Kazuki Tomono | Page 115 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

Skatesocs

Final Flight

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Also the JSF bio, but his is missing.

These links may be found in the skater's OP here in the thread :)

(I think a regular poster could take up the OP upkeep, the poster @tsuyoboogie has been missing for more than a year now)

It's not missing, it's just an old link. Here is the new one, but you have to run it through google translate: https://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/figure/player/detail.php?id=4ZGbxjLtCmo=
@Kirara, are you sure you don't want to apply for becoming the new OP for Kazuki's thread? You're by far the most active poster here, and Kazuki's #1 fan ☺️ I'm sure you'd keep links and info up to date, otherwise the OP needs to wait for updates by a mod, which is maybe once or twice a year. Tsuyo was a great contribution to this thread, but sometimes real life gets in the way, and I think they're gone now for good. Kazuki's OP would so deserve regular maintenance... what do you think?

Figskater23

On the Ice
I saw Central Sports listed but which rink I haven't found yet through translate. I was reading through some older posts and I am not sure but was it mentioned he trains at the Naniwa rink? Since he graduated university would he still use the rink at Doshisha? I want to write him a letter and I just want to make sure I send it to the right place. I just hope he'll get it before the Grand Prix starts.

KiraraChin

Medalist
OK, let me clarify :)

Kazuki's home rink is Naniwa Sports Centre in Osaka. He does training sessions in other places, such as Chukyo and Kinoshita Academy, but his main rink is Naniwa, so if you want to write a letter for him, that's probably the best address.

Naniwa rink is formally part of Doshisha University (his old affiliation), but it's in fact owned and managed by Central Sports (his new affiliation) so it's all connected ☺️

About taking over the thread, it's a bit of a complicated issue for me. OP is a dear friend of mine and I have talked to her about it a while ago. She acknowledged she didn't have the time to update it, but at the same time she had a lot of attachment to it as it took her a while to do it and she did it at a time when Kazuki was still relatively unknown. I know it's a point of pride for her. So I personally don't feel comfortable in simply 'taking' the thread from her, I hope you understand.

I used to talk to her a lot on Twitter but she went mia during the pandemic and when she re-appeared, she got banned after sharing videos from the SOI shows. Re-appeared briefly on YouTube just to be banned again for sharing videos from Gensan Summer Cup 😔 So at the moment I don't have the means to contact her unfortunately, we are online friends but never exchanged phone numbers or anything since we were both on Twitter a lot. I gotta say, I really miss her so I keep hoping we'll see her here again 😭

Figskater23

On the Ice
OK, let me clarify :)

Kazuki's home rink is Naniwa Sports Centre in Osaka. He does training sessions in other places, such as Chukyo and Kinoshita Academy, but his main rink is Naniwa, so if you want to write a letter for him, that's probably the best address.

Naniwa rink is formally part of Doshisha University (his old affiliation), but it's in fact owned and managed by Central Sports (his new affiliation) so it's all connected ☺️

About taking over the thread, it's a bit of a complicated issue for me. OP is a dear friend of mine and I have talked to her about it a while ago. She acknowledged she didn't have the time to update it, but at the same time she had a lot of attachment to it as it took her a while to do it and she did it at a time when Kazuki was still relatively unknown. I know it's a point of pride for her. So I personally don't feel comfortable in simply 'taking' the thread from her, I hope you understand.

I used to talk to her a lot on Twitter but she went mia during the pandemic and when she re-appeared, she got banned after sharing videos from the SOI shows. Re-appeared briefly on YouTube just to be banned again for sharing videos from Gensan Summer Cup 😔 So at the moment I don't have the means to contact her unfortunately, we are online friends but never exchanged phone numbers or anything since we were both on Twitter a lot. I gotta say, I really miss her so I keep hoping we'll see her here again 😭
Thank you! Thank you very much! I'll address the letter to Naniwa rink. Someone there should be able to get it to Kazuki especially since it will be addressed to him. It's coming all the way from America. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long to get to him. And I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you will hear from her soon.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Tsuyoboogie is rather generous with the local videos. I hope they come back, and that you hear from them.

Figskater23

On the Ice
There is one more thing. The address is listed as
3 Chrome-8-8 Nanbanaka,
Naniwa Ward, Osaka, 556-0011,
Japan

If I wrote it like this would it still be able to get delivered there or would I need to write it in Japan letters?

