Team Cyprus | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Team Cyprus

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Good News and Bad News.

The Good News is that Stefania put in a great performance in the Advanced Novice Ladies SP, and is lying third going into the FS, with a score of 33.83.

Sofia Trophy Advanced Novice Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

There is no video uploaded yet.

Here is what I wrote at the time in the competition thread:

It has been a long time since I last saw Stefania, and I have to admit I couldn't remember what she was like. But, I liked what I saw today! That was very good!!!

Just the one wee mistake that I spotted, but it was just a minor thing.

With 2 to go, she goes into 3rd position, just a smidgeon behind 2nd.

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

With Emilea, Marilena and Stefania all looking good, things are really looking up for Cyprus.

We just have to wait for Junior Ladies later on to see what form Ekaterina is in this season.

:cheer: WELL DONE STEFANIA!!! :cheer:

The Advanced Novice Ladies SP is due to start at 08:30:00 EET (06:30:00 GMT). So 10 minutes from now.

Stefania Yakovleva will again be the 22nd skater to start. So, sixth skater to go in Group 3.

She is due to start at 10:44:30 EET (08:44:30 GMT). So, 2h 24m from now.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk6-H26SvIY

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://sofia-trophy.clubdenkovastav...ESGIRLS1.7.2005-30.6.2010_FS_TimeSchedule.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
http://sofia-trophy.clubdenkovastaviski.com/2021/ISU/index.html?page=SEG011.HTM

The Bad News is that Ekaterina Luneva withdrew from the Junior Ladies SP. :disapp:

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST STEFANIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Stefania finished 4th out of 24 in the FS, with a score of 59.45. This meant that she remained in 3rd overall, with a score of 93.28.

Sofia Trophy Advanced Novice Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Sofia Trophy Advanced Novice Ladies: Results

Here is what I wrote at the time in the competition thread:

Another great skate from Stefania.

She was a bit wobbily towards the end of one of her spins near the end, but that was the only issue I saw. Unlike most of the skaters this group, she didn't fall.

And she looked to be enjoying herself!

Loved the black lace dress.

2nd in the FS behind Selin AKBULUT, but leads her overall.

Now her destiny lies in the hands of Karolina BATKOVA.

As I said in the competition thread on Saturday, it has been a long time since I last saw Stefania in action. Well, after seeing how well she did this weekend, I hope that we get to see her a lot more regularly. Because, she is a real prospect for the future!

Emilea may have quickly established herself as the #1 Ladies skater for Cyprus in her first season representing the island, but if Marilena and Stefania keep on progressing the way they are, they will be challenging her for that title in the not too distant future!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Saturday may have been a special day for Stefania, but today is a special day for one of her Leader Club team-mates.

It is Polina Ustinova's 22nd birthday!!!

С Днем Рождения Полина!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

I hope she has had a really enjoyable day, and that the coming year is a good one for her.

I realise that the Cyprus international team has been going through a bit of a changing of the guard the past couple of seasons, but I really hope that we do see Polina competing again, once everything gets back to normal.

(Although Polina is Russian, she lives permanently in Cyprus. So, she is in the same boat as the other skaters that are based on the island. Because the MyMall rink has been closed, they haven't been able to get on the ice for the past year).

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The birthdays are coming thick and fast. Today is St. George's Day, which means it is Giorgia Isabella Sechi's birthday!!!

:cheer: HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY GIORGIA!!!:cheer:

I hope she has had a really enjoyable day, and that the coming year is a good one for her.

I also hope that her twenties will be even better for her than her teens were! ;) :biggrin:

As those of you that are regular visitors to this thread know, I met up with Giorgia in her hometown a few years ago. And she is the loveliest person you could ever have the pleasure of meeting.

So, I truly wish her all the happiness in the world.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last month, we had a week with three birthdays in it. And it is happening again this month!

May's birthday week starts with Ekaterina Luneva's 17th birthday!!!

С Днем Рождения Екатерина!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Unfortunately, we have not seen Katia in action since the start of the pandemic. Her scores from the last competition she did (the Tallink Hotels Cup in Estonia) were very encouraging, so I really hope that we will get to see her compete again internationally next season.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Back to the birthdays! (There must have been something in the water at this time of year!) This time, it is Danai Hadjimitsi's birthday.

