Alexandra Trusova | Page 172 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
so Sasha will be battling Liza alyona Kamila Maya and Dasha. 5 girls for 2 spots.
You forgot about Aliona too...if she gets her 3A back and Kamila continues her upward trend...

Maybe Sasha should focus on 2026 more? I mean it's risky and all, but think about it...quads should (probably) be allowed in SP, she could focus on upping the choreo content and all that. Quietly getting stronger and stronger in the background rather than busting a gut trying to change the narrative from "One-note jumping bean" in one season?

Scott512

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Sasha!

I actually forced myself to watch her skate after waking up early - not that I don't love her skating, but I was so nervous!

I was so amazed by her trying the 5 quads! But I was pretty sure she wouldn't make the podium and it was like 6am Aussie time and I was tired so went back to sleep.

I just woke up and I see she not only won the free she won bronze!

That's incredible! Is that the biggest comeback in figure skating history?!

I hope Sasha is happy and super proud of herself!

And when she gets home her brothers hold a big party for her ☺️
I'm not the greatest figure skating expert but I've been watching it for many years and I've never seen anyone in any discipline go from 12th to 3rd. It's mind blowing and she even could have gone from 12th to 2nd with perhaps one fewer mistake.

I too hope sasha is proud. but she's a fierce competitor like a lioness and she's probably angry about a couple mistakes that were costly especially in the SP. That's really where she lost the gold.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Whatever comes for her, I am pretty sure she will fight, and she has an arsenal to do it. In their turn, these girls need to beat her, and no longer only nationally, once GP resumes. Trusova will always be holding the banner of athletic prowess...

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My thoughts are all over the place actually with Sasha...

Like on the one hand I do actually love her jumps a lot, I found her FS this year really exciting.

On the other I'm too affected by others opinions...there's a lot of complaining about Sasha's score. It's not like hating on her or anything, but it's clear if she had won a lot of people wouldn't like it. And because I like her a lot it makes me sad to think people would be full on appalled at Sasha winning. It kind of sours things for me.

I totally picked the wrong sport to fan didn't I? 😅

Magill

Record Breaker
It's not really a joke. I think Mishin's skaters have shown a lot of mental fortitude in delivering in high pressure situations (Liza, also Plushenko himself back in the day). Maybe he could share some useful advice with Sasha.
Yeah, but I think Plushenko would know all the Mishin tricks, wouldn't he? And Sasha is a competitor to Mishin girls, isn't she? Although I do not think their rivalry is hostile at all, it is still there. I don't know. Do they use sport psychologist in Russia at all?

Magill

Record Breaker

Like on the one hand I do actually love her jumps a lot, I found her FS this year really exciting.

On the other I'm too affected by others opinions...there's a lot of complaining about Sasha's score. It's not like hating on her or anything, but it's clear if she had won a lot of people wouldn't like it. And because I like her a lot it makes me sad to think people would be full on appalled at Sasha winning. It kind of sours things for me.

Yeah. Anna won. Many people don't like it. So what? Do you think she cares? I don't think so.
Moreover, some people don't like Sasha's scores but approve those of Anna while some others do quite the other way round. It happens and it will happen all the time. Just don't be bothered. ;)

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Have you considered the possibility that there might be something wrong with the people who dislike Sasha and don't want her to win, rather than with your sport choices?
Sometimes I do, but then I doubt myself...🤔

I'm easily suggestible I think! It's not hard for me to start questioning my opinions.

But on topic! What should Sasha do program-wise next season? Should she keep a lyrical SP? Or should she go all hard rock? Someone suggested Rach #2 for her, I think she could nail that bit...you know the bit - Ashley and Tim cut it out in their FS (or their choreographer did, why?)

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Yeah, but I think Plushenko would know all the Mishin tricks, wouldn't he? And Sasha is a competitor to Mishin girls, isn't she? Although I do not think their rivalry is hostile at all, it is still there. I don't know. Do they use sport psychologist in Russia at all?
He was a receiver of Mishin tricks but it doesn't necessarily mean he is a giver of them. I noticed when Plushenko attends competitions his demeanour is quite different from Mishin - more nervous, more expressive. Mishin seems calmer (outwardly at least), which I think some skaters might find more reassuring.

