USFS and NBC Sports Announce Broadcast Schedule for 2021 U.S. Nationals | Golden Skate

USFS and NBC Sports Announce Broadcast Schedule for 2021 U.S. Nationals

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

U.S. Figure Skating and NBC Sports Announce Broadcast Schedule for 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships
Coverage Features 20+ Hours of Coverage Across NBC Sports Platforms During Month of January

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado and STAMFORD, Connecticut (Dec. 15, 2020) - NBC Sports and U.S. Figure Skating announced today the broadcast schedule for the 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships, featuring more than 30 hours of coverage during the month of January.

Coverage will kick off with the live broadcast of the 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships, which begins on NBCSN on Thursday, Jan. 14 (6-8 p.m.; 10 p.m. - midnight ET) with the pairs and ladies’ short programs. On Friday, Jan. 15, the rhythm dance will be televised live on NBCSN (4-6 p.m. ET), and the ladies free skate will air live on NBC (8-11 p.m. ET). On Saturday, Jan. 16, the men’s short program will be broadcast live on NBC (4-6 p.m. ET), and the free dance and pairs free skate will be live on NBCSN (9 p.m. – midnight ET). Live U.S. Championships coverage will conclude on Sunday, Jan. 17 on NBC with the men’s free skate (3:30-6 p.m. ET).

The Skating Spectacular will air on NBC from 4-6 p.m. ET on Saturday, Feb. 20. Additionally, a U.S. Figure Skating “Best-Of” show will air on Sunday, Jan. 31 on NBC from Noon-2 p.m. ET. The 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships competitions, including every skater in every discipline, can be streamed live and on-demand on NBCUniversal’s digital streaming platform Peacock Premium. In addition to coverage of the Championships, the 2021 U.S. Figure Skating Championship Series presented by Toyota will debut on Peacock on Dec. 22. The competition, which will be conducted virtually, enables junior and senior athletes from across the country to qualify for the U.S. Championships.

A coverage schedule detailing further coverage of ISU Championships events will be available later this spring.

In total for the 2020-21 season, NBC Sports will present nearly 100 hours of figure skating coverage on TV, with 30+ hours on NBC and 40+ hours on NBCSN. In addition, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA will present original programming plus encores of NBC and NBCSN’s figure skating coverage of several events. In addition to the Grand Prix Series, coverage will showcase the 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships and the ISU World Figure Skating Championships. Every performance from these competitions, and more, is available live and on-demand on Peacock Premium.

A full schedule of figure skating coverage is listed below.

Coverage on NBC and NBCSN is live streamed on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app. Coverage on Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA is available on OlympicChannel.com, the Olympic Channel app, NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app.

NBC Sports and U.S. Figure Skating are in the third year of a long-term media rights agreement that runs through the conclusion of the 2025-26 season.

2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships
All times Eastern. Check local listing. Subject to change.
Thurs., Jan. 14 | Pairs Short | 6 – 8 p.m. | NBCSN (Live)
Thurs., Jan. 14 | Ladies Short | 10 p.m. – Midnight | NBCSN (Live)
Fri., Jan. 15 | Rhythm Dance | 4 – 6 p.m. | NBCSN (Live)
Fri., Jan. 15 | Ladies Free | 8 – 11 p.m. | NBC (Live)
Sat., Jan. 16 | Men’s Short | 4 – 6 p.m. | NBC (Live)**
Sat., Jan. 16 | Free Dance / Pairs Free | 9 p.m. – Midnight | NBCSN (Live)
Sun, Jan. 17 | Men’s Free | 3:30 – 6 p.m. | NBC (Live)**
Sun., Jan. 24 | Free Dance | 5 – 6 p.m. | NBC
Sun., Jan. 31 | U.S. Championships – Best Of | 12 – 2 p.m. | NBC
Sat, Feb. 20 | U.S. Championships Skating Spectacular | 4 – 6 p.m. | NBC

**The men’s short program and free skate programming details are subject to change, dependent on NFL programming schedules.

-U.S. Figure Skating-
U.S. Figure Skating is the national governing body for the sport of figure skating in the United States as recognized by the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee and the International Skating Union. U.S. Figure Skating is comprised of more than 601 member clubs, collegiate clubs, school-affiliated clubs and more than 1,000 registered Learn to Skate USA programs representing more than 186,038 members. U.S. Figure Skating is charged with the development of the sport on all levels within the United States including athletes, officials, sanctioning of events and exhibitions, and establishing the rules and guidelines by which the sport is governed.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Will everything be on Peacock?

I assume that yes, with live (NBC/NBCSN) isn't always completely, with the junior events most likely. They just haven't officially announced it yet, but that's how it will probably be based on previous years.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... The 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships competitions, including every skater in every discipline, can be streamed live and on-demand on NBCUniversal’s digital streaming platform Peacock Premium. ...

Will everything be on Peacock?

I assume that yes, with live (NBC/NBCSN) isn't always completely, with the junior events most likely. They just haven't officially announced it yet, but that's how it will probably be based on previous years.

Today's USFS press release in the OP already spells out that everything from Nats will be on Peacock.