:cheer: HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY DANAI!!!:cheer:

Although I have not met Danai per se, she and her Glace club team-mate Giorgia Isabella Sechi were actually the first skaters that I ever saw in real life. I was wandering around the MyMall shopping centre one time many years ago (put it like this: it was a few years before I even started this thread!), and when I reached the middle and looked down onto the rink, I was surprised to find that there was a training session happening. Giorgia was on the ice, while Danai was at the boards, absolutely itching to get on!

Danai's impatience to get out there made me smile. And so has what she has achieved since then, both on the ice and off.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And just a day after Danai's birthday, it is now Eliana Kalogirou's birthday!!!

:cheer: HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY ELIANA!!!:cheer:

I don't think it has been mentioned on here, but Eliana has now retired from competition. It's a shame, because I saw promise in her when she made her Junior Grand Prix debut in Lithuania in 2019.

Nevertheless, I wish her all the best for the future, whatever it may hold.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
There have been quite a few things have happened since I last posted in this thread. So, I think it would be best to tackle them in chronological order.

Firstly, in June, Daniella did an interview with the English language In-Cyprus website (which used to be the Cyprus Weekly newspaper):

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/int...of-figure-skating-daniella-vanessa-ipsaridou/

Then a week later, she was interviewed by Maria Ioannou on the Omega TV programme "Ela Na Deis". Here is the video on Daniella's Facebook Fan Page:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=912731879457270&id=149071529156646

This interview was in Greek, so I don't know what she was saying (I suspect it was something similar to the newspaper interview). But, it had a song I love as the backing music, so I can't complain! :rock: ;) :laugh:

Secondly, Marilena has already got her first competition of the 2021–22 Season under her belt. Just over 2 weeks ago, she competed at Skate Milwaukee.

I have to admit, I was worried last season when she had such a good first half of the season, and then seemed to completely disappear off the radar in the second half. So, it is so good to see her back. And boys, but she hit the ground running!

Skate Milwaukee Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

Marilena finished 1st out of 13 in the SP, with a score of 58.31. This was 3.74 ahead of Maxine Marie Bautista in second place.

She was the only skater in the Top 4 to not have any deductions. In fact, she was one of only 2 skaters in the Top 8 to not have any deductions (Emily Zhang in 5th position was the other).

This score was a new absolute PB for the Short Programme, surpassing the 46.41 she scored at the 2019 US Challenge Skate by a massive 11.90 points!

:bow: :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Unfortunately, after winning the Short Programme, the Free Skate did not go as well. 😞

Skate Milwaukee Senior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Skate Milwaukee Senior Ladies: Results

Marilena Kitromilis Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emm1cX2WfoU

Marilena finished 8th out of 12 in the FS, with a score of 76.02. This meant that she dropped to 8th place overall, with a score of 134.33.

Typical luck that of the two programmes, the one that got a video uploaded was the one where things went wrong rather than the one where things went right!

The first half of the programme was a disaster. Four deductions for falls says it all. To be honest, I suspect that the pressure of being the overnight leader got to her. However, she pulled it together for the second half, which was actually really good.

She was skating to Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" (well, according to YouTube's algorithms, there were only sections from "Summer", "Autumn" and "Winter"). And, although I may be biased, I do think that when she skates it clean, it will be impressive.

Nevertheless, despite the problems in the FS, the overall score was still a new absolute PB, surpassing the 132.93 she scored at the 2020 Santa Claus Cup by 1.40 points.

:cheer: WELL DONE MARILENA!!! :cheer:

Thirdly, on Sunday, I was checking YouTube for new videos, and discovered by chance that Angelina has her own YouTube channel. She has been using it since 2017, but I never found it until now.

I have added links for all the videos to the post about Angelina over in the separate Fan Fest thread for her and Ilia:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2123988/

Finally, the Provisional Entry Lists for the second Junior Grand Prix in Courchevel were released yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised to see Stefania on it. I thought she still had another year or two to wait until she was old enough for Juniors! :drama:

http://results.isu.org/events/jgpfra22021_JuniorWomen.htm

Ekaterina is down as the substitute if Stefania is not able to go.

