Kazuki Tomono | Page 114 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Kazuki seems to be hungry for competition experience :) I think it's the right approach. Who knows if JSF send their skaters to Challengers this year, so each competition is valuable. Good luck to Kazuki!

KiraraChin

Medalist
Absolutely. Also, I might be wrong, but I think this Osaka event is a qualifier for Kokutai ☺️

In other news, one of Kazuki's GP assignments, Cup of China, has been cancelled. I really hope they find an alternative location to host the event, as a straight cancellation wouldn't be fair on the skaters!

surimi

Record Breaker
Is Kazuki still listed for the Osaka event? I've just been to another forum, and they mention Mitsuki and Sena but not Kazuki. Hopefully they just forgot about him?

KiraraChin

Medalist
As expected, Kazuki won the All-Osaka Championships today (free skate only), with a score of 151.48.
Here's his protocol: https://twitter.com/Tomono_Infonet/status/1429427643984740364

Jump-wise, I think he's actually doing really well so far considering it's so early in the season! He landed his three quads, yes he popped an axel later and botched a couple of spins, but nothing too worrying IMO. There was also a 1.00 deduction for hilarious fall in the StSq which he posted on Instagram 😅

However, those PCS... complete joke. Lots of 7s and even 6s in PE and IN!? For Kazuki!? WTH are they smoking 👺🤡

In other news, Kazuki did an Insta live the other day, I missed it but it seems that he spoke among other things about his new blades, his battle with stress acne, and his love for sauna.

surimi

Record Breaker
Yeah, I mean, the programs this year don't give Kazuki as much room to shine as Roxanne or Chroma or Riverdance, but he still deseves good marks for his In/PE. Especially compared to many other skaters.

Kazuki's hobbies are so quirky, they make me smile. ^ ^ Shoe polishing, clothes shopping, listening to Tokai, ramen hunting, and sauna. Have I missed anything?

ETA, I've just added some items to Kazuki's Media section. I had no idea he skated to 'Dragon' as gala in juniors! :laugh:

Last edited:

KiraraChin

Medalist
Kazuki's hobbies are so quirky, they make me smile. ^ ^ Shoe polishing, clothes shopping, listening to Tokai, ramen hunting, and sauna. Have I missed anything?
I think it's not simply clothes shopping, it's 'thrifting' 😂

In other news, it seems Italy has applied to host the GP instead of Cup of China... That means, Kazuki could be skating in Italy again! 🇮🇹

surimi

Record Breaker
Me neither :) Kazuki's in good company at regionals. I see Mitsuki is there, Moriguchi, Sena, Yuto, and I think Kazuki Kushida.

KiraraChin

Medalist
I thought people had a thing for cowboys (western boy lol) that's all haha
LOL Kazuki is too cute to be a cowboy (sorry Kazuki you know it's true!)

Good news! There will be a FOD broadcast for regionals this year too: https://twitter.com/nest_skate/status/1431834980682899456 It's paid and Japan-only, but hopefully someone will upload the videos :pray:

Meanwhile, Kazuki posted an IG story yesterday of a Tokai on Air t-shirt! He's such a fanboy 🤣

KiraraChin

Medalist
Loool that would be hilarious!

Guys, Kazuki is scheduled to appear in BOTH Japan Open and Carnival on Ice for the first time! 🤩

It'll be a tight schedule with Kinki regionals just a few days later, but knowing Kazuki's stamina I'm sure he'll be able to do well in both.

I'm SO excited - He has the perfect vibe for this type of fun event! It'd be even better if he could be in the same team as Shoma, since the are such a cute and hilarious duo.