What are you listening to right now? | Page 105 | Golden Skate

What are you listening to right now?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm afraid that we are back to the obituaries.

Tim Brooke-Taylor, who was ⅓ of the British comedy trio The Goodies, has died from COVID-19.

So, in tribute, I just had to listen to the most famous of the songs they recorded:

The Goodies - "Funky Gibbon"

(Tim is the one wearing the red shirt. Bill Oddie is wearing the yellow shirt and Graeme Garden is wearing the blue shirt).

And while looking for that, I found what must surely be the start of Bill's career as a TV naturalist:

The Goodies - "Wild Thing"

Tim's parts in that song were just so funny! I actually burst out laughing! :laugh: How he managed to keep a straight face I'll never know!

My thoughts are with his family, friends, and fans.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't have a particular reason, but I just felt like listening to Corsica's finest:

Alizée - "J'en Ai Marre"

Don't worry, this isn't a sign that I've reached the stage that I'm fed up with the lockdown. I just like the song.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't have a particular reason, but I just felt like listening to Corsica's finest:

Alizée - "J'en Ai Marre"

Don't worry, this isn't a sign that I've reached the stage that I'm fed up with the lockdown. I just like the song.

CaroLiza_fan

A few days later, and now I know that wanting to listen to that particular Alizée song was definitely a premonition. I am currently in the process of making a fan video for a skater I have adopted, and it is not working out well at all. And yesterday I got so frustrated with how things were going that I just had to get away from it. And I am feeling the same this morning, now that I have gone back to it.

Anyway, for the past 24 hours I have had a song stuck in my head. I have no idea how it got into my head, because until I looked up the video there now, I hadn't heard it for well over 10 years! But, somehow it did get in there.

Christina Milian - "Dip It Low"

The irony is - I actually preferred "When You Look At Me". But the mind works in mysterious ways, and it was the other song that came into my head.

CaroLiza_fan

Ducky

On the Ice
Oh Land's latest album Family Tree.

And to think the only reason I "discovered" her was years ago she was on the cover of Time Out New York for their new music issue and the cashier at Whole Foods thought I was buying it because I was her. I am a very vain fool.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Watched "The Court Jester" yesterday, and have not been able to get the opening song out of my head ever since! :laugh:

Danny Kaye - "Life Could Not Better Be"

[There is actually another copy with far better picture quality, but it cuts off the dramatic start to the music, only starting when Kaye appears on screen]

They don't make them like that any more!

CaroLiza_fan

oldsk8er

Rinkside
Etta James
Patsy Cline
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Muddy Waters
Commodores
I listen to a variety, let's not forget Merle Haggard

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
^ I loved Danny Kaye in "Hans Christian Andersen!"

What a coincidence! My Mum said exactly the same when I told her that I would be taping "The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty" last night!

I've often heard people described in news reports as a "Walter Mitty type character", but I only know what it means; I don't know the story behind it. So, I am looking forward to finding out just what exactly Mr. Mitty was up to!

I just searched the TV listings, and "Hans Christian Andersen" isn't scheduled to be shown anywhere in the next 7 days. It also isn't available on Sky Movies. But I am taking that as a good sign because, if Sky don't have the UK rights tied up, then there is more chance of it appearing on the Free To Air channels at some stage in the future! :biggrin: (We got rid of the Sky Movies channels back in the 90's). So, I'll keep an eye out for it! :agree:

Thank you for the recommendation, iluvtodd

:thank:

Anyway, over the past week, I have been watching a lot of Bob Hope films (with and without Bing Crosby). I watched "The Great Lover" yesterday and, to get us back to the topic of music, I was going to link to a clip of Rhonda Fleming singing in it. However, the clip isn't on YouTube. :disapp: So, instead, here is Bing Crosby singing the same song:

Bing Crosby - "A Thousand Violins"

I have to admit, the whole way through the film, I was expecting Bing to make a cameo in the final scene (he has a habit of doing that in Bob's films). So, I was really surprised when he didn't in this one.

CaroLiza_fan

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It's been two weeks since I binged Peaky Blinders and I still can't get this Irish tune out of my head:

https://youtu.be/eR-B-StfDQk

And her hair hung over her shoulder tied up with a Black Velvet Band

oldsk8er

Rinkside
Myself LOL!
I have been using this time for my (personal growth) and playing my sax. I don't use sheet music, so I listen to a song over and over and over.....
Yesterday I finally was able to play "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers and today I am starting on "At Last" Etta James.
My furbabies aren't real happy with the process. Hahahahahah!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
this music is stuck into my head...

I have a feeling that you might like the song that I currently have stuck in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np3kxw2ih7o

No prizes for guessing what one of the films I watched today was! ;) :biggrin:

The other film I watched was the "Road To Bali", starring Bing Crosby, Bob Hope and Dorothy Lamour. There were quite a few songs in that film, so it's a wonder that it wasn't one of them that got stuck. Instead it was one out of only two songs in "Houseboat" (starring Cary Grant, and the singer of this song)...

...nah, it's not a surprise that this one got stuck. It's a VERY catchy song! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I have a feeling that you might like the song that I currently have stuck in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np3kxw2ih7o

No prizes for guessing what one of the films I watched today was! ;) :biggrin:

The other film I watched was the "Road To Bali", starring Bing Crosby, Bob Hope and Dorothy Lamour. There were quite a few songs in that film, so it's a wonder that it wasn't one of them that got stuck. Instead it was one out of only two songs in "Houseboat" (starring Cary Grant, and the singer of this song)...

...nah, it's not a surprise that this one got stuck. It's a VERY catchy song! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

you need another Sophia's earworm to get rid of the first one? :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk7RR5PxPs8

here you go.