So, here's to a great 2021–22 Season for 🇨🇾 Team Cyprus!!!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Some good news and some bad news.

The first bit of good news is that the four skaters that are curently representing Cyprus internationally in Juniors and Seniors have now had Bios added to the start of this thread!

Emilia ZINGAS
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2775640

Ekaterina LUNEVA
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2775642

Marilena KITROMILIS
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2775643

Stefania YAKOVLEVA
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2775644

Hope you like them!

And the second bit of good news is that Emilea and Marilena are both in action this week at the Cranberry Cup in Norwood, Massachusettes.

This is where the bad news comes in. Unbeknownst to me, the Info box listing upcoming competitions on the front page on the forum had the wrong dates for Cranberry Cup. When I saw it say 15–18 August, I assumed that would mean that the preparations would be yesterday, and skating would start today. And I thought "Ah good! If there is a livestream and the Senior Ladies are on at a decent time of day, I'll be able to watch LIVE!!!" But, when I went onto the Entries / Results page earlier to find out the starting order for the Senior Ladies SP, I instead found the final results. It was actually 11–15 August. So, I've missed it! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cranberry Cup Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

Marilena finished 8th out of 24 in the SP, with a score of 57.93.

Emilea finished 13th out of 24 in the SP, with a score of 48.85.

I haven't checked for videos yet. But, looking at the protocols, Marilena went clean in her SP, while Emilea had a fall on her triple flip.

Cranberry Cup Senior Ladies FS: No Results Page; Protocols
Cranberry Cup Senior Ladies: Results

Marilena finished 10th out of 21 in the FS, with a score of 101.46. This meant that she remained in 8th place overall, with a score of 159.39.

Emilea finished 9th out of 21 in the SP, with a score of 105.53. This meant that she climber to 10th place overall, with a score of 154.38.

Again, I haven't checked for videos yet. But, looking at the protocols, Marilena had 2 falls in her FS (on a combo early on, and a step sequence near the end), while Emilea went clean.

I'll look up everything tomorrow, and add the details to their OP's at the start of the thread.

:cheer: WELL DONE GIRLS!!! :cheer:

The next bit of bad news is about Stefania's Junior GP debut. It ain't happening just yet. France is not recognising vaccines that have not been approved for use in the EU. And as a result, all the Russian skaters have had to pull out of the first 2 Junior GP's. And that includes Stefania.

To make up for this, Russia has been given extra slots at subsequent Junior GP's so that the skaters that were due to go to Courchevel do not miss out. I really hope that Stefania is also given the opportunity to compete at an alternative Junior GP.

Košice would have been handy, given that her fellow Leader club skaters Angelina Kudriavtseva / Ilia Karankevich are already entered there.

We'll have to wait and see what happens.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After only uploading them the day before, I updated the OP's for Emilea and Marilena with the results and video links for the Cranberry Cup yesterday. But, I didn't get the chance to watch the videos until this morning, which is why I am only posting this now.

I have to confess that I didn't know the music used in either of Emilea's programmes (and YouTube didn't know the music from her SP either). I absolutely loved the FS music, but the SP music was a bit too modern for me. But, Marilena's music was more familiar - Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" for the SP and Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" for the FS. But, the former had a twist. It was a version by Depeche Mode, which started out as the normal "Moonlight Sonata" that we know and love, but then went all modern in the second half. And given how much I love "Moonlight Sonata", it did spoil it a bit for me.

As for the skating, I thought both girls did really well in their SP's. It was so unfortunate that Emilea fell, as it was looking good up to then. When she does it clean, it will be be very good. What I saw of Marilena's SP looked very good. Unfortunately, the picture started freezing in the final third of the programme, but there were no minuses in the protocols so it must have continued going well.

As with the first time I saw it in Milwaukee, Marilena's FS was a mixed bag. She had 2 falls. For the first one on the combo, I am convinced it happened because she was too close to the corner, and had to bail. For the second one on the step sequence, she simply tripped over herself. In between the falls, there was also a pop. But, other than that, it looked good. As I said the last time, when she does it clean, it will be impressive. Again, the picture started freezing towards the end. But, it was only in the last 30 seconds.

