2020 Ice Star | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2020 Ice Star

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
This is confusing I'm sure I heard someone mentioned in this thread that as they're representating Cyprus and Israel they're not officially in the competition.

Why they've been put in a separate group I don't know. Could it be Corona virus related?
why wouldn't they be officially in competition? this is not a national championship, is a regular internationl competition, or it isn't?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
the walk down memory lane continues...Sleeping Sun by Nightwish, what's going on? somebody stole my teen age playlist?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
why wouldn't they be officially in competition? this is not a national championship, is a regular internationl competition, or it isn't?
Well, the Iushchenkova sisters have just changed Fed to Israel, haven't they? Isn't there some rule that says you can't compete for a year when you change Feds?
Don't know the status about Zingas though.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's always awkward when the coach comes over to the KnC and then just leaves, I know why they do (they've got another skater on the ice), but it's a bit weird!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wonder what happens if Viktoria has an amazing skate and gets 3rd?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
is there anything planned for this week end? 4th stage of russian cup? oh right! Cup of China

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gaah!!!! Ministry stream died on me during Sofia!!!! (The perils of playing catch-up. Once the stream gets switched off, it gets switched off for everybody).

Thankfully, the Fed stream was still available.

Sofya's costume is wrong on so many levels :LOL:

When she gets back home, I'm going to have to have a talk with my newest wife. Because I didn't like either music or costume.

Well, I liked the music used in the middle. But, I didn't like the first piece of music. And that cover of "Manah Manah" at the end was brutal! :eek:

As for the costume, Sofia is a beautiful girl, but those bottoms were not flattering to her at all. And the bra top thingy would have looked better if it had extended an inch or so lower. But it was those black strips that went between the top and the bottoms that were the thing that were getting to me the most.

But, she continued the theme of half back / half white costumes! Except, she was horizontal whereas the others were vertical.

Hated seeing her so disappointed afterwards. I just wanted to go and give her a big hug! :ghug:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This is confusing I'm sure I heard someone mentioned in this thread that as they're representating Cyprus and Israel they're not officially in the competition.

Why they've been put in a separate group I don't know. Could it be Corona virus related?

Funny you should say that, because when I left for my dinner, I told my Mum that Emilia and a set of sisters had withdrawn. And I was saying that I was surprised, because Viktoria was in a right and high position. And the first thing she said was "I wonder if they have had to leave early so as to make sure they get back to their home countries in time before new travel restrictions come into force".

Of course, we now know that this is not the case, because they didn't withdraw. They were just held back to the end of the competition.

Well, the Iushchenkova sisters have just changed Fed to Israel, haven't they? Isn't there some rule that says you can't compete for a year when you change Feds? Don't know the status about Zingas though.

Zingas was still skating for America this time last season. However, she had never competed outside America until the Budapest Trophy a couple of weeks ago. So, in theory, she shouldn't be under an embargo. Unless the USFS has started playing silly beggers with her, like they are with Pfund / Santillan in Pairs.

She was good! I liked the choreography but it got a little to Gracie Gold for my taste sometimes.

Mmmm. Interesting that you say that. Because it is Ashley Wagner that I think of when I watch that programme.

Either way, Emilea skated well. But, I still don't like the music.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, I'm getting a sore head trying to remember which of these sisters is which from yesterday. :drama:

(Imagine what it would be like if all 4 of them were in the same competition... :eek: )

I think it is this way around:

• I liked Viktoria's SP (Avril Lavigne), but didn't like her FS ("Italian cheeze music", according to @Jontor ).

• I didn't like Alina's SP ("Scarborough Fair"), but did like her FS (what is the song, @elektra blue ?)

to properly steal my 20 years ago playlist the second Yushenkova should have skated to Evanescence :LOL:

YES!!! Totally agree!!!

But, I still want "Sk8er Boi" to make an appearance.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am coming to seriously dislike Bolero, but I am happy to see Safonova win. I liked her in the last year competitions.

other than that, aww, about Sofia Samodurova... I hope she has a better cup stage 4!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Oh, I'm getting a sore head trying to remember which of these sisters is which from yesterday. :drama:

(Imagine what it would be like if all 4 of them were in the same competition... :eek: )

I think it is this way around:

• I liked Viktoria's SP (Avril Lavigne), but didn't like her FS ("Italian cheeze music", according to @Jontor ).

• I didn't like Alina's SP ("Scarborough Fair"), but did like her FS (what is the song, @elektra blue ?)

YES!!! Totally agree!!!

But, I still want "Sk8er Boi" to make an appearance.

CaroLiza_fan
Sleeping Sun by Nightwish