Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Discussions aside, having good pictures with kids isn’t a proof of being good to kids, or having a good relationship with their own child. Good moments aren’t evidence that bad moments are non-existent.

But as far as there’s no involvement of child protection services, I’d say what happens in Plushenko‘s family is none of our business.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
My dear, it's good that you showed these pictures and videos. They are so sweet and some I hadn't even seen.

But I don't think we have to prove anything. Only the malevolent always return to that interview

:thumbsup: We don't have to prove anything. :ghug: He is a great father this will be obvious some years time.
He has a great responsibility. The elder guys already on good way https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Ywu4InfRM/ :thumbsup:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
And I want an Interview with Sasha and Alyona about the situation

Well, I want an interview with Sergei, and Alyona!
In 04.08 the Russian Match Tv will broadcast a documentary about Trusova and about the situation. :thumbsup:

Fried

Final Flight
In 04.08 the Russian Match Tv will broadcast a documentary about Trusova and about the situation. :thumbsup:

Match should have waited a little longer with the documentary. Half of what will be said should already be history. That with Alyona was definitely not planned.

eliana

On the Ice
:thumbsup: We don't have to prove anything. :ghug: He is a great father this will be obvious some years time.
He has a great responsibility. The elder guys already on good way https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Ywu4InfRM/ :thumbsup:

Let's be serious! Who doesn't punish their child sometimes?
When it's bad, when he doesn't want to listen, many of us take some action. With this interview, the press went too far and exaggerated a lot

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Calling predictions on the next Eteri exit drama. Who will be the next to make a (shocking) exit?

I'm putting my money on Valieva.

Finley

Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDUc3gDpHth/
Anatolyi Samokhvalov, famous journalist of R-Sport newspaper, he took that last interview with Plushenko:
„I have talked to Plushenko, who’m I respect. But I couldn’t congratulate him. To me it’s obvious it’s not the case for applause. Good luck to Evgeniy, Sasha and Aliona, and patience to Eteri. I have no worries about her luck.“

Wow. An actual adult. Responding to this situation fairly with kindness, respect, tact and support for the parties involved. He should teach seminars.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
After being asked about changing Kostornaia’s terrible but already created programs:

Plushenko said:
Of course, we will change and make ours. What I’ve seen on Instagram from her recent programs is just awful.

Plushenko: 1. Gleichengauz: 0

Wait, wait. It’s actually Plushenko: 2. Gleichengauz: -2.

Even better, according to Plushenko, is that Kostornaia doesn’t like her programs either. Of course she doesn’t! I look forward to see what they come up with.

As for me, I thought Trusova moving to Plushenko was dubious and I still think this way. But I’m applauding Kostornaia. This is a great change for her. If the move was inspired by her inability to regain her 3A - and her team’s inability to help her with it - then a coaching change is more than warranted. Even expected.

Finley

Record Breaker
I don't think speaking the truth can be considered as badmouthing when certain skaters act like trash

These skaters are kids. Children. Teenagers.

They are under unimaginable mental, emotional and physical pressure to be super-human. All the while knowing they are replaceable and even watching themselves being replaced in the eyes of the skating fans, judges, federations, colleagues and trainers. When your best isn't good enough anymore you're just done. That's it. Racehorses get more respect when they are put out to pasture.

When their bodies do what they are biologically programmed to do - grow and develop - suddenly it becomes an obstacle to be overcome. A problem to be solved.

I know this is competitive sport and not daycare. I know it's not for everyone. I know it doesn't give any athlete a free pass from perceived bad behavior. But these are still children who deserve support, protection and compassion from the adults around them.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I don't yet know what to think about Plushenko as coach, but it seems he was smart to take Sergei Rozanov. I just hope we get some better artistry out of the skaters under his guidance, but my gut tells me we won't. A bit different perhaps, but not better on the whole. I can see him allowing a little more freedom of movement than the Eteri school, but caring less about the details. And neither school will regularly be giving us organic, musically-attuned, emotionally accumulative programs. We'll find out!