Moving onto Emilea, and her FS was absolutely beautiful. There are simply no other words for it. I have made no secret that I hated that Billie Eilish racket that she skated to last season. But, I absolutely loved this song. And her interpretation of it was just spot on. She had a few pops, but once she gets them sorted out this will be a programme to be reckoned with.

When looking for the videos of their performances from the Cranberry Cup, I discovered that Marilena had done a competition in Philadelphia 2 weeks earlier.

Philadelphia Summer Championships Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

Marilena finished 7th out of 15 in the SP, with a score of 44.93.

Looking at the protocols, although she did not have any falls, there were a lot of minuses from the judges. And she singled out her flip jump, so it scored nothing.

Philadelphia Summer Championships Senior Ladies FS: No Results Page; Protocols
Philadelphia Summer Championships Senior Ladies: Results

Marilena finished 2nd out of 11 in the FS, with a score of 109.45. This meant that she climbed to 3rd place overall, with a score of 154.38.

Marilena Kitromilis Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX4Uk98_X60

Skate Milwaukee

And, although I may be biased, I do think that when she skates it clean, it will be impressive.

Cranberry Cup

As I said the last time, when she does it clean, it will be impressive.

What did I tell you?! Although it was not perfect (there were a few pops here and there), Philadelphia was without doubt the best perfromance I have seen of Marilena's new FS. And it totally confirmed what I have been saying. This is an impressive programme.

Needless to say, her score in the FS at Philadelphia FS is her new absolute PB for the Free Skate, totally blowing away her previous best score of 94.82 from last season's Santa Claus Cup by 14.63 points.

Having now seen both programmes from both Emilea and Marilena, I really hope that at least one of them (if not both of them!) enters the Nebelhorn Trophy. Because, in my opinion, these programmes (especially the Frees) are good enough to earn Cyprus a slot for the Olympics.

That said, if this scenario does play out, the problem then arises of who to send. And I would not want to be the person to have to make that decision! :eek:

Finally, the Provisional Entry Lists for the fourth Junior GP in Krasnoyarsk was announced yesterday, and it has revealed that Angelina and Ilia will be doing back-to-back Junior GP's.

But no word yet on what is happening with Stefania. 😞

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Provisional Entry List for the second round of the 2021 Challenger Series, the Autumn Classic, was released on Tuesday, and Marilena is down to be making the journey to Pierrefonds, Québec.

The event will be happening from 16th – 19th September.

I'll post more details when they become available nearer the time.

Still no word about Stefania in the Junior GP Series. However, I suspect that we will be hearing something very soon, because her ISU Bio was created this morning:

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00111374.htm

According to it, her Short Programme will be to "La Cena" by Ennio Morricone; and her Free Skate will be to a medley of pieces from the "Matilde" soundtrack, by Marco Beltrami.

I also finally found out her age. She is 13 (born at the end of October 2007). Although I admit that for a long time I thought that she was a few years younger, seeing her year of birth comfirmed as 2007 does make me feel old!

I have updated her OP at the start of this thread accordingly.

In addition, this morning I finally completed updating all the OP's at the start of this thread. (It took a brave while to do now that there are 18 OP's!)

So, I hope you like them.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Whole pile of updates.

Firstly, Stefania will now be making her Junior GP debut at the penultimate round, the Baltic Cup.

From what I can tell from the Announcement PDF's fo the various Junior GP's, Cyprus was always down for a Ladies slot in Gdańsk. So, unless they are given an extra slot at the Cup Of Austria to make up for the missed Courchevel slot, that means we will not be seeing Ekaterina in a Junior GP this season. 😞

So, let's hope the ISU show some understanding.

Angelina and Ilia will also be competing at the Baltic Cup. They were originally down to do their second Junior GP in Krasnoyarsk, but that has now been changed. And I am kinda relieved, because it is never idea doing back-to-back competitions.

Speaking of Angelina and Ilia, they will be kicking off their season this morning in Košice. I posted all the details in their own thread yesterday. But, to update the times:

The Short Dance starts in 4 hours from now.
Angelina and Ilia start in 4h 30m from now.