Magill

Record Breaker
He was a receiver of Mishin tricks but it doesn't necessarily mean he is a giver of them. I noticed when Plushenko attends competitions his demeanour is quite different from Mishin - more nervous, more expressive. Mishin seems calmer (outwardly at least), which I think some skaters might find more reassuring.
Correct. :)
Still I think in the end of the day it is the overall relationship that really matters most. It is like with everyday life - when you know someone really well, your response to their behaviour is different than to a stranger's behaviour. We just see them in K&C while I guess it is hours and hours of everyday work that really matter most.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
But on topic! What should Sasha do program-wise next season? Should she keep a lyrical SP? Or should she go all hard rock? Someone suggested Rach #2 for her, I think she could nail that bit...you know the bit - Ashley and Tim cut it out in their FS (or their choreographer did, why?)
I would love a LOTR long programme for her (original Howard Shore soundtrack please). Eowyn the shield-maiden of Rohan!

I also agree that classical (as opposed to lyrical) would be a good challenge, but also something she can pull off. A majestic Romantic-era Russian composer like Rachmaninov or Tchaikovsky would be a great Olympic season choice. If Rachmaninov, please not Concerto 2, it's too overused - Concerto 3, Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini, Cello sonata in G minor are all recognisable but not obscure alternatives. Tchaikovsky's Valse Sentimentale would be a nice throwback to Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze. There's also Glinka, Borodin, Khachaturian...

As for SP, rock would be nice because none of the other ladies are going to give it to us... How about something fun like Money by Pink Floyd? Or the go-to band for skating, Muse - avoid Exogenesis at all costs, but maybe pick one of their more energetic songs like Stockholm Syndrome (ha!) I think soft metal in the vein of Kazakova/Reviya's Linkin Park programme might be good too.

Further out of her comfort zone but still doable, would be Flamenco (or Tango as mentioned above), or maybe Russian folk dance. If she can handle it, a hip hop programme would also really stand out (yes, I'm still obsessed with Selevko's SP from yesterday...). I'd recommend these as SPs to showcase range and performance, but a more comfortable genre for her LP to give her room to focus on jumps.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Don't let it affect you. People have their favorites most people like Sashs some people don't. Probably the same with Anna Aliona and Liza and Zhenya etc. None of them of course deserve any hate or disdain thrown their way.

Next season the olympic season is going to be mind blowing so hold on to your hat moose.

I think going from 12 to 3rd today made Sashs and plushy feel better and give them a lot of hope for next season. I have said for years that you can't win a major title in the short program but you can lose it there. This world championship waz proof of that.

Now sasha and all skaters get to heal up and have some kind of a normal off season I hope.

Country
Russia
From Rus Nationals back stage... :)
ac418e8e4441.jpg

happycamper2554

On the Ice
No question about it sasha is a workaholic. She will go to the ends of the Earth to win and be spectacular and make a statement. I think she can get a triple axel but if it can't become reliable certainly leave it out of the SP by nationals. If she gets a 64 in the SP at nationals the fed won't be happy.. Anna is pretty much a lock for the Olympics unless something on foreseen happens so Sasha will be battling Liza alyona Kamila Maya and Dasha. 5 girls for 2 spots. If Sasha plays her cards right I think she gets one of those valuable Olympic spots.
I don't think Anna is a lock. Those quads are a struggle. I think she will hit the eteri edge of 17 curse just in time for the Olympics

Country
Russia
It seems that Sasha is struggling to find some balance between her SP and FP. I guess 3A in SP was out in order to have a strong clean skate and not to risk too much in Free. But then the mistake ruined all plans and made her go all in in FP. And on top of all that there is also a psychological aspect. She seemed less distracted by falls tonight having 'nothing to lose' mentality. Actually I don't understand anymore whether more or less risk is better for her. We used to think that 5 quads program is riskier because it's physically demanding but it seems less of a problem for her now compared to her nerves.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don't think Anna is a lock. Those quads are a struggle. I think she will hit the eteri edge of 17 curse just in time for the Olympics
Anna reminds me of Zhenya. They are built the same too. And both are clutch. Med was great at 17 and 18 in the olympics. Alina won worlds at 17. There is hope for Anya and Aliona.

Anna had some slippage since Russian nationals in late December but I think almost all the ladies had some slippage since they competed in nationals.

If Sasha skated as well in worlds as she did at nationals she would have won this event by 5 to 10 points. But none of the ladies skated their best really and that's OK it was a crazy season a tough season a roller coaster ride for sure.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
We used to think that 5 quads program is riskier because it's physically demanding but it seems less of a problem for her now compared to her nerves.
Good point, it's probably because if she falls on one she knows there's 4 more chances to get it right.

With the 3A in the SP though, she only has one shot.

Interestingly, this could mean it might be an idea to give the 3A a try in the FS...if she misses it there's still 6 jumping passes left. Although I guess falling on it would have quite an impact on her score.