Top six ladies at US Nationals? | Golden Skate

Top six ladies at US Nationals?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
As someone mentioned in another thread there are the top three us skaters then there is a gap after that. Who do you expect to be top six? I suspect podium is Alysa for gold, then anyone’s guess what medal Bradie and Mariah get. Who do you think is 4-6 this year?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As someone mentioned in another thread there are the top three us skaters then there is a gap after that. Who do you expect to be top six? I suspect podium is Alysa for gold, then anyone’s guess what medal Bradie and Mariah get. Who do you think is 4-6 this year?

I hope Gracie will be somewhere in there.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I have googled and gone to Ufsa.org. Where is the list for girls who have qualified for ladies seniors this year? Thanks to anyone who can post that or point me to where it is.

Ok I missed list in the nationals folder. Up to speed. However can anyone tell me what is the deal with Ting Cui? I love her so disappointed she isn’t in the list of nationals. Is she very injured? Any news appreciated on Ting. I don’t do Instagram and avoid social media so.... thanks.

lusterfan

Final Flight
I have googled and gone to Ufsa.org. Where is the list for girls who have qualified for ladies seniors this year? Thanks to anyone who can post that or point me to where it is.

Ok I missed list in the nationals folder. Up to speed. However can anyone tell me what is the deal with Ting Cui? I love her so disappointed she isn’t in the list of nationals. Is she very injured? Any news appreciated on Ting. I don’t do Instagram and avoid social media so.... thanks.

From Ting's Instagram:

"Hi everyone,
I have decided to withdraw from Nationals this year to focus on my recovery and rehabilitation from my second right ankle injury this year. This was a difficult decision to make but I think ultimately it’s the smart choice. I’m going to miss competing at the US Champs this year but I’m hoping to come back stronger than ever :) Thank you to my medical team for the best care and to my family, friends, and fans for the relentless support "

Seeing her last season, I was thinking she may be able to spoil the Bradie-Mariah team once she hits senior, but I guess she still needs more time.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
From Ting's Instagram:

"Hi everyone,
I have decided to withdraw from Nationals this year to focus on my recovery and rehabilitation from my second right ankle injury this year. This was a difficult decision to make but I think ultimately it’s the smart choice. I’m going to miss competing at the US Champs this year but I’m hoping to come back stronger than ever :) Thank you to my medical team for the best care and to my family, friends, and fans for the relentless

support "

Seeing her last season, I was thinking she may be able to spoil the Bradie-Mariah team once she hits senior, but I guess she still needs more time.

Thank you lusterfan. I think she was competing in juniors and did so well. I just love her. As Tara said a ballerina in boots. Very special potential.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Those in the mix for Top 6 also likely include Amber Glenn and Karen Chen. And I’d love to see Courtney Hicks in there, so she can get some international assignments next season.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Probably between Starr Andrews, Amber Glenn and Karen Chen. Also Emily Zhang scored almost 200 in sectionals, if she skate clean then surely will place in top 6 easily. Gracie have outside shot but let's not put pressure on her. I do hope she can pull of lutz-toe or axel-toe which she's been doing for months now in practice, that would be amazing!

princessalica

Final Flight
Probably between Starr Andrews, Amber Glenn and Karen Chen. Also Emily Zhang scored almost 200 in sectionals, if she skate clean then surely will place in top 6 easily. Gracie have outside shot but let's not put pressure on her. I do hope she can pull of lutz-toe or axel-toe which she's been doing for months now in practice, that would be amazing!

Emily was on my list to potentially be up there, but she didn’t skate well in yesterday’s short at the mentor cup.

macy

Record Breaker
i'm going to assume 1-3 will be Alysa, Bradie and Mariah in some order unless something crazy happens. 4-6 will most likely be Amber, Karen (nationals is usually where she does best...maybe she could sneak in the top 3 even) & Starr. i don't think i've ever watched Emily skate so i'm not sure about her. i do hope Gracie falls somewhere in the top 10.

concorde

Medalist
i'm going to assume 1-3 will be Alysa, Bradie and Mariah in some order unless something crazy happens. 4-6 will most likely be Amber, Karen (nationals is usually where she does best...maybe she could sneak in the top 3 even) & Starr. i don't think i've ever watched Emily skate so i'm not sure about her. i do hope Gracie falls somewhere in the top 10.
Emily has never bern a consistent skater. I think she usually tanks her short and comes roaring back in the long.

skatefan17

On the Ice
I think Mariah will get pewter and someone surprising will podium. It can’t be this predictable, can it? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I like Paige Rydberg. Is she going to be at nationals?

skatenewbie

Medalist
Yeah, why did no one else mention her yet? She probably has the biggest chance of anyone to break the expected top 3. I think I read somewhere she was recovering from injury, but she is still planning to compete, no?
Because she's recovering from an injury. Idk how her recovery is but i think she won't be 100%. She even WD from YOG iirc. If she's healthy then top 6 is very possible

macy

Record Breaker
Yeah, why did no one else mention her yet? She probably has the biggest chance of anyone to break the expected top 3. I think I read somewhere she was recovering from injury, but she is still planning to compete, no?

i think there is quite a large chance she will still WD, i think that is why no one is mentioning her. she WD from the youth olympics which begins tomorrow for ladies. US nationals is 2 weeks following.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I think Mariah will get pewter and someone surprising will podium. It can’t be this predictable, can it? ;)

Anything can happen at Nationals, but it's hard for me to see Mariah not finishing in the top 3, not only because of how solid she's been this season but also because how shaky the rest have been (besides Bradie and Alysa, obviously).