Of course, those of us that have been watching the Junior Grand Prix series so far will have already seen Angelina and Ilia on many occasions. Because they are featured in the montage that is being shown at the start of every segment!

Here is the link to the montage as a standalone video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRQEx61utRg

And here is the direct link to Angelina and Ilia's clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRQEx61utRg&t=52

I really enjoyed that programme.

Looking forward to seeing what they have for us this season!

Now the big news. The Provisional Entry List for the Nebelhorn Trophy was released yesterday.

Emilea is entered, with Marilena as substitute.

I did wonder why Emilea was not entered for the Autumn Classic alongside Marilena. But, it didn't twig with me that it was the week before the Nebelhorn. So, everything makes sense now.

Have to be honest, I was kinda hoping that Angelina and Ilia would also be going to Oberstdorf. So, I am disappointed that they are not.

Nevertheless, what an opportunity for Cypriot Ladies skating. Fighting to qualify for the Olympics.

I wish Emilea all the best.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now that the dust has settled on the fantastic result in the Autumn Classic, it is time to get back to business.

Firstly, Marilena is on the Provisional Entry List for the fifth round of the Challenger Series, the Asian Open Trophy in Beijing.

Yes, as in the Olympic Test Event.

I was surprised to find that there is actually due to be quite a large contingent of skaters travelling from America to the Asian Open. Indeed, Marilena will have four of her Skating Club Of Boston team-mates with her - Ashley Lin (CHN) and Gabriella Izzo (USA) in Ladies; Jimmy Ma (USA) in Men; and Audrey Lu (USA) in Pairs.

Emilea will be competing at the Nebelhorn Trophy this week, attempting to qualify Cyprus for a slot at the Olympics for the first time.

The Ladies SP kicks off today at 17:00:00 CEST (09:00:00 EDT / 15:00:00 GMT / 16:00:00 BST / 18:00:00 EEST). So 10 hours from now.

Emilea will be the 16th skater to start. So, first to go in Group 4.

The Group 4 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:09:30 CEST (11:09:30 EDT / 17:09:30 GMT / 18:09:30 BST / 20:09:30 EEST). So 11h 9m from now.

Emilea is due to start at 19:16:00 CEST (11:16:00 EDT / 17:16:00 GMT / 18:16:00 BST / 20:16:00 EEST). So 11h 16m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before her withdraws.

https://sportdeutschland.tv/deutsche-eislauf-union/53-nebelhorn-trophy-2021-tag-1

http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...----------QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/csger2021/SEG003.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EMILEA!!! :cheer:

With all the excitement that was happening last week, I never got the chance to post that the Provisional Entry Lists had been released for the last Junior Grand Prix, the Cup Of Austria, and there will be no Cypriot representation in Ladies after all.

Consequently, Stefania will have one Junior GP this season, and Ekaterina will have none. :disapp:

All because the French won't recognise vaccines that are not being used in France.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

At this week's Junior Grand Prix, the Ljubljana Cup, Nikita will be making his first competitive appearance for Spain with his new Ice Dance partner, Sofía Val.

The Short Dance is not until tomorrow afternoon. So, I will post the details later on when I do my report about Emilea's Nebelhorn SP.

I can't remember if I posted about it in here or not, but I have created a separate thread for the partnership between Sofía and Nikita:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/88896

So, I will be posting my reports about how they get on in their own thread. Just like I do with Angelina and Ilia when they have competitions.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T56UqUlThI

Unfortunately for those that want to get the full experience, the music has been muted due to a copyright claim.

Emilea finished 11th out of 37 in the SP, with a score of 52.90.

Apart from a fall on the triple flip, it was a really impressive skate. Full of power and energy. And boys did she sell it!

I've thought this since I first saw Emilea last season, but I've never actually said it out loud on here. But after yesterday's performance, there is no longer any doubt. The style of skating and the way she presents it. It's pure Ashley Wagner.

Emilea skated just before half-way through the SP segment at #16, and immediately took a comfortable lead. Although she lost the lead only 2 skaters later, she stayed in the Top 4 until the last skater of the penultimate group. And then the last 7 saters all went ahead of her.

