Alexandra Trusova | Page 171 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Congrats for the comeback! I'm a bit bitter about these worlds, but I'm glad she got a medal in the end. I really hope she will peak next season and win the olympics.

p.s. I enjoyed her programs this season and I'm looking forward to the next ones. Powerful, epic music for FS works for me.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Hey did Sasha win the free skate and get a small gold medal to go along with her overall bronze medal? I think she scored a fraction of a point higher than Anya in the free skate.
The parallels between Sasha and Nathan are real :eek: Well done! And it was so good to see the 4F back.

Yeah, she wasn't far off from landing one more quad in her free. The falls on 4S and 4Lz and downgrade on 4T combo looked like exhaustion or a lapse in concentration. With further rest and training over the summer, I can definitely see her managing at least 4 quads in the long and a clean no-3A SP next season.
Clean SP is the key. She has the free skate high scoring potential to intimidate the other girls. But not if she 16 points behind the leader after the SP. I'm sure Anna and liza knew where sasha was going into the free skate. If Sasha was say 5th going into the free skate Anna and Liza would have been a lot more tense.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Even of the outcome is not what she would have hoped for, here are the positives:

* Regained 4F and landed it successfully
* Regained 4Lz and landed one successfully, in combination with a triple jump
* Landed 4T in combination with a triple jump in the second half of the program

Amazing improvement in the space of a few months, and a clear upward trajectory. At this rate she is well-positioned to replicate Nathan's post-2018 career path.
Except sasha has much more competition than Nathan had. Chen has one competitor Yuzu Sasha has several just in her own country with more coming.

I hope she and plushy rethink the SP strategy.
Keep it simple in the SP and then drop the hammer in the free.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Don't forget she'll also get a small gold for the FS! 🥇
Yes.

I felt the need to go lie down a few times during the completions. And, I didn’t realize that I am actually getting that cake until after watching the ceremony. I was like... I guess... I am getting a cake, but my kid didn’t want it...so, we got phistashio ice cream and cherry strudels.

Family now wants Sasha to win more medals.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Except sasha has much more competition than Nathan had. Chen has one competitor Yuzu Sasha has several just in her own country with more coming.

Oh, gosh, I had to listen to my mom for two days that Trusova missed the combo because they took out 3A and she wasn’t tired enough.

part of me thinks though, when male skaters go to 3A, they don’t go back, even if they don’t always land it in competitions.

also, she did a 5-quad program landing 3 during the year she had a major growth spurt and works tirelessly on 3A.

Magill

Record Breaker
Oh, gosh, I had to listen to my mom for two days that Trusova missed the combo because they took out 3A and she wasn’t tired enough.

part of me thinks though, when male skaters go to 3A, they don’t go back, even if they don’t always land it in competitions.

also, she did a 5-quad program landing 3 during the year she had a major growth spurt and works tirelessly on 3A.
Honestly, I thought if they did not take 3A out to play it safe, the combo disaster would not have happened, regardless if she had landed it or not. There was something telling me as I watched her skate that she was too cautious, too focused on extentions and steps, and beautiful arms, and yes, overcautious.... So I guess I have something in common with your mum :) BTW, anyone can tell would it have been better for her points-wise to have bombed 3A and nailed the combo or do it the other way round as it were?

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Yes.

I felt the need to go lie down a few times during the completions. And, I didn’t realize that I am actually getting that cake until after watching the ceremony. I was like... I guess... I am getting a cake, but my kid didn’t want it...so, we got phistashio ice cream and cherry strudels.

Family now wants Sasha to win more medals.
Reminds me of my brother's birthday once, he prefers cheesecake to actual cake so we got one and stuck candles in it :LOL: Happy cake day, Lariko! :hb:

Just curious if anyone else has been anointed cake-bringer, besides Sasha and Andrei Mozalev?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Honestly, I thought if they did not take 3A out to play it safe, the combo disaster would not have happened, regardless if she had landed it or not. There was something telling me as I watched her skate that she was too cautious, too focused on extentions and steps, and beautiful arms, and yes, overcautious.... So I guess I have something in common with your mum :) BTW, anyone can tell would it have been better for her points-wise to have bombed 3A and nailed the combo or do it the other way round as it were?
I feel that bombed combo was a fluke, but indicative of her overall weakness that never goes away. Trusova has a wonderful ability to land a lot of jumps out of many attempts, but has trouble to deliver a routine on demand, particularly when it is a short routine. So, imo, it is better if she always go for 3A. But if she is more prone to trauma on 3A, I get it that 2A is better.

fall on 3A is 3 points BV (including deduction for the fall), and 2A is 3.30. The combo BV is 11.11, Lutz alone is 6.49 BV. It would have been better if she fell on 3A, but delivered combo.

honestly, though, unlike my mom, I don’t think that if she tried 3A, it would have given her combo. Zhou’s disaster is still fresh in my memory.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Reminds me of my brother's birthday once, he prefers cheesecake to actual cake so we got one and stuck candles in it :LOL: Happy cake day, Lariko! :hb:

Just curious if anyone else has been anointed cake-bringer, besides Sasha and Andrei Mozalev?
Shoma is also a cakebringer. And during this year’s NKH, my kid’s every correct guess at the podium (but gold for ice dance) netted cakes, but she was really annoyed by the outcome, because first she called grandma, who said she only knows Yuzuru, then she looked up all the stats, and the end result was too low on cake net outcome for the efforts she expended. Initially, I think, she wanted to take the matter into her own capable hands, because at Rostelecom, both of the cakebringers didn’t deliver.

