Jason Brown | Page 850 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Ross74

Medalist
Jason will be at Sun Valley over the Labor Day weekend:)

Hoping the border situation is favorable by then:pray:
Perhaps it follows closely on the heels of champs camp, if they're having it. Canada plans to loosen some restrictions beginning in early July by dropping the federal quarantine requirement for those who are fully vaccinated and already eligible to enter the country, That alone should help with Jason's traveling.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... He's certainly being cooperative with all these promos. ...

True, but I think that being cooperative would be a no-brainer from Jason's point of view. For Jason, what's not to like about being selected to appear in sponsored promos for USOPC?
I see the promos as a beneficial opportunity/privilege for him -- at the same time that USOPC and its sponsors also benefit from Jason's presence and content.

I imagine that he (and Jerry Solomon) would jump at this type of chance for Jason to represent both the broad spectrum of U.S. Olympic/Paralympic athletes/sports and his beloved sport of figure skating in particular.
Not to mention the chance to give a favorable impression of Jason Brown himself (on an individual level) to those who are fans of the Olympics/Paralympics in general, but who do not go out of their way to pay attention to figure skating in particular.
Short promos of this ilk sometimes have awakened my interest in a previously-unfamiliar-to-me athlete and/or the sport that-I-have-not-followed-closely in which s/he competes. Yul Moldauer is my latest example.

Whether or not Jason receives any compensation from the USOPC sponsors, I think whatever time/effort he invests in the promos is well spent. :)

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
There's a nice article about Jason and his work with Ronald McDonald House Charities on the US Figure Skating site:

To celebrate U.S. Figure Skating’s centennial anniversary, we asked fans to share their favorite figure skating memories and athlete role models. Team USA skaters and alumni consistently go above and beyond to give back and serve communities in need.⁠⁠ This month, we wanted to know: Whose off-ice work inspires you?⁠⁠

Across all our social channels, one name rose to the top of the list.

Jason Brown and his work with Ronald McDonald House Charities, which started where most skating stories do: on the ice.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Skate Canada and IDF per Jason!! Yay I'm so happy he'll come to Europe!! Maybe, I'll hav3 my chance to see him skate live!!! 😍😍😍😍🤩🤩🤩🤩
I might see you there!!
If the UK (and France) relax their quarantine restrictions, I may actually make the trip to Grenoble! I was tossing up between a grand prix and Worlds, with the assumption things would be better COVID-wise with the latter... but now Jason’s confirmed to be at IdF - I really want to see him live!!

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Also, pretty good fields for Jason!! I think silvers are very potentially possible at both fields, especially if he keeps getting that quad down. IdF is also a good comp for Jason (aka the first time Brian realised his potential!)
A bit annoying he's up against Nathan at SCI, but I'm glad he's not going to be up against Vincent until potentially GPF but at worst Nats. It holds off any potential bad comparisons when considering those Olympic spots.

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Also, pretty good fields for Jason!! I think silvers are very potentially possible at both fields, especially if he keeps getting that quad down. IdF is also a good comp for Jason (aka the first time Brian realised his potential!)
He has the two easiest Grand Prix assignments. He will probably finish on the podium at Skate Canada, quite possibly with the silver. IdF is a little more up in the air: it depends on how Kevin, Shun, and Andrei skate, but he could also easily make that podium. Even if Jason doesn't make it to the final, he'll probably be an alternate. And he could quite possibly make it to the Final with the way the assignments have fallen. That would be a dream come true. ❤️

Apple1078

Final Flight
He has the two easiest Grand Prix assignments. He will probably finish on the podium at Skate Canada, quite possibly with the silver. IdF is a little more up in the air: it depends on how Kevin, Shun, and Andrei skate, but he could also easily make that podium. Even if Jason doesn't make it to the final, he'll probably be an alternate. And he could quite possibly make it to the Final with the way the assignments have fallen. That would be a dream come true. ❤️
Yes, I think these are great assignments for him. Silver is definitely possible at Skate Canada. I'd say Jason is more consistent than Kevin, Shun and Andrei so even though IdF is more up in the air, he could do really well here.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I might see you there!!
If the UK (and France) relax their quarantine restrictions, I may actually make the trip to Grenoble! I was tossing up between a grand prix and Worlds, with the assumption things would be better COVID-wise with the latter... but now Jason’s confirmed to be at IdF - I really want to see him live!!
Me, too, and I might see you there!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A bit annoying he's up against Nathan at SCI, but I'm glad he's not going to be up against Vincent until potentially GPF but at worst Nats. It holds off any potential bad comparisons when considering those Olympic spots.

Not to mention Jason's very first GP medal came at (then) Trophée Bompard.

Jason of course:clap: Kevin, Deniss, Keegan, an excellent group of men IMO.

Grenoble is only two or three hours farther for me than Vancouver. Unfortunately six hours vs nine hours is not much of a choice even for Jason:D

Zaki

On the Ice
Yes, guys, I'm SO excited!! I can't even explain how happy I am thinking that I might see him, actually see him skate live, in a couple of months!

I had tickets, flights and everything planned 2 years ago for Nebelhorn and then he had to withdraw from the competition and I was sure I had lost my only chance to see him... but now... I'm hopeful again and I think the ticket won't be that expensive, you know... no Nathan, Yuzuru or Shoma there.. so.. maybe an all event ticket won't cost so much. 🤞

And SINNERMAN + SCHINDLER'S LIST!!!

Let me say it again: SINNERMAN + SCHINDLER'S LIST!!!!!!!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
OMG call me superstitious (as somebody did last year) but I’m just so glad he’s not going to NHK! 😂

And I’m hoping very much that Skate Canada will go ahead as planned and that he’ll have a brilliant season.

But I’m honestly a little surprised that everyone thinks his assignments are so easy! At Skate Canada, in addition to Nathan, among others he’ll be facing Roman, Keegan and Semenenko - who beat him in the FS at Worlds; in France, he’ll be facing Keegan again, Kevin, Yuma, and Aliev. And Danelian. And Sato. All of these guys can be great when they’re on. Obviously a lot depends on how Jason skates, but I’m betting that competition will be tough bc every one of those guys will be killing themselves to make their respective Olympic teams. So right now, I think whether Jason medals is kind of a tossup. 😊

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I don't think theyre necessarily easy fields, and think Jason could finish anywhere from 2nd to 5th tbh. Considering worlds, Keegan was ahead of him and Semenenko not far behind. He beat Kevin at Worlds and Aliev all the way back at SkAm in 2019. However, I guess all of those skaters (and Jason included reallly) can be relatively inconsistent. I think Worlds was the first time Keegan put back to back clean-ish skates together. So it will definitely depend a lot on what the other skaters do, but if Jason can go clean, he should put a good mark down!

As I said earlier, I'm just glad he's not up against Vincent in terms of head-to-head comparisons for that Olympic spot. Apparently Vincent when clean in the Broadmoor SP with a quad lutz, so it seems he's put his Worlds disaster behind him. Very interested in who USFS will send to confirm the spot at Nebelhorn!

noskates

Record Breaker
Here's my thoughts on Vincent (which I've shared freely with El) He still is not consistent! He has all the skill in the world but he can't always keep it together. I think in a head to head competition with Jason, the only way he'll beat him is if he skates totally clean and lands his multiple quads. When was the last time that happened? As for Keegan - darling as he is - his performance level is nowhere near Jason's. Again - must skate clean and Jason has to make a mistake. I'm not saying Jason's assignments are easy, but I think medaling at both of those competitions is very, very possible. He just has to go out there and sell those programs like we know he can. I actually like the lineups in all of the GPs.