Although the final position looks disappointing, Emilea is actually only 9.12 points behind 3rd position. And only 4.26 behind 7th position. However, her problem is that she is in a very close group where 17.5 points covers 27 skaters, from 8th position down to 34th position. And when you have groups as large and as close as this, there can be a lot of movement in all directions. So, she has to put in a good FS to make sure that the direction she heads is up.

:cheer: WELL DONE EMILEA!!! :cheer:

The Ladies FS is not until tomorrow, starting in just over 27 hours from now. However, as it is a marathon 6 hours long, and Emilea is not skating until the penultimate group, I feel it would be better to wait until tomorrow morning to put up the details. Makes it simpler for working out how long it is until she is on.

As I previewed in yesterday's post, Nikita will be making his first competitive appearance for Spain with his new Ice Dance partner, Sofía Val, today at the Ljubljana Cup.

The Short Dance kicks off today at 15:00:000 CEST (13:00:00 GMT / 14:00:00 BST / 16:00:00 EEST / 16:00:00 MSK). So 8 hours from now.

They will be the 11th partnership to start. So, third partnership to go in Group 3 (and third partnership after the resurfacing).

The Group 3 Warm-Up is due to start at 16:14:10 CEST (14:14:10 GMT / 15:14:10 BST / 17:14:10 EEST / 17:14:10 MSK). So 9h 14m from now.

Sofía and Nikita are due to start at 16:32:20 CEST (14:32:20 GMT / 15:32:20 BST / 17:32:20 EEST / 17:32:20 MSK). So 9h 32m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before them withdraws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_eslzKKscc

http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...JUNIOR----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/jgpslo2021/SEG005.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know that him switching to her country means that, strictly speaking, this is off-topic. But Sofía and Nikita did a great job in the Short Dance at the Ljubljana Cup yesterday. They are curently lying in 6th position, ahead of this afternoon's Free Dance.

Not bad for a brand new partnership in their first international competition! ;) :biggrin:

A fuller SP report, and all the details about the Free Dance today, can be found in this post in their own separate Fan Fest thread:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2800421

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

Emilea will be doing her Free Skate at the Nebelhorn Trophy today.

The Ladies FS is due to start at 10:10:00 CEST (04:10:00 EDT / 08:10:00 GMT / 09:10:00 BST / 11:10:00 EEST). So 3 hours from now.

Emilea will be the 27th skater to start. So, second to go in Group 6.

The Group 6 Warm-Up is due to start at 14:10:30 CEST (08:10:30 EDT / 12:10:30 GMT / 13:10:30 BST / 15:10:30 EEST). So 8 hours from now.

Emilea is due to start at 14:24:40 CEST (08:24:40 EDT / 12:24:40 GMT / 13:24:40 BST / 15:24:40 EEST). So 8h 14m from now.

https://sportdeutschland.tv/deutsche-eislauf-union/53-nebelhorn-trophy-2021-tag-3

http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/csger2021/SEG004.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EMILEA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Apologies that I haven't posted about the Ladies FS at the Nebelhorn yet. I had been hoping to get it finished before the Ljubljana Cup started, but I had only got up to Group 3. (It really was a marathon of a segment).

UPDATE: I have now edited my FS report into this post.

Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies: Results

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUUdOqbF6v8

Please be aware that during the live broadcast, the stream buffered not long into Emilea's FS. As a result, there is a bit of a jump in resultant the videos. But, there wasn't much missed.

Emilea finished 9th out of 36 in the FS, with a score of 105.26. This meant that she climbed to 9th place overall, with a score of 158.16.

Unfortunately, it meant that she missed out on qualifying Cyprus for a Ladies slot at the Olympics. Officially, she needed to be 2 places higher but, realistically, she only needed to be 1 place higher. (The Swedish Olympic Committee have additional requirements that are totally pie in the sky. And since Josefin Taljegård did not meet these requirements, Sweden will in all probability be relinquishing their slot).

Niko Ulanovsky on commentary thought it was just beautiful. He liked everything about the programme. And I totally agree with him.

I admit that I find it hard to spot technical mistakes. The only thing that I saw was that she had a hand-down on landing one of her jumps. Apart from that, Emilea's FS looked faultless to me. However, there was a fundamental problem that I would never have spotted.

