2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 151 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

The thing is they stated they can't force any skater to remain with particular coach, but changing teams outside the transfer wingdow is impossible, therefore formally she remains in sambo. Actually it's nothing unusual and goes through many sports.

OK, once again an evening spent by fruitful discussions instead of what I originally planned. By Grabthar's hammer, I should truly take some rest and wait how this all will turn out :)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Can I humbly suggest that discussion of endorsements, marketing and money be moved to a separate thread so that this and the other threads that it tends to get on can go back to simply discussing the actual sport?

I'm not saying it's bad - being a huge fan of an Aussie program on advertising/marketing/spin for years, I actually enjoy it - but still, given how little skating stuff we have at the minute, it would be nice if it wasn't lost in the shuffle.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I'm starting to think that the main reason they left is because Plushenko represents a plan B or some kind of financial security for the uncertain future...
No one knows yet if the 2021 Worlds or the Olympics will be cancelled or postponed. For Sasha and Aliona, this was their moment to shine, while they're at a peak in their careers.
There are other promises: more individual attention, more independence and control over their own training, the best choreographers in the world (Rozanov, apparently :scratch2:)...

All these IG posts about how Sasha is getting a new sponsor every week and how great the training and the new team are seem almost strategic. They're like: "look kids, this is what we're doing for Sasha, this is what we can do for you if you join us."

Agreed. The pandemic has changed so much Careers may be shorter now. Now is the time to stirike (it rich)! It cant be overlooked.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I humbly suggest that discussion of endorsements, marketing and money be moved to a separate thread so that this and the other threads that it tends to get on can go back to simply discussing the actual sport?

I'm not saying it's bad - being a huge fan of an Aussie program on advertising/marketing/spin for years, I actually enjoy it - but still, given how little skating stuff we have at the minute, it would be nice if it wasn't lost in the shuffle.

Hopefully we wont discuss it again.

starlight97

Final Flight
I wish you were right, but unfortunately I have to say that it would have been better if you had kept your BS a little lower. You are completely wrong. In one of the many Trusova fan accounts on Instagram, a photo from last year was shown in the stories today and now guess what was on it. Correct! Sasha. With a Graziella & Bracciallini bag. I'm sorry to have to say this, but si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses. ;)

I'm sorry that you feel so personally agitated by my humorous comment about a bag :laugh:
Her mom wearing a bag " from last year" or this year or '87 doesn't make staged Instagram endorsements less amusing to me.
And as I said, it's good for her and that Plushenko is fulfilling the mayor thing he promised her parents to get her there, please don't feel attacked.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Valieva leaving Eteri is almost impossible as junior test skates are scheduled to happen in like two weeks. Personally, I think Plushenko was exaggerating about that supposed sensational transfer and we’re all falling for it, speculating and wondering. Exactly what he wants. Publicity and drama. :shrug:

There have been rumors about Zhenya and Brian before and they turned out to be wrong. I‘ll believe them only when there‘s confirmation.

Valieva definitely isn’t going to Plushenko - he only takes blondes! That’s why it took so long (since May!!) for him and Aliona to come to an agreement. They were arguing over whether she was blonde or brunette. But in the summer her hair became lighter so they decided she could join the team.

^^^sarcasm

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
What I think is weird is the information someone posted here that Aliona would skate with Volkov.

Does that mean Pluschenko and Rozanov would have less time for her? Because then the change seems weird.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
I think the situation with Medvedeva’s departure and first season with Orser was different. She was very injured and suffering from poor nutrition and her technique was/is being reworked. She also had been on the Senior level much longer than Sasha and Alena, already had 2 world champion titles, European, GPF, Russian nationals. She was very accomplished and what did she have to show for it? Being very injured and settling for silver at the Olympics.
Sasha and Alena are young, hungry and both want all of those senior level accomplishments.
I also wonder if part of the reason they left was so they wouldn’t be know as only Eteri’s 3A. The girls all expressed they didn’t like this, yet Eteri marketed them as #teameteriforprogress and the wins became more about the coach than the skaters. Maybe that wasn’t a smart tactic for Eteri?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I think the situation with Medvedeva’s departure and first season with Orser was different. She was very injured and suffering from poor nutrition and her technique was/is being reworked. She also had been on the Senior level much longer than Sasha and Alena, already had 2 world champion titles, European, GPF, Russian nationals. She was very accomplished and what did she have to show for it? Being very injured and settling for silver at the Olympics.
Sasha and Alena are young, hungry and both want all of those senior level accomplishments.
I also wonder if part of the reason they left was so they wouldn’t be know as only Eteri’s 3A. The girls all expressed they didn’t like this, yet Eteri marketed them as #teameteriforprogress and the wins became more about the coach than the skaters. Maybe that wasn’t a smart tactic for Eteri?

The sole thing I learned from this is that Eteri is terrible at marketing... I just learned 3A were marketed, where can I buy 3A merch?

Amei

Record Breaker
What I think is weird is the information someone posted here that Aliona would skate with Volkov.

Does that mean Pluschenko and Rozanov would have less time for her? Because then the change seems weird.

If Rozanov was the main reason she left, which is what many people have been theorizing since she credited him with helping her get the triple axel then I'm sure that there will be accommodations for Rozanov to be available to her. Perhaps part of the desire of moving away from Eteri was that there was separation from the "3A" that they were all lumped together, and Kostornaia was willing to concede less time with Rozanov to be separated from training with Trusova.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany

From what i heard she will skate at the same time that volkovs group is on the ice but her trainer eill be rozanov. So if that works out then no they dont have less time for her

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The sole thing I learned from this is that Eteri is terrible at marketing... I just learned 3A were marketed, where can I buy 3A merch?

And marketing means only merchandise? Boy, did I learn the wrong thing about marketing:laugh:

I will say, I have no idea if Eteri herself tried to promote the "3A" (which we now know the girls themselves hated) as a "team" skating for the greater glory of some training base, rather than as individual skaters, each skating for their own reasons and for their own achievements. I would think she would be smart enough not to do that, but I don't follow her camp enough to know:confused2:

Thrashergurl

On the Ice

Sounds like you also need to start following their social media accounts that have, for months, featured the many photos of these girls being featured on magazine covers and articles written about the 3A.

😉😉😉

colormyworld240

Medalist
Sounds like you also need to start following their social media accounts that have, for months, featured the many photos of these girls being featured on magazine covers and articles written about the 3A.

������

Wow! I never knew Eteri owned so many magazines and so many journalists worked for her! Why is she still coaching on a state salary, doesn't seem like a smart business choice :scratch2:.

None of Eteri, Daniil, or Sergei ever referred to the girls as the 3A. Of course there were many photos of the 3 together; they were on so many podiums together and the media loved that. And of course they're in team photos together; many coaches have posted photos of their entire team. Wasn't it just yesterday you were complaining that Alena, Anna, and Sasha didn't have equal sponsorships? Now you're complaining that they're all featured on magazines together? Which is the problem, then? Either way, Eteri is not responsible for any of those things, she's "just" a coach. She doesn't own Adidas, Nike, magazines, etc.; these are way beyond her.

sparklestan

On the Ice
You actually can!! ;)
I saw adds of “3A forever” shirts on Instagram. But these were made and sold through a fan account and Eteri and co didn’t have anything to do with it.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
https://youtu.be/8RU-KJmOFg8
This is one of the worst channels on youtube. I swear.
Anna and Alina are in TOP 5 Most Beautiful Russian Girls/Women.
People in comment section are writing:"Yes, they are loyal and grateful", "they have inner beauty too", etc.
This TOP 5 is a joke. Alyona Kostornaya is the best looking Russian girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.