2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 837 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
If you remember, he had some pretty serious arguing with TAT at the Ice Age Kids.

Yes, it seems the tide is slowly turning on the old guard with merits from the USSR's times.

That argument with TAT was unexpected, at first it started Mariya Rebrova, the 10 year old skater in his charge, but he sort of winked to her and Mariya remained unphased while Trankov shouted across the rink.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
Yes, I do.

Alina is neither of them. She isn't suffering from any noticeable injury, she is in a great shape, she doesn't have problems with technique. Giving a break is nothing exceptional. The list of top athletes who never had it would be much shorter than those who had.

Serve yourself. Your "compliments" reminded me that saying: "with friends like this, who needs enemies." You made a conclusion that is in accordance with previous comments, opinions, your wish. And your wish is not Alina's world.

I don’t know you from anyone else, but you seem an obsessive fan that feels the need to try and label and assign YOUR version of how someone posted things or what they meant, or if they’re a friend or enemy.

You’re not Alina. You’re not an admin. You’re nothing but a poster on this board. If you have some real, legitimate issue with my post, or can prove and back up with legitimate facts that my post was derogatory towards Alina— then feel free to repost my post to the ADMIN and they’ll take a look at it. I can guarantee it’s not bashing or mean towards Alina in any way.
But YOU are not going to tell me how to post, based on what you (another random poster on this board) finds acceptable to your personal opinions.

I realize your emotions are high and you’re deeply upset and disturbed that this teenager had decided to take a break from skating. But it’s HER life, and picking random and ridiculous fights with posters on a message board is not the mature way to deal with your feelings.

Again, I’m certain admin would have already deleted my post about Alina if it was as terrible as you have twisted it to be.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
On another note—what the heck is going on in Russia? Alina’s announcement, Liza’s hacked YouTube, this new Instagram drama. I was offline at a business conference and come back to a ton of skating drama. It’s like a soap opera.

I’m not up on all things Russian. What did Tarasova and Pluschenko say about Alina’s “taking a break” that set Eteri off? Seems very bad PR move for a coach to lash out like that. But again, I haven’t kept up on all the skating drama.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I don’t know you from anyone else, but you seem an obsessive fan that feels the need to try and label and assign YOUR version of how someone posted things or what they meant, or if they’re a friend or enemy.

You’re not Alina. You’re not an admin. You’re nothing but a poster on this board. If you have some real, legitimate issue with my post, or can prove and back up with legitimate facts that my post was derogatory towards Alina— then feel free to repost my post to the ADMIN and they’ll take a look at it. I can guarantee it’s not bashing or mean towards Alina in any way.
But YOU are not going to tell me how to post, based on what you (another random poster on this board) finds acceptable to your personal opinions.

I realize your emotions are high and you’re deeply upset and disturbed that this teenager had decided to take a break from skating. But it’s HER life, and picking random and ridiculous fights with posters on a message board is not the mature way to deal with your feelings.

Again, I’m certain admin would have already deleted my post about Alina if it was as terrible as you have twisted it to be.

It's just this post:

Unless you’re an admin on the board, I don’t think you should take the liberty of telling anyone how or what to post on this message board. It seems you’re trying to be the posting police. Nothing in my post was about you or directed towards you. My post was about Alina. I’m not sure why anyone would think they have the right to tell posters what they think they should be posting.

Alina’s own words, and her coach, indicate she wanted to leave the sport 1.5 years ago. Perhaps some are in denial or believe her own statements to be untrue. That’s her official statement. Unless you have insider information then I’m going to believe her own public statements over some fans on a message board.

version 2.0. The fact you feel deeply angry because I (and others, as it showed) disagree with you is not my problem. Write whatever you want, I'm just saying you are wrong when you are burying someone who didn't die.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
I'm so curious of how the coach's council falls in terms of allegiance to TAT vs. support of Eteri, and whether it'll change by the time the season is over.

Russian Nationals ratings are going to be through the roof.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I'm so curious of how the coach's council falls in terms of allegiance to TAT vs. support of Eteri, and whether it'll change by the time the season is over.

Russian Nationals ratings are going to be through the roof.

I just hope that RusNats won't be a continuation of this soap drama. No one needs that. I hope that Alena, Anna and Sasha can concentrate on the task ahead and not get absorbed into this farce.

Amei

Record Breaker
I just hope that RusNats won't be a continuation of this soap drama. No one needs that. I hope that Alena, Anna and Sasha can concentrate on the task ahead and not get absorbed into this farce.

I just hope that no one powerful got offended by Team Eteri's defense of a skater no longer competing and decides to take it out on Eteri skaters that are competing.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Can people tell me why Tatiana Tarasova is still relevant? Being a great coach many years ago should not matter now. But I'm sure glad she gets to see this unbelievable Eteri ladies dynasty at Sambo-70. It probably pisses her off to no end. Lol.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I just hope that no one powerful got offended by Team Eteri's defense of a skater no longer competing and decides to take it out on Eteri skaters that are competing.

I have some wine in me tonight but if I understand you correctly I don't think your concerns will happen because Alina's teammates are Russia's best hope to do anything in figure skating. Meaning no one in Russia would want to slow their roll. And in fact you can make the point that these girls are lifting Russian Sports to Great Heights I made tremendous depression and disappointment of more Olympic bans as Russian Federation.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden

Exactly. But I also fear that everyone at Sambo 70 might get sucked into this...and that is not a good thing.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
On another note—what the heck is going on in Russia? Alina’s announcement, Liza’s hacked YouTube, this new Instagram drama. I was offline at a business conference and come back to a ton of skating drama. It’s like a soap opera.

It's just business as usual in Russia.

Seruleane

Final Flight
While I appreciate Eteri finally standing up to Tarasova for Alina, I feel it would have been more useful to Alina while she was still competing. If anything, it seemed Tarasova was finally more complimentary of Alina this season, so the timing of Eteri's instagram post feels more like the team is trying to do damage control for Eteri's reputation. The drama in Russian Ladies FS never ends, but I really hope the 3A are not affected by this, and they can still sweep Russian Nationals as they seem destined to do.