Alena Kostornaia | Page 251 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
That cute moment we've seen before in fan vids shared by Elena and Aliona after the SP, but from a clear angle and in perfect quality. I'd die to know what they were talking about... :) (Btw, Elena is a passionate performer not just on the ice, but also by the rink...) 😊

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
i misunderstood then i apologize once again, we are all a bit sensitive since people goes on a witch hunt on her since her move.
To me it's pretty clear that aliona feels like her previous team ways and communications has failed her, now that she's a full-fledged adult skater she started having expectations that team couldn't meet anymore, every skater is a different person and they have their own ideals. I wish all figure skating fans understand that it is a sport where every skater compete to be the best, at the end of the day the medals and title solely belongs under their name in history.
Apology accepted! :) (Off topic: On a future note, I don't think we should jump at each other instantly, especially not at members of the group who have been posting for some time and have proven their love and support for Aliona. In my opinion even a fanfest should bear slight, appropriate and constructive criticism, because if I don't want to expose my favourite one to hate speech (which of course I would never want to), where shall I discuss if I don't like something about what they've done? (Or anything that is not much to my liking.) Labelling a simple question "shady" and "passive aggressive" made me really sad, because it never intended to be anything like that, on the contrary, seeing that footage where there were a lot of skaters together on the ice, especially kids - Aliona almost bumped into one of the older boys - might rightfully make us worried whether Aliona made the right decision to leave TT, at least in terms of one of the reasons she provided later. Of course, seeing Aliona happy now in her new team makes me happy, so no doubt I want to see her skate her best in the future. Finally, I think we should try to be as much tolerant and understanding to each other as to the subject of the fanfest. Sorry for the long off topic, but it's just been bothering me for days and wanted to speak my mind.)

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
About the skater density issue, just based on my experience on freestyle sessions with people much better/worse than me, it's not so much about the number of skaters or mixture of skill levels, and more about what they're practising on the ice and whether they follow a common set of rules about ice etiquette. For example, if everyone's practising footwork together (like the video above with twizzles) it's pretty easy to avoid each other and you don't need much space or speed. Jumps - ok as long as you pay attention to when someone's setting up for one. Programme runthroughs - the skater with the music has right of way, though you can sneak in a cheeky jump or spin if you know their choreo well enough to avoid them for those few seconds. I think conflicts mainly arise when skaters don't watch out for others or move out of their way when required (it's also the coach's responsibility to teach them the rules). It's hard to tell from the available info but she seemed happy in the interviews/photos, so I guess ice etiquette must be alright where she is now.

But I agree with the above point, you were just concerned for her wellbeing :) Good to raise potential issues so that they can be discussed (calmly).

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Yes the Biellman is much improved I think.. wonder if they are working on her I-spin..

jvpiter

Rinkside
These spins are gorgeous 😍 I especially love the Biellman and the I-spin.

(Meanwhile, Elena Ilinykh chooses the first and second spins.)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I'm glad that Aliona has a female coach to support her. I wanted to comment on that when one of users here was talking about benefits of a male coaching staff, but at the time I thought my thoughts would come out negatively.
I personally think for girls going through puberty it's always good if not essential to have a female coach.
Certain things will be understandably uncomfortable to discuss with male coaches, especially for young girls, who are experiencing tons of physiological and psychological changes at this age. I think Lena will be able to support Aliona and Sasha in many ways, help them with advice and give some comfort.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I'm glad that Aliona has a female coach to support her. I wanted to comment on that when one of users here was talking about benefits of a male coaching staff, but at the time I thought my thoughts would come out negatively.
I personally think for girls going through puberty it's always good if not essential to have a female coach.
Certain things will be understandably uncomfortable to discuss with male coaches, especially for young girls, who are experiencing tons of physiological and psychological changes at this age. I think Lena will be able to support Aliona and Sasha in many ways, help them with advice and give some comfort.
I totally agree! I said this I think in Russian ladies' thread, but I couldn't explain it as you did. :)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Can anybody explain why the link isn't open? When the new site started I shared the link and we can see the video itself. Now I can't do that but I see other posters have no problem with it...
I think it might be the /? bit on the end of the URL, I always delete those numbers, the question mark and the /.

Here's some photos of Aliona during her SP at the Open Skates: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFZNUN3I77i

I have to say I'm not sold on the shorts over tights look, but that's a really nice top!

Edit: Interesting it din't work for me either! 😂 Oh well, if you click on the link you'll see the post.

littlesheep

Rinkside
I think it might be the /? bit on the end of the URL, I always delete those numbers, the question mark and the /.

Here's some photos of Aliona during her SP at the Open Skates: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFZNUN3I77i

I have to say I'm not sold on the shorts over tights look, but that's a really nice top!

Edit: Interesting it din't work for me either! 😂 Oh well, if you click on the link you'll see the post.

Capture.jpg

Guess you guys must have clicked the wrong option. You should use the option "Media" rather than "Insert link".

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Capture.jpg

Guess you guys must have clicked the wrong option. You should use the option "Media" rather than "Insert link".
I tried with that. But that wasn't good, too.. And some days ago I just shared the link and it opened.. No matter, because we can open the link with a click, but I don't understand..

Scott512

Record Breaker
Apology accepted! :) (Off topic: On a future note, I don't think we should jump at each other instantly, especially not at members of the group who have been posting for some time and have proven their love and support for Aliona. In my opinion even a fanfest should bear slight, appropriate and constructive criticism, because if I don't want to expose my favourite one to hate speech (which of course I would never want to), where shall I discuss if I don't like something about what they've done? (Or anything that is not much to my liking.) Labelling a simple question "shady" and "passive aggressive" made me really sad, because it never intended to be anything like that, on the contrary, seeing that footage where there were a lot of skaters together on the ice, especially kids - Aliona almost bumped into one of the older boys - might rightfully make us worried whether Aliona made the right decision to leave TT, at least in terms of one of the reasons she provided later. Of course, seeing Aliona happy now in her new team makes me happy, so no doubt I want to see her skate her best in the future. Finally, I think we should try to be as much tolerant and understanding to each other as to the subject of the fanfest. Sorry for the long off topic, but it's just been bothering me for days and wanted to speak my mind.)

Well said Patee.