Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko

Fried

Final Flight
Didn't the same people all know - before seeing them skate - that Trusova would sweep the field last season?
Most of all, they "knew" AFTER seeing her. At test skates everyone looked old against Sasha. ;)

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
The easy part in Russian ladies skating is you don’t need to see them skate to know how they will do.
Wrong , so wrong. You dont need to see them skate to know how they will do? Sure [emoji2356]. You actually do have to see them skate every time to know how they will do, most of us did not think that it would be aljona who would be the number one of the 3 last season we all expected her to be number 3 and sasha to be number 1. That didnt happen, and no no one could have said that without looking at them skate. Thats just a ridiculous notion. Anything can and will happen. I mean sasha landed 4 wuads in japan open last season and after that she never did go clean anymore

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

zounger

Medalist
Or rather, to think you know. Didn't the same people all know - before seeing them skate - that Trusova would sweep the field last season?

The same I don’t know, I didn’t say anything like this last season. I’m saying about the current.

zounger

Medalist
Wrong , so wrong. You dont need to see them skate to know how they will do? Sure [emoji2356]. You actually do have to see them skate every time to know how they will do, most of us did not think that it would be aljona who would be the number one of the 3 last season we all expected her to be number 3 and sasha to be number 1. That didnt happen, and no no one could have said that without looking at them skate. Thats just a ridiculous notion. Anything can and will happen. I mean sasha landed 4 wuads in japan open last season and after that she never did go clean anymore

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

You maybe. I didn’t have Trusova very high last season.

Fluture

Record Breaker
The same I don’t know, I didn’t say anything like this last season. I’m saying about the current.

So, just out of scientific interest, I‘d like to test your crystal ball. Predictions please for Trusova, Shcherbakova, Kostornaya, Zagitova and Medvedeva? We can compare them at the end of this season. :)

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I think the one thing everyone can predict is that their programs will be poorly choreographed. That's my crystal ball - fans -the sole arbiters of taste- will love them, those who don't will simply be hating.

zounger

Medalist
So, just out of scientific interest, I‘d like to test your crystal ball. Predictions please for Trusova, Shcherbakova, Kostornaya, Zagitova and Medvedeva? We can compare them at the end of this season. :)

I don’t think I crystaballing anyone’s opinion here by making fan of it. So keep the crystal balls for yourself ��

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I think that’s easy to say clishe expressions. We will see, ice is slippery etc. I just increased the entropy of the discussion.

100% agree. For some reason people have a problem with stating sports-oriented opinions on a sports forum when it comes to skating. Well, whatever. It's not a reality TV drama where someone's feelings will be hurt if we say what we want to see or where we think a competitor's going. Say it. Doesn't matter who makes fun of it. It's supposed to be a discussion, not "we don't know" or "you can't say". Or "it's all so subjective, everyone's biased, how can anyone say". If I listed everything I don't know about even in the field I worked in, I'd be talking to nobody.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
We need to see if Alyona has her 3A back by the time competitions start. Also what's up with Anna's quads. And Kamila will be pushed hard in internal competitions. Sasha has been growing actively so life isn't going to be easy for her.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
We need to see if Alyona has her 3A back by the time competitions start. Also what's up with Anna's quads. And Kamila will be pushed hard in internal competitions. Sasha has been growing actively so life isn't going to be easy for her.

Also Sasha's quads. We've seen videos of her completing quads, but we have no clue about the consistency. she may have taken 10 attempts to do the ones in the videos.

Also in general program components for her.

It might be that Kamilla will be only one completing difficult elements.

We won't know till senior tests what will happen.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I agree with everything you wrote. Test case will be big because we don't know what kind of form these great skaters are in. Ask for Sasha she sure looks like she's gotten a lot bigger in the last year. I think if she stood next to Anna and Aliona she would be much bigger than them. That said I expect her to have her quads maybe even by test skates.

I think the one thing everyone can predict is that their programs will be poorly choreographed.

I feel the exact opposite. I think that all the choreography will be adequate for competitive purposes.

Contrariwise, it is the jumps that I have no idea about. Are all of last year's wunderkinder now past their peaks technically? Will anyone keep her jumps at the same level? Will anyone improve in quality or add new content? Will there be any international competition at all this season?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Contrariwise, it is the jumps that I have no idea about. Are all of last year's wunderkinder now past their peaks technically? Will anyone keep her jumps at the same level? Will anyone improve in quality or add new content? Will there be any international competition at all this season?

It's rather sobering, isn't it, to think that Trusova, Kostornaia and Shcherbakova are already starting to be overtaken in people's minds even though - due to absolutely no fault of theirs - they have yet to go to/medal at a single senior Worlds/Olympics?

I said about a year(?) ago that, although I didn't like Trusova, I hoped she would do well because the sport needs superstars and in my opinion given her quad queen status and 'feisty' fan-friendly persona, she was the one who could do it, if not on a Kwan/Kim level then certainly equal to or above Zagitova. I still feel the same.