Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Skating zombie"? That's pretty rude, now isn't it?

An unfortunate turn of phrase. I believe that in dance they are called "bun heads" -- young dancers who concentrate so intensely on their craft that they have no outside interests?

But yeah. Lots of youngsters want to be doctors when they grow up. Or astronauts.

Last edited:

Scott512

Record Breaker
There has been no specific information about a back injury.
That's good news I hope she's 100%.
Is it genuinely impressive to "want to be a doctor"? I'm sure plenty of people want to become doctors. Actually becoming one is an entirely different thing, of course. I know people who spent a decade studying and still couldn't even get into a program.

"Skating zombie"? That's pretty rude, now isn't it?

Leaving Eteri's one thing and that she should have the right to do, but doing it outside the window and without proper procedure is not something I approve of.

Actually it is impressive to want to be a doctor and Alena has talked about it for 2 years wanting to become a neurosurgeon and she's planning on taking courses when she can. I hear no one else in igure skating talking like that which makes it unique.. it doesn't make her any more special than anyone else. But it's a unique life and career goals to have when you're at the top of your sport. :)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So how many elite skaters now to your mind are what appears to be an "inferior" breed of cat that is a "skating zombie," if they don't have the intention of going to med school or have their eyes set on a great profession already?

I can think of one young Japanese man who could, I fear, be seen to meet the definition. I doubt anyone sees him as the inferior feline...

Scott512

Record Breaker
What an odd comment.
Despite looking more physically mature than some of her peers, Aliona is still very much a child.
I don't think it's particularly helpful for teenage girls when people pretend they're all grown-up, when actually, they are not.

Aliona looks young but I was talking about her mind. She is the smartest figure skater I've seen recently and her life's goal is to be a neurosurgeon. She's talked about that for a couple of years and she said she plans to take courses and is going to retire after the 2022 Winter Olympics to pursue those unique dreams. We of course want to see such a great figure skater continue on for as long as possible.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Aliona looks young but I was talking about her mind. She is the smartest figure skater I've seen recently and her life's goal is to be a neurosurgeon. She's talked about that for a couple of years and she said she plans to take courses and is going to retire after the 2022 Winter Olympics to pursue those unique dreams. We of course want to see such a great figure skater continue on for as long as possible.

What evidence do you have that she is the "smartest figure skater" that you have seen recently? Just wanting to become a doctor is not evidence that a person is smart (however you want to define that term), and it certainly does not mean that it will happen. For heaven's sake, she is only in high school. Lots of people have aspirations to become doctors when they are in high school, and that dream never materializes, for a variety of reasons.

I wish Aliona the very best with her future educational plans, but if she doesn't end up going down a medical route, for whatever reason, that is more than okay.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
On the subject of warhorses that might actually work for Aliona Kostornaia, I'd be happy to see her get Rach 2 :pray: or Rach anything, actually.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Everyone has had their say on the subject of Alena Kostornaia switching coaches. No new information has been disclosed by the parties involved and the thread will be closed.

If you have other comments on Aliona's programs, skating, or future prospects, please continue in the appropriate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.