2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 634 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

P44

On the Ice
What exactly is the definition of a fall? Because I thought Alina fell but it wasn't judged as one and got no deduction.

Is it something to do with how much of your body/weight distribution actually contacting the ice? As in she didn't actually go right down on her butt/side/whatever?

I'm not good at describing things lol

I think so. Today was more like hands down I'd say.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
What exactly is the definition of a fall? Because I thought Alina fell but it wasn't judged as one and got no deduction.

Is it something to do with how much of your body/weight distribution actually contacting the ice? As in she didn't actually go right down on her butt/side/whatever?

I think the majority of the weight has to be on something other than the blades? I could be wrong here. However, Alina definitely had most of her weight still on her blades.

ruga

Final Flight
Now when I think, had that SP 3A and FS 3F not have been called, Aliona would have beaten Sasha's score at SkCan. This rivalry will be even better than I imagined.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Is it something to do with how much of your body/weight distribution actually contacts the ice? As in she didn't actually go right down on her butt/side/whatever?

Alina didn't touch the ice by her both hands and legs, nor the body, so it wasn't a fall.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Thankyou for the answers to my fall question.

Yes, I thought that might be the case.

Impressed she managed to keep herself off the ice completely.

MissBeeFarm

On the Ice
Now when I think, had that SP 3A and FS 3F not have been called, Aliona would have beaten Sasha's score at SkCan. This rivalry will be even better than I imagined.

And if Sasha had skated clean in the FS and gotten her levels she'd have won. I can't wait for all of them to meet at the same competition, it's gonna be amazing!

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
And if Sasha had skated clean in the FS and gotten her levels she'd have won. I can't wait for all of them to meet at the same competition, it's gonna be amazing!

That is the only real and fair comparison we are going to get, all of them at the same competition with the same judges and tech panels

IleK

On the Ice
I can't help wonder how a skater who medaled two or three years ago at GPF can go so down. I mean it's obvious that the puberty strikes badly, especially the russian girls, but even so... I feel very sorry for Sotskova. Sometimes I think that for the russian girls there is no middle, is either gold, either last. And they get to taste both of them, in that order that being last, after being used to be first, is so heartbreaking.
I really had high hopes for Alina, she looked so good at the Russian tests. I even thought she has a big chance to win this, even with Alena's triple Axels. She did some mistakes, I think because of what happened yesterday she felt insecure today and both the jumps and the performance were affected. She performed this LP at the Russian tests and it was amazing, she was smiling and she was very into her character. She still did a good job but I didn't feel the vibe. And I hope that the judges don't show her the cold shoulder while they are embracing the new Russian babies. Because I am so tired of this. "I like you if you're 15 and can jump and spin like a machine and you have no idea how is to lose because you always win, but then when you're already 17, I already like another jumping machine". I believe Alina can fight and has the proper technique to do so. I really want another 20 years old Russian skater besides Liza. I love all the new girls, it is impossible not to, but I need to watch some women skate too.

starla16

Medalist
Stop this.

Stop trying to make life decisions for these girls. She knows where she stands and how she's not competitive. If she wants to continue skating, she can. She earned her GP from her previous results and she will also have to earn any future assignments, too. If she wants to compete at lower levels and try to improve herself, she still can.

she wont get any GP next season with that score
I believe she will need to compete in a CS, then she has to get out of national competitions first and then the RUS Fed might not submit her name.

If I was the fed, I would refuse her name for next season.

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany

Is it something to do with how much of your body/weight distribution actually contacts the ice? As in she didn't actually go right down on her butt/side/whatever?

A fall is defined as: “loss of control by a skater with the result that the majority of his/her own body weight is on the ice supported by any other part of the body other than the blades e.g. hand(s), knee(s), back, buttock(s) or any part of the arm.”, so yeah, I'd also say this wasn't the case.

The judges were still out for blood today. :D I'm too tired to review all calls, so right now I'll leave it at congratulations to Alena and Alina and best wishes for Maria. So sad to see her in this condition, though she herself didn't look as sad as she did at Denis Ten Memorial, I guess she has come to terms with what she can do at this point. Hope she can continue to skate for the joy of it and that better times will come.

starla16

Medalist
I can't help wonder how a skater who medaled two or three years ago at GPF can go so down. I mean it's obvious that the puberty strikes badly, especially the russian girls, but even so... I feel very sorry for Sotskova. Sometimes I think that for the russian girls there is no middle, is either gold, either last. And they get to taste both of them, in that order that being last, after being used to be first, is so heartbreaking.
I really had high hopes for Alina, she looked so good at the Russian tests. I even thought she has a big chance to win this, even with Alena's triple Axels. She did some mistakes, I think because of what happened yesterday she felt insecure today and both the jumps and the performance were affected. She performed this LP at the Russian tests and it was amazing, she was smiling and she was very into her character. She still did a good job but I didn't feel the vibe. And I hope that the judges don't show her the cold shoulder while they are embracing the new Russian babies. Because I am so tired of this. "I like you if you're 15 and can jump and spin like a machine and you have no idea how is to lose because you always win, but then when you're already 17, I already like another jumping machine". I believe Alina can fight and has the proper technique to do so. I really want another 20 years old Russian skater besides Liza. I love all the new girls, it is impossible not to, but I need to watch some women skate too.

Med will turn 20 soon

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
Alyona was great in the FS and deserving of the first place.

Alina’s fall on the lutz left me on edge and I actually screamed in joy when she landed the loop later.

She’s not the olympic and world champion for nothing. Yes she popped her combo but did it in the second part and knowing that GP France judges strictly, it’s not bad at all. I’m still pleased with the result, Alena deserves her first place and Alina showed us what it means to be a champion.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Judging aside the placements were fine. Alyona absolutely nailed it, I doubt even Zagitova skating cleaner could have beaten that performance.

Mariah I was very impressed with, I wasn't expecting her to be that good in the FS but she's improved so much and her consistency is miles better.

Kaori had a rough SP and although her FS was 100% better, it wasn't completely clean and was low balled somewhat. She probably wouldn't have beaten Mariah for Bronze anyway.

Skuratov

On the Ice

And here we go... The Endless nonsense battles:

Evgenia vs. Alina.

Sasha vs. Alenka.

Who's next?

Daria vs. Kamila? Kanisheva vs. Kamila? Sinitsyna vs. Kamila? and so on.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
You already have another Russian skater that will turn 20 this month . But yes that seems to be the fact that Russian female skaters have like 2 season and then the next batches come to seniors. Hope that Liza, zhenya and alina will still skate for years to come. No matter if it is for medals or just for the sake of skating.