... In addition to coverage of the Championships, the 2021 U.S. Figure Skating Championship Series presented by Toyota will debut on Peacock on Dec. 22. The competition, which will be conducted virtually, enables junior and senior athletes from across the country to qualify for the U.S. Championships. ...

And ICYMI, the virtual Championship Series (which will determine qualification to Nats for some seniors and for all juniors) also will be on Peacock.

DC2003

Rinkside
Does anyone know where the Men's Final will air? My cable guide (Fios) shows other events airing on both NBC and NBCSN at that time. It is footnoted that football playoffs may air instead on NBC, but I cannot find an alternative channel and/or date/time.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Does anyone know where the Men's Final will air? My cable guide (Fios) shows other events airing on both NBC and NBCSN at that time. It is footnoted that football playoffs may air instead on NBC, but I cannot find an alternative channel and/or date/time.
I don't think they've announced anything yet, but I'm sure we'll know soon.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

I hope that live coverage of Senior Men's FS still will be televised on another channel.

In any case, FYI re replays:

Replays of the Senior Men's FS (as well as all other Senior segments) will air on the Olympic Channel.

To see the replay schedule, scroll down at this link:

Three replays of Senior Men's FS are scheduled.
One on Fri Jan 22, and two on Sat Jan 23.​

ETA (on Feb 4):

Belatedly adding for posterity:
In the end, live coverage of both the Senior Men's SP and FS remained on NBC broadcast network. In both cases, live coverage was not moved to a different channel (within the NBC family).​

Last edited:

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Is there a practice schedule for Peacock?
I was able to find practices on Peacock starting Wednesday, but it was difficult. Had to just keep scrolling through Sports until I found them. No searches worked with key words of Skating, Ice Skating, Figure Skating, US Nationals or even Toyota. Quite bizarre.

Tahuu

On the Ice
I was able to find practices on Peacock starting Wednesday, but it was difficult. Had to just keep scrolling through Sports until I found them. No searches worked with key words of Skating, Ice Skating, Figure Skating, US Nationals or even Toyota. Quite bizarre.

On Peacock website or Peacock app on smart TV:

1. Click on “Sports”
2. Scroll down to “Figure Skating”
3. Wipe left or right to find and select “View All”
4. Bookmark it you’ll have all peacock skating streams and videos handy.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Look at what is going on with the Pairs Free Skate and the Free Dance.

COMPETITION SCHEDULE
All times Eastern. Subject to change.
Championship Events:
Thurs., Jan. 14 | Pairs Short Program | 5:58 p.m.
Thurs., Jan. 14 | Ladies Short Program | 9:12 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 15 | Rhythm Dance | 3:58 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 15 | Ladies Free Skate | 7:52 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Men's Short Program | 3:11 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Pairs Free Skate (First Group) | 7:01 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Free Dance (First Group) | 7:58 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Pairs Free Skate (Final Group) | 8:55 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Free Dance (Final Group) | 10:28 p.m.
Sun., Jan. 17 | Men's Free Skate | 2:51 p.m.

dancelion21

On the Ice
Have you guys been able to find the event for today's practices? On Peacock, I've only found the events for tomorrow and Thursday's practice sessions, but not todays.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Have you guys been able to find the event for today's practices? On Peacock, I've only found the events for tomorrow and Thursday's practice sessions, but not todays.

Today was an unofficial practice only. It looks like they're only broadcasting the official practices.

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Look at what is going on with the Pairs Free Skate and the Free Dance.

COMPETITION SCHEDULE
All times Eastern. Subject to change.
Championship Events:
Thurs., Jan. 14 | Pairs Short Program | 5:58 p.m.
Thurs., Jan. 14 | Ladies Short Program | 9:12 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 15 | Rhythm Dance | 3:58 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 15 | Ladies Free Skate | 7:52 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Men's Short Program | 3:11 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Pairs Free Skate (First Group) | 7:01 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Free Dance (First Group) | 7:58 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Pairs Free Skate (Final Group) | 8:55 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Free Dance (Final Group) | 10:28 p.m.
Sun., Jan. 17 | Men's Free Skate | 2:51 p.m.
So after looking at the NBC and NBCSN schedule at the top this means they are only broadcasting the final Pairs and Dance groups, live, on Saturday. We'll have to go to Peacock (presumably) to see the first groups. Ah, just like the old days when all you had was broadcast and all they showed was the last flight of skaters!

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I guess since ec
Confused about what, exactly?
USFS sent me an email referring to a broadcast schedule which included today’s practices. It didn’t indicate official or unofficial. I’m not sure what keeps them from sticking up a camera. We can’t even get practice reports from people who are there because there’s no one there including commentators. But saying “this is the broadcast schedule” would lead me to believe “all this stuff is going to be broadcast.” So confusion.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Last edited:

Icey

Record Breaker
The NBCSN live stream I watched tonight was ridiculous: a skater's performance was interrupted too often with a few seconds or more of a performance that had already taken place or other material. Finally, just quit watching. Any guess as to how this could happen?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The NBCSN live stream I watched tonight was ridiculous: a skater's performance was interrupted too often with a few seconds or more of a performance that had already taken place or other material. Finally, just quit watching. Any guess as to how this could happen?

If you're talking about completely legal live streaming of NBCSN within the U.S., then I do not have any guess. :(

If you're talking about anything else, then ...