2020 Cup of Russia: Stage I | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2020 Cup of Russia: Stage I

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Nope. Nope. Nope. Absolutely not. He didn’t bring it. Thankfully, he used a different music cut because he wouldn’t have been able to pull that off in a million years.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I am not familiar with this guy, is he normally successful? He left Volchkova in pain. When was the last time she had a decent skater? Korobeinikova?
You mean Egor’s coach? Viktoria Buzaeva. She’s got Yablokov, Samoilov and lorry loads of young talent at Moskvich.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Very happy with that result! But now my friends, I can’t wait for both the pairs competitions tomorrow....for so many different reasons!!!! 😍

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
No, definitely not. There are no any short forms for "Egor" in Russian - the name is short enough by itself. But there are some tender forms of this name. Егорушка (Yegorushka) for example. Or you can use informal and a bit childish Егорка (Yegorka).
thank you!

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
You mean Egor’s coach? Viktoria Buzaeva. She’s got Yablokov, Samoilov and lorry loads of young talent at Moskvich.
Thanks LadyB! I hope some of them will represent team Russia in future and make Viktoria proud.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
In hindsight, many skaters might regret not skating at stage one. I don't think medals will be as easy to come by at any other stage - and this goes for ladies, men, dance and pairs.

Amei

Record Breaker
Sorry if this has been asked and I've just missed the explanation - but what is the 'Bonus" that some skaters got and how does 1 earn it?

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Sorry if this has been asked and I've just missed the explanation - but what is the 'Bonus" that some skaters got and how does 1 earn it?
I think you get a one point bonus for spins if you achieve a GOE higher than 4 in Russian national events. It is to encourage skaters to also put some work into their spins and not just focus on the jumps.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Like CKL said, there seems to be B if you get GOE 4-5 on your spins. I remember last season Nugumanova got B on her spins in the free, but not in the short although she got GOE 4-5. But as it turns out, the spins in the short were only level 3.

I checked Shcherbakova two seasons ago at Russian Cup, and she got two B for her spins in the short there as well. And one B for a spin in the long, but she also got two Bs for her two 4Lzs although they only received -1 and +1 GOE. So there seems to be more to it than just spins.

Last edited:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Viktoria Butsaeva (nee Volchkova)? Yeah she's got many boys in her group now, but most seem to be mid-tier... Several recently moved to her from CSKA or Sambo-70 after stagnating in their previous environments (e.g. Samoilov and now Erokhov), although Yablokov and Murashov started out with her. Not knocking her skills as a coach, I just get the impression that she doesn't have premium material to work with unlike, say, Tutberidze who attracts top girls. Maybe if her students have a major breakthrough one day, things might change.

Interestingly Volchkova and Dudakov were both students of Viktor Kudriavtsev... I can't see any resemblance between their students' techniques though!

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Damn, I thought for a moment someone actually skated to that song and now i´m so disappointed because that would have been awesome. Nightwish version of Walking in the Air would be nice too.
Oh no, haha, I just couldn't take another mediocre Bloodstream and decided to spice up my mute. I'm sorry to have disappointed you, it really would've been awesome.