therefore didn't get a JGP, so this might take her out of JGP as well as SGP. I'm sure Nastya was extremely upset not to get a SGP, and maybe her work ethic took a holiday for a few weeks understandably. But Buyanova no longer has any notable ladies skaters now. Seems strange to expel your only competitive skater. If she wants to be in St Petersburg, who is there? Mishin? He might be able to help her jumping form. This is so sad. Another season down the drain..... Why do I always become fans of these heartbreak skaters.....

Mishin would be a good choice ... he has girls who look healthy and with a woman body ... and has a good technic ... and nastya don't need much help in intrepertation ...

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Shame on the coach who used to coach an Olympic champion for body shaming Nastya. She has a little bit of a shape for a 16 year old girl and does not have twig legs. Puberty has added her a little bit of a womanly figure but not much more. Last year at her best for spins were great or musicality feel was great her skating skills were still top-notch. Everyone knows her main issues with consistency and jumping and landing.

But for such a renowned coach to publicly humiliate and embarrass Nastya like this is inexcusable. She did nothing to hurt this coach but the coach did things to hurt this 16 year old girl. It was vicious from Buyanova. In fact Nastya was her only quality female skater last season.

Nastya has to be devastated. Please Yulia save her! :) it's time for Yulia to step her coaching up and coach someone besides a seven-year-old kid.

Maybe Mishin? Anastasia is a different skater than Liza and Sofia. But Eteris girl group runs so deep and I think of the great coach Mishin needs a solid number three behind his top 2 girls.

"Athletic form" in russian doesn't necessarily mean that Buyanova was trying to fatshame her. (Not that I'm a fan of Buyanova)
Just wanted to point out, if we just take the words as they are, they mean she's not in her best shape, not in her competitive shape (i.e. can't do jumps maybe, lost too much muscle during holidays etc). She said that it doesn't fit her tasks, so it can also possibly be that she couldn't do her usual content or do something Buyanova asked her to do, something like that.
I don't know what she exactly meant there, but if translated directly, it's not really humiliating or embarrassing (but also, the sentence is quite strange to being with).
/possibly that's also not the real reason, since Radionova is still part of CSKA and Buyanova's team, and she wasn't on the rink for a long time (=so she's also not in her 'athletic shape')/

Scott512

Record Breaker
"Athletic form" in russian doesn't necessarily mean that Buyanova was trying to fatshame her. (Not that I'm a fan of Buyanova)
Just wanted to point out, if we just take the words as they are, they mean she's not in her best shape, not in her competitive shape (i.e. can't do jumps maybe, lost too much muscle during holidays etc). She said that it doesn't fit her tasks, so it can also possibly be that she couldn't do her usual content or do something Buyanova asked her to do, something like that.
I don't know what she exactly meant there, but if translated directly, it's not really humiliating or embarrassing (but also, the sentence is quite strange to being with).
/possibly that's also not the real reason, since Radionova is still part of CSKA and Buyanova's team, and she wasn't on the rink for a long time (=so she's also not in her 'athletic shape')/

Adelina was not a twig she had muscles and some shape. Why should Nastya have to be in rusnats form in July? Crazy. Buyanova just did not like her I suppose. I am sure the feeling is mutual.

I hope Nastya gets a good landing spot. If not she sinks deeper and deeper into rusfed oblivion. :(

Scott512

Record Breaker

Terrible news and terrible timing. I hope Nastya can recover from this and Buyanova retires soon. She has been a disaster since Adelina won Sochi gold. Eteri on the other hand has been amazing since Julia won team gold at Sochi olympics in 2014. Who would take their golden girls to Buyanova in the future? Then talking bad about Nastya while expelling her from CSKA. Damn crazy. Even if Nastya made mistakes and thats a big if do not expose that at all. Stay classy. Buyanova did not do that.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I don't defend Buianova because she has no class BUT lack of athletic shape doesn't necessarily mean that she thinks that Nastya is too fat or needs to be thinner. It also can mean that she isn't in physical form to compete on the level they expected from her. And while I have many issues with CSKA it never occurred to me that they expected their skaters to live on air and protein shakes.

I hope that Anastasia will find new coach soon but if she wants to stay in Peter I guess Mishin is her only option. There is also Chabotareva who besides Konstantinova has no female students capable of competing on international level. She left Moscow so she probably doesn't want to stay there. There is also Urmanov in Sochi who doesn't have any notable students right now and I'm not sure if Anastasia would like to move to Sochi.