Fried

Final Flight
As for me, I thought Trusova moving to Plushenko was dubious and I still think this way. But I’m applauding Kostornaia. This is a great change for her. If the move was inspired by her inability to regain her 3A - and her team’s inability to help her with it - then a coaching change is more than warranted. Even expected.

What a biased and illogical argument. If Kostornaia fails to restore her 3A after the break, this is of course due to the inability of the coaching team, not that of the skater, and the change is applauded. If Trusova does not manage to skate clean in the competition, it is of course due to Trusova's inability, not that of the coaching team, and the change is dubious. Lord in heaven! :pray:

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Eteri may get more criticism due to sexism (women are often criticized more than their male counterparts for similar actions), but her words are still hurtful and wrong.

This.

This is one of the reasons why the amount and types of hate Eteri gets based on anything she does or doesn't do (or her looks) bothers me so much.

This thread is 20+ pages and most of the posts are about how once again Eteri messed up at her job, how emotional she is and how she should have kept her mouth shut (or rather, her fingers off her phone)

This is what Alyona said about Eteri less than a month ago (Olympic Channel Interview):
OC: What is it like to train with Eteri?
Kostornaia: Eteri Georgievna is very often referred to as ‘the snow queen.’ I believe this is not the case. She is a very kind, open and honest person who will always tell the truth… she’ll never keep it away from you.
"Eteri Georgievna will always help us, will always give advice or point out the mistakes and flaws. It can be both in training and in life. It's a stereotype that Eteri Georgievna is an iron lady. She's not. She's the same kind of person, the same mum."

She also said she really liked her music and programs and that they suit her well.

Eteri and Daniil said they didn't hear until recently about Alyona wanting to leave or being uncomfortable in training. Aliona's words in her most recent interviews and Eteri and Daniil's emotional response makes me believe them.
Alyona leaving like this is so irrational that even her fans thought that Eteri's IG was hacked.

And Alyona is not a child, raised in the wilderness, she's almost 17. She's old enough to do better, and if she wasn't sure about what to do, I'd like to believe she has her parents and other responsible mature adults around her to help her do the right thing.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
This is what Alyona said about Eteri less than a month ago (Olympic Channel Interview):

She also said she really liked her music and programs and that they suit her well.

Eteri and Daniil said they didn't hear until recently about Alyona wanting to leave or being uncomfortable in training. Aliona's words in her most recent interviews and Eteri and Daniil's emotional response makes me believe them.

I think you’re being naive if you’re genuinely putting that much weight into what Kostornaia said publicly. You want to know the truth from someone? Then stop rolling the cameras.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
This.

This is one of the reasons why the amount and types of hate Eteri gets based on anything she does or doesn't do (or her looks) bothers me so much.

This thread is 20+ pages and most of the posts are about how once again Eteri messed up at her job, how emotional she is and how she should have kept her mouth shut (or rather, her fingers off her phone)

Alyona leaving like this is so irrational that even her fans thought that Eteri's IG was hacked.

And Alyona is not a child, raised in the wilderness, she's almost 17. She's old enough to do better, and if she wasn't sure about what to do, I'd like to believe she has her parents and other responsible mature adults around her to help her do the right thing.
[emoji2356][emoji2356] Because aliona can say in the public that she doesnt like her programms? Are you that naive or blinded by eteri? In the public they literally arent allowed to talk badly about something like this when they are still with the trainers?

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
I think you’re being naive if you’re genuinely putting that much weight into what Kostornaia said publicly. You want to know the truth from someone? Then stop rolling the cameras.

Are you suggesting that Aliona is a two-faced liar? :frown:

Finley

Record Breaker
Are you suggesting that Aliona is a two-faced liar? :frown:

Maybe she just changed her mind. Maybe she liked them a lot then second guessed herself? Maybe she liked them in the beginning then started feeling like they didn't work for her.

Maybe she changed her opinion after hearing her new coach's opinion.

We won't know unless she tells us.

Status
Not open for further replies.