Sofia Akateva | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Sofia Akateva

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Is Akatyeva's age group and rank qualified for Russian Junior National Championships, or is the other competition "Cup of Moscow" the qualifier for that?
I suppose Akatyeva's rank "perviy sportivniy" is the highest rank in her age group.
She's still too young for that.

Actually, you need to be a "Candidate Master of Sports" (KMC) and be at least 12 year old for participate in the Junior Nats.

She need to wait the next season before trying to qualify to that competition, trough the Cup of Russia series.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
So she just turned 13.

Has quads and 3Axel. Not eligible until 21-22.

I'd say she's the highest potential skater right now. Veronika Zhilina has similar technical content and better spins, but hasn't been able to get to the same levels of consistency and I think that Akatieva is more likely to maintain her technical content. Also, Akatieva has very very pretty skating. And quite unique a style as well. One of these skaters you instantly recognize by the way they skate, even without jumps. And in a positive way.

Azikin

Medalist
So she just turned 13.

Has quads and 3Axel. Not eligible until 21-22.

I'd say she's the highest potential skater right now. Veronika Zhilina has similar technical content and better spins, but hasn't been able to get to the same levels of consistency and I think that Akatieva is more likely to maintain her technical content. Also, Akatieva has very very pretty skating. And quite unique a style as well. One of these skaters you instantly recognize by the way they skate, even without jumps. And in a positive way.

Yeah, the most unforunate birth date.. it's ridiculous she's not eligible and Adelia is, for example.. but maye it's good she doesn't have to rush anything, especially it's not certain there even will be JGP season this year...

Decoder

On the Ice
Akatieva jumped 3A + 3T at the Moscow championship among juniors

Russian figure skater Sofya Akatieva performed a cascade with a triple axel in the short program at the Moscow Junior Championship.

The ward of the honored coach of Russia Eteri Tutberidze jumped an ultra-si element in a cascade with a triple sheepskin coat. Akatieva also cleanly performed solo double axel and triple lutz.

For the technique, the athlete received 43.93 points, the overall mark was 74.01. She is the leader of the competition.

(https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1088639623.html?from=main-news-fs)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Congrats to Sofia on her today's performance, she starts the season on the high level of preparation.

Azikin

Medalist
Sonya completely dominated, as expected. Without Samodelkina in the mix, there's no real competition. I love Liza B. but she's not exactly on the same level as Sonya.

Fried

Final Flight
Sonya completely dominated, as expected. Without Samodelkina in the mix, there's no real competition. I love Liza B. but she's not exactly on the same level as Sonya.
Don't sum up too soon. Veronika’s race to catch up was definitely impressive.

Azikin

Medalist
Don't sum up too soon. Veronika’s race to catch up was definitely impressive.

It was surely impressive. But 14 point difference from SP is too much against Sofia nevertheless.. she would have to blow completely and that thankfully didn't happen, even it was not her best day. Congratulations! :ddevil: