What's your Russian women dream team for 2022? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

What's your Russian women dream team for 2022?

decafjava

On the Ice
Country
Switzerland
Anna Shcherbakova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and Kamila Valieva. Alexandra Trusova as alternate.

Amei

Record Breaker
My vote is: Kostornaya, Tuktamysheva, Trusova.
My favorite is Kostornaya/Medvedeva, and Tuktamysheva and Trusova deserve it the most.

Deserve it the most? That's a curious description; I think its fair to say that all of the skaters are going to work as hard as possible to get on the team, I don't think any of them 'deserve' to be on the team more than another, they should all have to earn their spot by their performances/results from this season.

AxelLover

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Deserve it the most? That's a curious description; I think its fair to say that all of the skaters are going to work as hard as possible to get on the team, I don't think any of them 'deserve' to be on the team more than another, they should all have to earn their spot by their performances/results from this season.
I completely agree. However, I think that cabres used the word "deserve" in a different meaning. Speaking for myself, I can imagine myself saying a misleading statement like "Trusova deserves to go to the Olympics" while actually meaning something like "Considering how much Trusova pushed the sport technically I would feel very sorry for her if she didn't make it to the Olympic team."

But again, I totally admit that the word "deserve" is not really appropriate here.

cabres

On the Ice
I completely agree. However, I think that cabres used the word "deserve" in a different meaning. Speaking for myself, I can imagine myself saying a misleading statement like "Trusova deserves to go to the Olympics" while actually meaning something like "Considering how much Trusova pushed the sport technically I would feel very sorry for her if she didn't make it to the Olympic team."

But again, I totally admit that the word "deserve" is not really appropriate here.
Thank you AxelLover for developing my idea. Yes, they would deserve the most to achieve performances this season as well, Trusova for technical reasons, and Tukt for her perseverance. She missed 2 Olympics, it is her last chance and I would like to get it. It's my dream.

Arbitrary

Medalist
I'd say the RusFed knows (provided the latest [un]success at Tokyo-2020/1) there are little chances for more than one medal in Women.
Thus, it would be "fair" to send:
* Valieva as a primary contender for the Singles,
* Tuktamysheva for the Teams Event SP only,
* Trusova for the Teams Event LP only.

There are little chances the last two may run for the Singles for any good after the Teams Event. And having Tuktamysheva for both Teams Event SP and LP will certainly makes it no-gold.
Valieva is better to be preserved for the Singles only.

NaVi

Medalist
I'd say the RusFed knows (provided the latest [un]success at Tokyo-2020/1) there are little chances for more than one medal in Women.
If one of the twins hadn't had a major error, she would have won a medal too...

Arbitrary

Medalist
If one of the twins hadn't had a major error, she would have won a medal too...
The overall situation is little related to the Art Gymnastics, more to the international politics. The issues started to appear after known events during 2014.
The RusGov may decide to find an excuse to skip the next Olympics like it was in 1984.

NaVi

Medalist
The overall situation is little related to the Art Gymnastics, more to the international politics. The issues started to appear after known events during 2014.
The RusGov may decide to find an excuse to skip the next Olympics like it was in 1984.
Skip the Beijing Olympics... please, no way would Putin do Xi wrong like that.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
***1. Ksenia sinitsina who is so wonderful yet underrated, and I can't help but root for ***2.Liza t because she's still doing great things, even though her style isn't my cup of tea. So yeah, those 2, part of my dream team. 3rd spot idk. So much talent, I'll wait for the test skates I guess.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I would not project what happened in Tokyo on figure skating. I rewatched today Rusnats and Russian TV 1 cup. For me what Anna and Kamila showed there were the best performances EVER. No one in the world has come close to those neither among current nor among previous generations skaters. And with the current scoring system in figure skating you can do nothing when Anna hits 4Lz and 4F and Kamila hits 3A and 2 4Ts. It's nothing like the scoring system in RG that the public has no access to. We are told Ashram programs were much more difficult than Dina's. Alina Kabaeva and other Russian folks who are supposed to be knowledgeable about RG scoring say that it is nonsense. In figure skating all of us regular folks know BVs beforehand and we can see GOEs for each element in real time. So, the only objects of serious manipulation are edges, URs, StSq levels, and pcs.

If Kamila and Anna skate like they did in the above mentioned competitions no manipulation can hurt them. But if Anna skates like she did at WC and Kamila like she did at Russian Cup final, well, then they may lose to perfect Rika or Alysa. But if this happens, I personally won't cry that they were robbed.

lll

Rinkside
I just want Aliona Kostornaia on the team tbh I don't care much about the other spots. Having Daria on there would be nice and if Kamila didn't have Bolero then I'd love for her to also be on the team. I'd also be very happy for Elizaveta if she made the team, she's been trying for so long now.

starlight97

Final Flight
I'm a bit torn because I naturally love Alena, but if one wants to be super correct, one might say with her shenanigans last season (leaving after already having been given programs, self admitted motivation issues to work to the maximum with the new coach, then back again to the old one) she is "less deserving" than someone like Anna who has done none of this.

But of course nothing will depend on perceived fairness, only on who scores the highest.

Tokyo Drift

On the Ice
Country
France
Before things get too serious in a few hours, I have to : please find my three :laugh:

Attachment-18_max.jpeg