Nathan Chen | Page 957 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

sheetz

Record Breaker
No problem! It was a pleasure. Also, if anyone from Nathan's FF would like me to add more videos to his Media profile, like interviews or features or even skates that I missed, please don't hesitate to contact me via PM and I'll help adding them :pray: 😄
There are many other show performances, interviews, and promotional videos that aren't there but I'm too lazy to look them up. :p

Latest punny IG update.

Preview of his IFS magazine interview

Nathan in next year's Friends of Figure Skating calendar

Nathan mentioned as one of Petr Gumennik's favorite skaters.

rabidline

Final Flight
There are many other show performances, interviews, and promotional videos that aren't there but I'm too lazy to look them up. :p

Latest punny IG update.

Preview of his IFS magazine interview

Nathan in next year's Friends of Figure Skating calendar

Nathan mentioned as one of Petr Gumennik's favorite skaters.

Youtube and Dailymotion links only please, as those are the only links that can go to the media page 😊 :pray:

sheetz

Record Breaker
Happy New Year/NYE to everyone! Once again it's time to countdown Nathan's Instagram Top 9 for the past year.

9. Bruin Moonlighting
8. Smelling the Westwood Blooms
7. Renegade
6. Useful Training
5. Making Connections
4. Lost in OC
3. Memories of Ingalls
2. Royal Photobomb
1. Living in the Land Down Under

USFS 2020 Year in Review

sheetz

Record Breaker
Nathan shares his #onegoodthing from this past year.

Latest IFS Magazine with Nathan's interview is now available from Amazon. I got the Kindle version and although it didn't contain a whole lot of new info it was a fairly long article and worth reading.

alexaa

Final Flight
It seemed that Nathan is quite popular among young Russian skaters, with quite several citing him as idol or favorite skater."

Andrei Mozalev
Andreai said Nathan is his idol, he is most impressed by:
"Chen is cool with his jumping technique, his artistry."
Фигурист Андрей Мозалев - интервью о четверных, книгах, Нейтане Чене (sport24.ru)

Vladimir Litvintsev
about Nathan: Of course Chen inspires me with his jumps and the kind of person he is. He is my idol − two time world champion, studying to be a neurosurgeon (not yet true!) the best jumper − it’s unreal!
He is some kind of a genius. It’s a kind of mentality. An example for a lot of people and for me as well.

Petr Gumennik
very beginning of this video, wait for the translation after he talked.

Sasha Trusova:
https://twitter.com/sashkatrusova/status/1339306611769303045?s=20

Kamila Valieva:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1e_Lp2HXiE/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Yuma Kagiyama (again, interview after NHK)
Yuma talked about his desire to be all around skater, and achieve what Nathan is doing. Yuma specifically mentioned Nathan's spins, steps and expressiveness, and his desire to be all around like Nathan is.

2020NHK杯 鍵山選手インタビュー | KOSE SPORTS BEAUTY NEWS Powered by Ameba (ameblo.jp)

Last edited by a moderator:

sheetz

Record Breaker
Nathan up for USSA Male Athlete of the Year.

Vote

1111bm

Final Flight
"It (the free) is basically the same with small modifications here and there. I tried to expand time in the choreo section of the program but it is so technically loaded right now that it is hard for me to steal some time before a certain element just because I need a certain amount of time to prep for a Salchow or a certain amount of time to prep for a toe. We have been trying to reorganize the program so I have a little more time for the choreo step, but beyond that the programs are generally the same."

Aw, he should've just asked, I can reorganise it for him, easy! 😄

4F+3T
3Lo 3A
3Lz (4Lz in case of a 5 quad program)
4S
------
4T+1Eu+3F
4T+3T
3A 3Lo (3Lz in case of a 5 quad program)

(the triples can be re-arranged in a different order, but I would put the 3A in the first half;
and of course I have no idea which quads exactly he'll be going for in a 4 quad program, so maybe exchange 4S with 4Lz or whatever, he himself is not even sure yet if we are to believe his words ;))

He would need less time for an easy triple as his last jumping pass, compared to setting up a 3A (or another quad), so he could tack it on in quick succession, the way he did with his last jumping pass in his later MLD versions, leaving more time for the choreo sequence.
And if it's too tiring to do it quickly after a quad combo, add the +3T onto the last triple instead of the 4T.

(As for the shallow, since his hair has gotten so long again, kinda worried now that he'll go for a slick back Antonio Banderas look in his short 😰 please no! 😬)

Last edited: