2020–21 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 53 | Golden Skate

2020–21 Canadian Figure Skating

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
New to the thread 😛 Not sure where to post this thing, but hope y'all enjoy some Canadian skating from this event by the Ice Theatre of New York: Pivoting Through The Pandemic. Featuring Kaitlyn Weaver, Elladj Baldé, Vanessa James, Starr Andrews, Adam Rippon, Jason Brown, Oona Brown, Gage Brown, and more :biggrin:

I particularly enjoyed Kaitlyn's solo dance to Carol King's "I Feel the Earth Move"Wha starting at 27'22". The choreography is by Eliot Halverson.
Are Kaitlyn and Andrew finished? What is he doing. I like them as a pair.(dance)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Are Kaitlyn and Andrew finished? What is he doing. I like them as a pair.(dance)
they have been living in different countries but if you look on social media, there are some indications that they would still skate shows.... when shows return... but that's not tomorrow

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
New to the thread 😛 Not sure where to post this thing, but hope y'all enjoy some Canadian skating from this event by the Ice Theatre of New York: Pivoting Through The Pandemic. Featuring Kaitlyn Weaver, Elladj Baldé, Vanessa James, Starr Andrews, Adam Rippon, Jason Brown, Oona Brown, Gage Brown, and more :biggrin:

I particularly enjoyed Kaitlyn's solo dance to Carol King's "I Feel the Earth Move" starting at 27'22". The choreography is by Eliot Halverson.
Thank you for sharing this....it was just great to see them again. Yay!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Canadians, is Jeffrey Buttle still involved in skating? Coaching, Choreography, or Commentating?

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Dear @mrrice I'm sure Canadians can improve on this answer, but Jeffrey is very well known for his choreographing (not only in Canada) and has choreographed for many, many skaters. He may not have been mentioned at the 'Figure Skating Awards' last year, but he definitely is very much up there, and well known for choreographing ensemble pieces for shows as well. This page should provide some insight: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Buttle

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I have started the 2021-22 thread:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I have started the 2021-22 thread:

so early.. it usually starts with the national theme announcement or the GP/JGP announcements... but I guess it doesn't matter much which thread we post in at this point LOL

Sabrina

Record Breaker
If Canada wants to have Russia's success, they need to look at young kids, and find a way to sponsor all levels of competitive skating, from the youngest to the national team. Figure skating and ballet (sports that I know better) are very, very expensive even in star skate level (non-competitive). Actually it's nice to think figure skating should be more close to ballet on ice, than it is now, almost a jumping competition. Biometrics may add some sinister conclusions, as it is evident that for quads you need skaters that are as thin as possible, and maybe not too tall..still powerful. 🥶
At least FS is a sport, as in ballet, life is even more cruel. You need to be well built, long legs, nice proportion between body parts, otherwise you have no chance.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
If Canada wants to have Russia's success, they need to look at young kids, and find a way to sponsor all levels of competitive skating, from the youngest to the national team. Figure skating and ballet (sports that I know better) are very, very expensive even in star skate level (non-competitive). Actually it's nice to think figure skating should be more close to ballet on ice, than it is now, almost a jumping competition. Biometrics may add some sinister conclusions, as it is evident that for quads you need skaters that are as thin as possible, and maybe not too tall..still powerful. 🥶
At least FS is a sport, as in ballet, life is even more cruel. You need to be well built, long legs, nice proportion between body parts, otherwise you have no chance.
some of your points are valid but I would emphasize that ballet is much stricter in terms of body requirements : we have tall guys doing quads in Canada. Kaetlyn was a giant compared to her fellow competitors... The first time I saw her live, i was shocked to see her next to some of the other girls. Her jumps were the most powerful too. Taller skaters can also be matched to make beautiful ice dance and pairs couples. All sports have body type advantages : divers are usually shorter too... Swimmers : as tall as possible! Etc... What is important is to keep athletes happy and to cater to their strengths.... even musicians have body advantages... though a person with small hands will figure out their way on the piano and can still reach the highest levels...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think at the end of this season in the men's it appeared Keegan was the top skater over Roman and Nam. The ladies had Madeline and the pairs had KMT and MM while dance had Piper and Gilles. I am curious if Keegan refuses to get vaccinated against Covid 19 will he be allowed to travel for skating competitions like the olympics.

BearryBear

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I think at the end of this season in the men's it appeared Keegan was the top skater over Roman and Nam. The ladies had Madeline and the pairs had KMT and MM while dance had Piper and Gilles. I am curious if Keegan refuses to get vaccinated against Covid 19 will he be allowed to travel for skating competitions like the olympics.
Why would Keegan refuse the vaccination? Is this just speculation or did he post something?