KiraraChin

Medalist
Thank you! Thank you very much! I'll address the letter to Naniwa rink. Someone there should be able to get it to Kazuki especially since it will be addressed to him. It's coming all the way from America. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long to get to him. And I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you will hear from her soon.
I'm glad I could help! I'm sure Kazuki will be very happy receiving your letter.

In fact, he is so appreciative of fans' letters that he keeps everyone's addresses in a mailing list, and occasionally sends postcards with a picture of him and a message of well wishes/thank you to the fans. I can't promise anything, but surimi has written to him before from outside of Japan and received one of his postcards a while later :love2:

About the best way to write his address, again surimi is probably the best person to advise you. I keep meaning to write to him but I must say I'm very lazy when it comes to writing letters, not only to skaters but to friends and family too 😅

Tsuyoboogie is rather generous with the local videos. I hope they come back, and that you hear from them.
Yes, Tsuyoboogie is a beautiful soul and incredibly generous. I thought it was amazing that she re-appeared on YouTube to share Gensan videos after losing her Twitter account (that was old and quite big) due to copyright issues. Not to mention she's one of the oldest, if not the oldest Kazuki fan in the English-speaking fandom, she's been following him since at least Nats 2015! For everything she represents to me personally and to the Kazuki fandom as a whole, I don't want to take the thread without her blessing 🥺

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
There is one more thing. The address is listed as
3 Chrome-8-8 Nanbanaka,
Naniwa Ward, Osaka, 556-0011,
Japan

If I wrote it like this would it still be able to get delivered there or would I need to write it in Japan letters?

Yes, you should be fine with writing the address in romaji (our letters), all Japanese can read those.
Good luck! ^ ^ I'm sure Kazuki will be happy to receive overseas fan mail.
If you're not sure of the address (as in, if Kazuki really comes there often) , you can also play it safe and send it through the Federation. But I've heard they only forward mail to skaters once a month, and according to one rumor, they charge the skaters for that o_O Plus I'm not sure how frequented their headquarters are in the pandemic, so yeah, you're probably better off sending your fan mail to Naniwa.

Yes, Tsuyoboogie is a beautiful soul and incredibly generous. I thought it was amazing that she re-appeared on YouTube to share Gensan videos after losing her Twitter account (that was old and quite big) due to copyright issues. Not to mention she's one of the oldest, if not the oldest Kazuki fan in the English-speaking fandom, she's been following him since at least Nats 2015! For everything she represents to me personally and to the Kazuki fandom as a whole, I don't want to take the thread without her blessing 🥺

Ah, I see! I understand your feelings entirely. Well, there's a third way to go about updates that doesn't involve taking over the OP, or waiting for mods. You can sum up updates and fixes in a post or PM, and then ask a mod to please edit it into the OP. I used to do Sota fanfest updates this way. Mods like Caro_liza are kind enough to do this for users. That way, the OP would remain Tsuyo's, and be up-to-date. :)

KiraraChin

Medalist
Forgot to post this earlier, but Kazuki tweeted he watched and enjoyed a film (?) of a sauna-loving man and his daughter: https://twitter.com/naniwatomono/status/1436523595367280640
He tweeted something along the lines of 'if my daughter told me she had a boyfriend, I would cry' 😂

In other news, here's some footage from Gensan, you can see some of his jumps from a different angle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=160&v=6KVHJpi8eBM&feature=youtu.be, also a hilarious gif of Kazuki in makeup: https://twitter.com/KazukiGIFs/status/1437657364321038338

Figskater23

On the Ice
Sounds like based on his tweet that Kazuki would like to have a daughter of his own one day. Unless I’m misreading it and he is telling a joke. I have no idea.

KiraraChin

Medalist
Sounds like based on his tweet that Kazuki would like to have a daughter of his own one day. Unless I’m misreading it and he is telling a joke. I have no idea.
I think it's very likely he would like to have a daughter some day! You can see by the way he treats the juniors, he's a very caring and protective type 🥰

He also has a younger sister and he described himself as a 'kind older brother' towards her. I think he would be an awesome dad!

Figskater23

On the Ice
I think it's very likely he would like to have a daughter some day! You can see by the way he treats the juniors, he's a very caring and protective type 🥰

He also has a younger sister and he described himself as a 'kind older brother' towards her. I think he would be an awesome dad!
I haven’t actually seen him with the juniors before. I believe it though. While I don’t know Kazuki personally I can see what a genuine, passionate, kind and funny man he is. Are there any stories or examples of his protectiveness with the juniors?