Looking at the Protocols from the Cranberry Cup FS, Emilea's second element was supposed to be a Triple Flip - Half Loop - Double Salchow combination. However, here in Oberstdorf, she did the Triple Flip on it's own. Unfortunately, she didn't attach the combination onto the Triple Flip that she did later in the programme. So, she got marked down for repeating an element.

And to add insult to injury, both Triple Flips were called for not having a clear edge.

I'm not sure whether these issues with the Triple Flips would have made any difference to her position (and, hence, qualifying for the Olympics). Emilea finished 6.44 points behind Lara Naki Gutmann of Italy in 8th, and 7.19 points behind Kailani Craine of Australia in 7th. Incidentally, Emilea finished 0.95 points ahead of Tzu-Han Ting of Taiwan in 10th, and 2.49 points ahead of Oona Ounasvuori of Finland in 11th.

All in all, I am happy with how Emilea got on in Oberstdorf. She comfortably beat her SP score and overall score from the Cranberry Cup. And she was a whisker away from matching her FS score.

Looking forward to seeing how the season progresses from here.

:cheer: WELL DONE EMILEA!!! :cheer:

As a slight off-topic, I want to tie up the remaining loose ends from last week by telling you that my Free Dance report about Sofía Val and Nikita Vitryanyuk at the Ljubljana Cup was put up yesterday in their own separate Fan Fest thread:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2803341

They will be in action again next week at the final Junior GP of the season, the Cup Of Austria.

Staying with Ice Dance, and Angelina and Ilia will be competing at this week's Junior Grand Prix, the Baltic Cup. However, since there are more than 24 hours until the Short Dance starts, I will wait until tomorrow morning to post the details.

I am really looking forward to whenever the time comes that we see Angelina & Ilia and Sofía & Nikita in the same competition. Both partnerships are so good!

It may be a month later than intended, but Stefania will finally be making her Junior GP debut today at the Baltic Cup.

The Ladies SP kicks off today at 11:00:00 CEST (09:00:00 GMT / 10:00:00 BST / 12:00:00 EEST / 12:00:00 MSK). So 4 hours from now.

Stefania will be the 24th skater to start. So, second to go in the final group, Group 5 (and second to go after the last resurfacing).

The Group 5 Warm-Up is due to start at 14:11:40 CEST (12:11:40 GMT / 13:11:40 BST / 15:11:40 EEST / 15:11:40 MSK). So 7h 11m from now.

Stefania is due to start at 14:24:20 CEST (12:24:20 GMT / 13:24:20 BST / 15:24:20 EEST / 15:24:20 MSK). So 7h 24m from now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpWZt66xp4o

http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...JUNIOR----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/jgppol2021/SEG003.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Marilena is on the Provisional Entry List for the fifth round of the Challenger Series, the Asian Open Trophy in Beijing.

Yes, as in the Olympic Test Event.

I was surprised to find that there is actually due to be quite a large contingent of skaters travelling from America to the Asian Open. Indeed, Marilena will have four of her Skating Club Of Boston team-mates with her - Ashley Lin (CHN) and Gabriella Izzo (USA) in Ladies; Jimmy Ma (USA) in Men; and Audrey Lu (USA) in Pairs.

Before I get into talking about the Baltic Cup, I am afraid I have to report that Marilena has withdrawn from the Asian Open. In fact, with the exception of Ashley Lin, all the Skating Club Of Boston skaters that I mentioned have withdrawn.

Angelina and Ilia will be in action this morning in Gdańsk. More details are available in the following post in their own separate Fan Fest:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2804332

Baltic Cup Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA_vXlxmH1g

Stefania finished 15th out of 27 in the SP, with a score of 40.80.

This was not the Stefania I am used to seeing. She looked really nervous. I've never seen her like that before. She was so confident any time I saw her last season. Probably because it's her first Junior competition.

Seeing her like this reminded me of when Marilena made her international debut (and Senior level debut) at the Budapest Trophy last season. At the SP, she was so nervous that she was like a rabbit in the headlights. But, she was more confident in the FS. And look at her now, not even a year later and she is a Challenger event winner.

So, now that she has done her first Junior level segment, hopefully Stefania will not be anywhere near as nervous for the FS.

