Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko | Page 37 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko

readernick

Medalist
This is all much ado about nothing. It is normal for top skaters to have their own individualized coaching teams. It is all also wise to keep them separate to avoid conflict. I think Sasha showed improvement at test skates. Her family wants her to be a factor in Beijing. She will stay with the coaching team that seems to be helping her succeed/ improve. Plus, I have to agree with the above poster.. she is now working with an even more handsome younger coach. That must make her happy. 😜

ali0125

On the Ice
Country
Australia
Well I think it was so noticeable that Rozanov wasn't at the boards at test skates for Trusova's programs when he choreographed both of them, and that Trusova credited him with helping her with her quads and now she's not even training with him. Seems strange and thus the rumors and speculation.
I think it's just not practical that Rozanov trains two top skaters at same time in different rinks - they've tried in the beginning (according to some interview back to Aug) and it may not work that way. Nothing too emotional, maybe.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Well, Rozanov is nice looking too, and Ilinykh :LOL: These coaching arrangements mean more eye candy in the KnC, so all's good :p

On the topic of coach ogling, I am also fond of Dudakov, he reminds me of a plushy himself (the soft fluffy kind without a bionic spine)...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
The rumours started because of this https://rsport.ria.ru/20200921/tutberidze-1577555931.html via google translater

Laishev, the owner of Sambo

""Neither Kostornaya, nor Trusova have any antagonism to Sambo-70. This is the most important thing. My task as a school leader is to try, maybe, to do something unusual and return everyone," Layshev noted. "Where did Trusova go? She studied in our school, the teachers loved her, the children from school loved her, she is a conscientious person. It's too early to change her life drastically. Her dad is a Ryazan sambist, we know him very well. Why would he get in where he doesn't need to?"
“But at the same time, you can't push them,” said the agency's interlocutor. “But you need to make it clear that your whole life is ahead, you don't have to rush to make some (hasty) conclusions. Moreover, we have a brilliant person at school, with whom we are all lucky. This is Eteri Tutberidze. It's hard, difficult, learn from her, get a foundation that she can lay in you. Do not rush to jump left or right, so that later in life you will not bite your elbows. a functionary, but a teacher ".

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The rumours started because of this https://rsport.ria.ru/20200921/tutberidze-1577555931.html via google translater

Laishev, the owner of Sambo
Well this chap can kindly mind his own business.

I have to say I've already grown attached to Sasha and the Academy working together and I'd hate to see her go. She seems happy there.

It is after all Russian figure skating, not Sambo 70 figure skating. Be happy with what you've got Mr Laishev!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
My task as a school leader is to try, maybe, to do something unusual and return everyone
Doubt that's in the job description for most figure skating club directors :rolleyes:
I wonder if some influential people within the Russian Fed (probably the ones who were noisy about 'contracts') might unite with Laishev to pressure the two girls to return, but then again Plushy's faction has political power too :unsure: Whatever infighting there might be, the number 1 objective that everyone agrees on is competitive success. So I guess it depends how things pan out at Nationals and maybe Worlds if we have one...

Arbitrary

Medalist
Doubt that's in the job description for most figure skating club directors :rolleyes:
I wonder if some influential people within the Russian Fed (probably the ones who were noisy about 'contracts') might unite with Laishev to pressure the two girls to return, but then again Plushy's faction has political power too :unsure: Whatever infighting there might be, the number 1 objective that everyone agrees on is competitive success. So I guess it depends how things pan out at Nationals and maybe Worlds if we have one...

I see KOS may decide to return to the TT as soon as MED proves her inability to skate at the required level.

I don't see the same for TRU as she herself already proved her own inability.
TRU peaked on would-be-WC-2020 pre-skates when she skated her best, launched all five dragons and never fell on ice. Probably for the 1st time and likely for the last time ever.
As she gained 8-10 cm after only few months the Court'd signed the Warrant.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Well, Rozanov is nice looking too, and Ilinykh :LOL: These coaching arrangements mean more eye candy in the KnC, so all's good :p

On the topic of coach ogling, I am also fond of Dudakov, he reminds me of a plushy himself (the soft fluffy kind without a bionic spine)...
Dudakov is definitely one of the friendliest coaches. He's not arrogant, he seems to care about the girls and he is willing to talk to other coaches / skaters at competitions.

In terms of the rest of this discussion, I feel it is beyond pathetic. Everybody is making up their own fantasies and trying to find all possible non-evidence to justify it

readernick

Medalist
This is all much ado about nothing. It is normal for top skaters to have their own individualized coaching teams. It is all also wise to keep them separate to avoid conflict. I think Sasha showed improvement at test skates. Her family wants her to be a factor in Beijing. She will stay with the coaching team that seems to be helping her succeed/ improve. Plus, I have to agree with the above poster.. she is now working with an even more handsome younger coach. That must make her happy.

Dudakov is definitely one of the friendliest coaches. He's not arrogant, he seems to care about the girls and he is willing to talk to other coaches / skaters at competitions.

In terms of the rest of this discussion, I feel it is beyond pathetic. Everybody is making up their own fantasies and trying to find all possible non-evidence to justify it
His lack of arrogance is very rare among coaches in Russia. It makes him quite endearing, in addition to his tough but kind coaching style.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Fried

Final Flight
I saw this before, interesting indeed! I feel like Sasha's landing position looks better now, like she's not so pitched forward. It looks nicer :) not sure it adds anything to GOE, but whatever.
Yes, I see the same way. It can of course also be a coincidence. I don't know if I'm just imagining it, but I think it all seems somehow less strained, somehow so easy. The height seems even crazier, but that's probably because of the perspective. Anyway, considering the really bad circumstances and the long time off the ice, I am insanely impressed. Under these circumstances, deterioration, not improvement, was actually expected.