KiraraChin

Medalist
Yes, indeed 🥰

He often watches the Japanese boys at the JGP and junior Nats, and gets nervous for them. When Mitsuki Sumoto and Koshiro Shimada medalled at the JGP circuit in the 2018-19 season, he posted IG stories congratulating them.

He has been supporting Yuma Kagiyama since he was a junior. When Yuma first posted clips landing a 4T and 4S, Kazuki commented on his post saying the jumps looked amazing. He also said Yuma was very shy when they first met, but Kazuki kept talking to him until he got out of his shell. When they were both assigned to 4CC 2020, the Japanese press noticed how Yuma seemed nervous in practice (understandable), and how Kazuki's presence helped him relax. Because of this, the press said Kazuki was 'Team Japan's mood maker'. More recently, at the Nagoya festival, Yuma was wearing a t-shirt given by Kazuki.

Kazuki has also shared his love for sauna with the juniors lol Kao Miura (himself a Kazuki fan) said Kazuki took a group of juniors for a day at the sauna, and they all enjoyed it very much.

These are just some examples from the top of my head! Hope that helps ☺️

Figskater23

On the Ice
Yes, indeed 🥰

He often watches the Japanese boys at the JGP and junior Nats, and gets nervous for them. When Mitsuki Sumoto and Koshiro Shimada medalled at the JGP circuit in the 2018-19 season, he posted IG stories congratulating them.

He has been supporting Yuma Kagiyama since he was a junior. When Yuma first posted clips landing a 4T and 4S, Kazuki commented on his post saying the jumps looked amazing. He also said Yuma was very shy when they first met, but Kazuki kept talking to him until he got out of his shell. When they were both assigned to 4CC 2020, the Japanese press noticed how Yuma seemed nervous in practice (understandable), and how Kazuki's presence helped him relax. Because of this, the press said Kazuki was 'Team Japan's mood maker'. More recently, at the Nagoya festival, Yuma was wearing a t-shirt given by Kazuki.

Kazuki has also shared his love for sauna with the juniors lol Kao Miura (himself a Kazuki fan) said Kazuki took a group of juniors for a day at the sauna, and they all enjoyed it very much.

These are just some examples from the top of my head! Hope that helps ☺️
That just gets me right here ❤️ Kazuki has such a big heart. Are there any stories about him and his younger sister?

KiraraChin

Medalist
Are there any stories about him and his younger sister?
Unfortunately not, Kazuki keeps his family life very private! He said he had a younger sister when someone asked if he had siblings during a live on IG, but there are no public photos or any further info about her. I guess they want to keep her life as further away from the spotlight as possible, which is understandable 🙂

In other news, Kazuki gave an interview to the Kansai TV programme 'Senayen'! Here's the footage:

Unfortunately I haven't found a translation, just the bit about Yuzuru:
What is Hanyu-senshu to you? Kazuki: Hanyu-senshu.. easy, because he is 'God' (laugh), he is 'G-O-D'. He is well balanced in everything. He has a high level of perfection in all elements and he is my ideal skater.

In the programme, Kazuki skates to a song associated to his favourite baseball team, Hanshin Tigers. He said on Twitter he is probably the only skater in the world to have skated to this song, and that he improvised the routine on the spot 😂

Reactions: ana

Figskater23

On the Ice
Unfortunately not, Kazuki keeps his family life very private! He said he had a younger sister when someone asked if he had siblings during a live on IG, but there are no public photos or any further info about her. I guess they want to keep her life as further away from the spotlight as possible, which is understandable 🙂

In other news, Kazuki gave an interview to the Kansai TV programme 'Senayen'! Here's the footage:

Unfortunately I haven't found a translation, just the bit about Yuzuru:
What is Hanyu-senshu to you? Kazuki: Hanyu-senshu.. easy, because he is 'God' (laugh), he is 'G-O-D'. He is well balanced in everything. He has a high level of perfection in all elements and he is my ideal skater.

In the programme, Kazuki skates to a song associated to his favourite baseball team, Hanshin Tigers. He said on Twitter he is probably the only skater in the world to have skated to this song, and that he improvised the routine on the spot 😂
That’s great that he keeps his family life private. It shows his protectiveness and modesty which are great qualities to have whether you’re an athlete or not. The baseball song he skated to was really cool along with the outfit he decided to wear.