Jason Brown | Page 799 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I've long wanted to see Jason skate to something balletic to show off his dance ability but Slaughter on 10th Avenue never crossed my mind. I'm loving the choice!

Here's the Gene Kelly and Vera Ellen version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaAiKkmjp3c&ab_channel=AW720

George Balanchine has also choreographed a ballet to the music but there's not a full version on youtube.

Sylvia on FSU thinks Jason may be debuting them tomorrow for the International Selection Pool Points Challenge:

Link to ISP Points Challenge Info

Dpbthomas1

On the Ice
I really don’t like either song. Just hate the FS music. I usually love his SP songs. I tried listening to the entire FS piece, but couldn’t make nyself finish.
The skating will be great, but disappointed. On theory’s side - get the questionable music choices out of the way now and not next year.

Dpbthomas1

On the Ice
I really don’t like either song. Just hate the FS music. I usually love his SP songs. I tried listening to the entire FS piece, but couldn’t make nyself finish.
The skating will be great, but disappointed. On theory’s side - get the questionable music choices out of the way now and not next year.
Auto correct- ugh
On theory’s side = on the plus side
And to clarify, only disappointed in the music. Not Jason! Not his skating! Can’t wait to see the rest of the programs.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I see a lot of potential for FP, quite excited about it!!!! TBH I had no idea what "Slaughter on 10th Ave.", I had to google it. really an intriguing choice, totally unexpected but unlike S&G it's quirky, out of the box and lots of rooms for dramatic moments, I am quite excited!
I must say I am a little disappointed about SP, I was so hoping it would be Melancholy, I thought it was perfecter than perfect :cry: I really hope we can see it again in some occasions. It will take some time but I am sure I will learn to appreciate the new SP, after all it's Rohene's creation - he has my 200% trust! :cool:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
FP
Slaughter on 10th Avenue
Musical score: Richard Rogers & New York Philharmonic
Choreography: David Wilson

SP:
Sinnerman
@NinaSimoneMusic
Choreo: Rohene Ward
I adore Slaughter, but Sinnerman sure isn't Melancholy! That clip was scary! I reserve judgement until we see the final product. But Ro is definitely going for it with that music.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm not sure about the SP music either, but if you want to see someone skating to it, Moa Iwano used it for the 2nd half of her SP last season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzxCKfXlfHg
Starts around 2:50.
Interesting! Jason will make it his own, I'm sure. The tempo of both those clips made me wonder if the strategy this year is to get Jason going so fast, he doesn't have time to overthink his quad.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I've long wanted to see Jason skate to something balletic to show off his dance ability but Slaughter on 10th Avenue never crossed my mind. I'm loving the choice!

Here's the Gene Kelly and Vera Ellen version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaAiKkmjp3c&ab_channel=AW720

George Balanchine has also choreographed a ballet to the music but there's not a full version on youtube.

Sylvia on FSU thinks Jason may be debuting them tomorrow for the International Selection Pool Points Challenge:

Link to ISP Points Challenge Info
Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely watch that! The Balanchine version is fantastic. I've seen it (not the original cast but later) and it's phenomenal. The music is great. Jason can wear black. I love Jason in all black.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Auto correct- ugh
And to clarify, only disappointed in the music. Not Jason! Not his skating! Can’t wait to see the rest of the programs.
You might grow to like Slaughter once you see it will full choreo. It's actually a very seductive piece. I cringed at the vocal on the SP piece. I'll have to see how it works in performance. I am intrigued. I love that they never play it safe.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Since Ro himself commented that it's one of their greatest collabs, I'm jumping in with both feet and predicting that I'll love this! :LOL:
That's exciting! That snippet was too short to judge. The skating was awesome, the music was a bit jarring. All together, it may work very well. It's different!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely watch that! The Balanchine version is fantastic. I've seen it (not the original cast but later) and it's phenomenal. The music is great. Jason can wear black. I love Jason in all black.
I recall seeing Balanchine’s Slaughter on TV back in the 1960’s with Suzanne Farrell and Arthur Mitchell .. the interracial dancers caused quite a stir. Arthur Mitchell was a wonderful dancer - as was Suzanne Farrell. In her autobiographical film, The Elusive Muse, Mr. Mitchell offered amusing insights as they were training to dance their roles; he said Suzanne was a great ballerina but was used to more ethereal roles so he got her to loosen up a bit and “work it” for her role as a lady of the night!
He also said Balanchine was always always supportive of him as a dancer and artist. As for the music, I believe there are lovely cello passages there.. wonder if this finds its way into Jason’s FS. Really really looking forward to this!!

Ross74

Medalist

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Auto correct- ugh
Thank you for joining us, @Dpbthomas1 ! Post long and post often.

I'm sure you will come to like the music. Jason has a way of doing that with almost every program;)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
More social media commentary on Jason's programs:

Jackie Wong on Twitter: "Quick reaction time: With the prerequisite that I generally really like his free skates too, I have come to the conclusion that Jason Brown is really a master of short programs. @ me"

Jordan from OnIce Perspectives said in the IG comments to the SP, "Oh we’re shooting this and I already know how 😉"

Jordan needs to get himself back into Canada, pronto(y)