I pray that other coaches won't listen to Buianova'a explanations and will give Anastasia a chance

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don't defend Buianova because she has no class BUT lack of athletic shape doesn't necessarily mean that she thinks that Nastya is too fat or needs to be thinner. It also can mean that she isn't in physical form to compete on the level they expected from her. And while I have many issues with CSKA it never occurred to me that they expected their skaters to live on air and protein shakes.

I hope that Anastasia will find new coach soon but if she wants to stay in Peter I guess Mishin is her only option. There is also Chabotareva who besides Konstantinova has no female students capable of competing on international level. She left Moscow so she probably doesn't want to stay there. There is also Urmanov in Sochi who doesn't have any notable students right now and I'm not sure if Anastasia would like to move to Sochi.

I pray that other coaches won't listen to Buianova'a explanations and will give Anastasia a chance

That the things that bothers me most. Buyanova is harming Nastyas future with her comments. Just say we are not working together anymore. Dont give deatils. We all know 16 year olds arent perfect. They are human. Poor Nastya.

Didnt Buyanova botch things or help ruin Polina and Masha? Nastya could look back and think she was lucky to get away from this hack of a womens coach at age 16. Hopefully her career can still be saved. How can you make Polina Masha and Nastya worse and not better? Not good for the coaching rep of Buyanova.

My hope is she goes to Mishin. His ladies team needs depth behind Liza and Sofia. Why not?

Of course I would be happy if she went to Eteri Georgivina. But that seems unlikely and EG has so many outstanding ladies senior and junior. EG focuses on gold but getting a girl from #9 or 10 Russina to #5 or 6 would be great coaching too.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Pretty sure Nastia isn't originally from Saint Petersburg (she moved there from somewhere else), so if she moved to Saint Petersburg, the coaching is probably already arranged.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didnt Buyanova botch things or help ruin Polina and Masha? Nastya could look back and think she was lucky to get away from this hack of a womens coach at age 16. Hopefully her career can still be saved. How can you make Polina Masha and Nastya worse and not better? Not good for the coaching rep of Buyanova.

Polina went to Buyanova with injuries, didn't want to skate anymore, said she has been thinking about it for a while, found school more interesting and decided to go study and not combine it with skating. Maria spent most of her summer preparing for her entrance to college and got a late start and tried to combine both. Considering Maria is thought to be the less talented one of the two, she had the better career in seniors (all with Buyanova) and her career sort of ran it course. What does this have to do with Nastia's situation of not completing her tasks? No coach is going to force you to work. Not Eteri, not Mishin, not Buyanova.

Now had Anastasia left Plushenko or was the beloved child of Eteri and left, we would have a lot more fireworks in the media than what Buyanova said.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pretty sure Nastia isn't originally from Saint Petersburg (she moved there from somewhere else), so if she moved to Saint Petersburg, the coaching is probably already arranged.

It's been her home for a while. She moved to Moscow from St. Pertersburg. I think her dad and brother stayed behind when she, her mother and sister moved to Moscow. But since she haven't given any interviews, I don't know if her dad/brother ever moved to Moscow or are still in St. Petersburg.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
That the things that bothers me most. Buyanova is harming Nastyas future with her comments. Just say we are not working together anymore. Dont give deatils. We all know 16 year olds arent perfect. They are human. Poor Nastya.

My hope is she goes to Mishin. His ladies team needs depth behind Liza and Sofia. Why not?

Of course I would be happy if she went to Eteri Georgivina. But that seems unlikely and EG has so many outstanding ladies senior and junior. EG focuses on gold but getting a girl from #9 or 10 Russina to #5 or 6 would be great coaching too.

Polina didn't want to skate at all and Masha got through nasty puberty as she become even taller. But Buianova killed what I loved about Kovtun and Radionova. TBH the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that Sotnikova with another coach would have achieved more but we will never find out now.

Anastasia isn't from Petersburg but she participated in city's figure skating championships already in novice category after she moved to Turenko. I guess her whole family moved to Petersburg and they might live there now.

If she goes to the Mishin she could use a year of break to rework her jumping technique because her toe jumps are one of the scariest in the field.

Scott512

Record Breaker
It's been her home for a while. She moved to Moscow from St. Pertersburg. I think her dad and brother stayed behind when she, her mother and sister moved to Moscow. But since she haven't given any interviews, I don't know if her dad/brother ever moved to Moscow or are still in St. Petersburg.

I didnt even know she had a brother. I knew of the little sister. I wonder what her parents think of how bdly Buyanova treated their daughter? No need to harm Nastyas reputation or physical appearance. Just say we arent working together. I wish Nastya luck. That is class. Buyanova was classless here.