Last edited:

Magill

Record Breaker

No, she needs that 3A in the SP and she is perfectly able to nail it. She just needs to work with a skilled mind-magician to get hold of the nerves. "Just Yuzu :ROFLMAO: " - thank you very much! There is no one, literally no one in the Ladies FS world nowadays who could be perceived as even close to Yuzuru. But Sasha HAS all it takes to become a female equivalent of Nathan. And if she does, if she fully masters her potential and learns to play the mind game, no one can stop her. No politicking, corridor judging, Russian bloodbath drama or Eteri bonuses. It's pure maths. And once she does, everything else will follow. Plushy just needs to invest in a master sport psychologist. Moose, can you please get the message to him?:pray:

Scott512

Record Breaker
No, she needs that 3A in the SP and she is perfectly able to nail it. She just needs to work with a skilled mind-magician to get hold of the nerves. "Just Yuzu :ROFLMAO: " - thank you very much! There is no one, literally no one in the Ladies FS world nowadays who could be perceived as even close to Yuzuru. But Sasha HAS all it takes to become a female equivalent of Nathan. And if she does, if she fully masters her potential and learns to play the mind game, no one can stop her. No politicking, corridor judging, Russian bloodbath drama or Eteri bonuses. It's pure maths. And once she does, everything else will follow. Plushy just needs to invest in a master sport psychologist. Moose, can you please get the message to him?:pray:
You can't win a major title in the SP but you can lose it and that's what happened to Sasha in her world's debut. The strategy needs to be stay within 5 to 10 points of the leaders after the SP and Sasha will be in great shape even if she has a less than perfect free skate. I mean she moved up 9 placements today not skating her best.

I think we all know that Anya is not at her best and not feeling that great and is tired. If Sasha was down 6 points to Anya after the short program instead of 16 the whole outcome could have been different and Sasha could have put massive pressure on Anna to deliver multiple quads while tired to win worlds gold.. It might have broken that girl. I'm not sure Anna had multiple quads in her today if she had to deliver. She was able to cruise to worlds gold which is just what she wanted.

If Sasha gets a triple axel the quality of Alionas maybe this is a different story with the SP. You will get the play around with a lot of different things next season because I'm pretty sure there's going to be a normal season with some fans all GP events so all skaters will be able to work on what they have to and play around with a few things.

I hope she takes a much needed rest for a few weeks. It wasn't an easy 2nd senior season for Sasha.

Scott512

Record Breaker

No question about it sasha is a workaholic. She will go to the ends of the Earth to win and be spectacular and make a statement. I think she can get a triple axel but if it can't become reliable certainly leave it out of the SP by nationals. If she gets a 64 in the SP at nationals the fed won't be happy.. Anna is pretty much a lock for the Olympics unless something on foreseen happens so Sasha will be battling Liza alyona Kamila Maya and Dasha. 5 girls for 2 spots. If Sasha plays her cards right I think she gets one of those valuable Olympic spots.

Magill

Record Breaker
You can't win a major title in the SP but you can lose it and that's what happened to Sasha in her world's debut. The strategy needs to be stay within 5 to 10 points of the leaders after the SP and Sasha will be in great shape even if she has a less than perfect free skate. I mean she moved up 9 placements today not skating her best.

I think we all know that Anya is not at her best and not feeling that great and is tired. If Sasha was down 6 points to Anya after the short program instead of 16 the whole outcome could have been different and Sasha could have put massive pressure on Anna to deliver multiple quads while tired to win worlds gold.. It might have broken that girl. I'm not sure Anna had multiple quads in her today if she had to deliver. She was able to cruise to worlds gold which is just what she wanted.

If Sasha gets a triple axel the quality of Alionas maybe this is a different story with the SP. You will get the play around with a lot of different things next season because I'm pretty sure there's going to be a normal season with some fans all GP events so all skaters will be able to work on what they have to and play around with a few things.

I hope she takes a much needed rest for a few weeks. It wasn't an easy 2nd senior season for Sasha.
Yeah, but next year she won't face a shaky Anya but quite a different range and scale of competition. She is going to need her 3A to stay close enough after SP.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Sasha has handled puberty great. It has crushed other girls. My guess is she's about 90% through puberty.

I do wonder how tall sasha is now she looks an inch or so taller than Anna. My guess she's about Zhenyas height and taller than Alina now. And through the growth spurt and puberty she has kept her jumps.

What programs the Russian Rocket gets next season will be very interesting. One thing is for sure she will get the pick of the litter so to speak unlike at TT where there's like 5 or 6 great girls and only so many great programs to go around.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Congrats for the comeback! I'm a bit bitter about these worlds, but I'm glad she got a medal in the end. I really hope she will peak next season and win the olympics.

p.s. I enjoyed her programs this season and I'm looking forward to the next ones. Powerful, epic music for FS works for me.
At least we had a world's. I missed Europeans and it's too bad they cancelled that they could have done the same thing that they did for the world championships.