2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 838 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

colormyworld240

Medalist
TAT is just awful - there are so many times she should've been called out. I wish Buyanova would've said something when she was telling Elena she needed to lose weight and loved eating too much in front of the fed. Hasn't Liza also given a public retort to some things TAT said about her? It might not be the smartest idea as we all know TAT's influence can get you on the world team even when you really don't deserve it a la Stasya (and no shade to her I really like her skating and it's not on her at all). But, something has to be done in Russian figure skating to protect these girls mentally and emotionally from those who abuse their power to slander these girls.

Figure skating is so dramatic in Russia, I don't think someone like TAT would get away with this much in North America.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Meanwhile, time for some useless facts

Russian Nationals has since 1996 in average 5 new girls each year

Compared to last year, this year it is 6:

Zagitova, Tarusina, Leonova, Tsurskaya, Sotskova and Panenkova are out.
Tuktamysheva, Sakhanovich, Sinitsyna, Tsibinova, Frolova and Shulskaya are in.

Tukt and Sak does not really count as they have competed at RusNats before, so we have 4 girls making their debut this year.

Good luck to all the 18 girls at RusNats:luv17:

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Hope TukTik goes to Euro and Worlds (instead of Anna) with her triple axels and quads and textbook jumps. They owe it to her.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Hope TukTik goes to Euro and Worlds (instead of Anna) with her triple axels and quads and textbook jumps. They owe it to her.

Anna is fantastic! She has 2 quads already and a 3rd if she lands that 4F, Liza will struggle to beat Anna who is scoring over 160 internationally in her FS.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Anna is fantastic! She has 2 quads already and a 3rd if she lands that 4F, Liza will struggle to beat Anna who is scoring over 160 internationally in her FS.
But Anna prerotates those quads and have poor skating skills.
Hanyu, Chen and Boyang have real quads.
Plus Liza can have two quads and 2 triple axels in her FS. She also have textbook technique, unlike Anna.

lesnar001

Record Breaker

I was going to warn you what his response would be....
But he already beat me to it :laugh:

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
I was going to warn you what his response would be....
But he already beat me to it :laugh:
I am not he - I am a "she". Nadezhda is a popular Slavic name. Very popular in Russia too. It means "hope". And Nadya is the diminutive form of Nadezhda. I am obviously not Russian, even though I understand Russian (since I have been studying it for more than 15 years).

Scott512

Record Breaker
TAT is just awful - there are so many times she should've been called out. I wish Buyanova would've said something when she was telling Elena she needed to lose weight and loved eating too much in front of the fed. Hasn't Liza also given a public retort to some things TAT said about her? It might not be the smartest idea as we all know TAT's influence can get you on the world team even when you really don't deserve it a la Stasya (and no shade to her I really like her skating and it's not on her at all). But, something has to be done in Russian figure skating to protect these girls mentally and emotionally from those who abuse their power to slander these girls.

Figure skating is so dramatic in Russia, I don't think someone like TAT would get away with this much in North America.

TAT would not be able to get away with her crap in America the way she does in Russia. Christine Brennan would not allow it.

Finley

Record Breaker
While I appreciate Eteri finally standing up to Tarasova for Alina, I feel it would have been more useful to Alina while she was still competing. If anything, it seemed Tarasova was finally more complimentary of Alina this season, so the timing of Eteri's instagram post feels more like the team is trying to do damage control for Eteri's reputation. The drama in Russian Ladies FS never ends, but I really hope the 3A are not affected by this, and they can still sweep Russian Nationals as they seem destined to do.

I hope so too.

Someone on another forum speculated that the reason they never spoke up against TAT (or anyone else) to defend Alina while she was still competing was out of concern that it could negatively affect Alina. (I guess with regard to her standing with the Rus Fed or maybe her scores from Russian judges?) Now that Alina has closed the door on the rest of the season and she is 'free' from the reach of any kind of 'politics' they decided to speak out.

I agree with you that it isn't just in defense of Alina but in defense of their professional reputation. I really don't think she would have done so if she thought there would be any kind of negative repercussions for the 3A. Here's hoping she's right.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
TAT would not be able to get away with her crap in America the way she does in Russia. Christine Brennan would not allow it.

Do we really know what goes on behind closed doors with the USFSA though?
I mean, they have made some selections considered "controversial" too. Like in 2014.

Anya00

Rinkside

They do not owe her anything. So far Anna has shown great results at every single competition she's skated in this season. She also has what looks to be a stable quad lutz and she's also added a quad flip now. Anna's artistry and performance imo are also among the best in the ladies field, not to mention her beautiful spins. Why are you so harsh on Anna? If Liza wins RusNats, then yes, she should get to go to both, but before the competition has even started, why is it necessary to put skaters down?

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Wow I don’t check on ice skating for a day and Team Tutberidze has managed to light TAT and Plushenko on fire in one instagram post. Kudos to them for having the confidence to fire back at the insensitive comments of these two. I like this because they are giving Alina justice while shutting down TAT and Plush, as well as Alina’s haters who want her to leave Team Tut. :devil:

As for it effecting the 3A, I feel like Team Tut and it’s skaters wouldn’t have posted and liked their post if they thought it would effect their scores at nationals. They are an extremely smart team and they know what they are doing. Eteri must have surpassed TAT in terms of influence in scoring. And knowing how well Team Tut is able to take advantage of the scoring system (backloading, quads, etc), I bet they are out TATing TAT at her own game.

It will be interesting to see if TAT or Plush respond to this. Knowing those two, I bet there will be an interview or something tomorrow :laugh:

pearly

Record Breaker

That could be said of many things. They do happen in America as well, but there are now systems in place so, once these issues are made public, it has become more difficult to sweep them under the rug.

I’ve read a translated article about Tarasova’s statement, not the statement itself. The article did not really seem bad at all, rather realistic, so I don’t know what triggered this statement from the coaching team. (No offense to her fans, but I don’t see Alina coming back to competition either. Good for her if she does.) I do agree with what they had to say to Plushenko, but a bit surprised they decided not to take the high road.

Amei

Record Breaker
They do not owe her anything. So far Anna has shown great results at every single competition she's skated in this season. She also has what looks to be a stable quad lutz and she's also added a quad flip now. Anna's artistry and performance imo are also among the best in the ladies field, not to mention her beautiful spins. Why are you so harsh on Anna? If Liza wins RusNats, then yes, she should get to go to both, but before the competition has even started, why is it necessary to put skaters down?

I think what Liza should be rooting for if she does not win Nationals (which I believe is the only guaranteed way to Europeans or Worlds) is that the debate for spot number 3 does not come down to her and Anna. Because her and Anna have competed directly against each other at 3 international events and Anna beat her all 3 times and only once did Anna not have higher PCS and that was in the SP at her very first international competition. Additionally, Anna is going into Nationals as the defending champion which likely means a PCS boost.

Below is the PCS between the 3 competitions that they were both at:

CS Lombardia:
Liza PCS: SP: 31.73; FS: 64.24
Anna PCS: SP: 30.64; FS: 64.32

Worth noting this was Anna's very first international senior competition

GP USA:
Liza PCS: SP: 30.86; FS: 64.30
Anna PCS: SP: 31.69; FS: 67.96

At Skate America in the SP Anna even beat Liza's TES score and Anna had a fall and Liza didn't have a fall and landed her triple axel.

GP China:
Liza PCS: SP: 31.86; FS: 66.50
Anna PCS: SP: 33.43; FS: 67.82