I don't know if it was the nerves, but Stefania had a rocky start to her SP. Her first element was a triple loop double toe combo, and she had a very strange fall when landing the toe jump. Because she's such a little thing, it looked like a hard fall. But, she got up and carried on like nothing had happened.

The rest of the programme went smoothly. There was one part of the programme where I was not sure whether she had slipped and had a hand down, or whether it was part of the choreography. But, I think it was just choreography. And there was also a spin near the end where she looked a bit off axis, but she managed keep control of it.

She looked disappointed coming off the ice. But, Ted was full of prise for her, particularly her posture and how she attacked the programme.

I'm so proud of her.

The Ladies FS is due to start at 16:00:00 CEST (14:00:00 GMT / 15:00:00 BST / 17:00:00 EEST / 17:00:00 MSK). So 10 hours from now.

Stefania will be the 13th skater to start. So, third to go in the Group 3 (and third to go after the first resurfacing).

The Group 3 Warm-Up is due to start at 17:39:40 CEST (15:39:40 GMT / 16:39:40 BST / 18:39:40 EEST / 18:39:40 MSK). So 11h 39m from now.

Stefania is due to start at 18:00:30 CEST (16:00:30 GMT / 17:00:30 BST / 19:00:30 EEST / 19:00:30 MSK). So 12 hours from now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBqZoVDmml8

http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/jgppol2021/SEG004.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
ISU Junior Grand Prix Baltic Cup Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
ISU Junior Grand Prix Baltic Cup Ladies: Results

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm2_9z3c0H0

Stefania finished 15th out of 26 in the FS, with a score of 74.05. This meant that she stayed in 15th place overall, with a score of 114.85.

I wasn't able to watch the whole of the Ladies FS LIVE - I only popped in for Stefania's programme. So I don't know how the Group 3 Warm-Up went for Stefania. But, when she was waiting to be called to do her programme, although she wasn't the picture of confidence, she didn't look nearly as nervous as she did for the SP.

Unfortunately, Stefania had a bit of a rocky start to her programme. She fell on both of her Triple Salchow jumps, the first being the final part of her opening combo, and the second being on it's own a couple of elements later. And judging by her expression and the way she felt her hip, she was sore after the second fall.

After that, there weren't any issues that were noticable to me in terms of skating. However, she did seem to be tiring as the programme went on. When she finished, it was hard to judge what her main feeling was - disappointed, exhausted, or sore. Her body language was such that it could have been any of them!

She shouldn't have been too disappointed, though. She achieved new absolute PB's in both segments and, hence, overall. And her FS in particular scored considerably higher (11.72 points!) than her previous best, which was only set 5 months ago at the Egna Spring Trophy!

That she did score higher than she had ever done before, despite not having clean skates, really bodes well for the future!

I do think nerves played a part this week. Which is hardly surprising. It's her first Junior competition, and it's a Grand Prix! That's a big deal for somebody so young.

So, although it would have been nice to see her have clean skates and, hence, score higher, I'm proud of her.

Angelina and Ilia are currently sitting in 4th position after the Short Dance. They will be in action again this afternoon, with the Free Dance starting 5 hours from now.

Full time details, as well as my SD report, can be found in this post in their own Fan Fest thread:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2805049

:cheer: ALL THE BEST!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a wee update to tie up a few loose ends, and provide some updates.

Firstly, I have finally posted my report about Emilea's Nebelhorn FS. It can be found at the top of this post:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2803608

Sorry that it took so long for me to watch the FS.

I am afraid I have to report that Marilena has withdrawn from the Asian Open. In fact, with the exception of Ashley Lin, all the Skating Club Of Boston skaters that I mentioned have withdrawn.

Not Cyprus related, but thought I should mention that Ashley Lin did also withdraw from the Asian Open. It just happened a lot later than the other Boston skaters. Presumably because she was representing the host country.

You know, having now seen how the Asian Open went, I am glad that Marilena and so many other skaters withdrew. From our end, it was a complete shambles. There was no livestream; the livescoring didn't work half time; it took ages for the protocols to be uploaded. In fact, in some cases, the livescoring page was still showing the start order at the time the protocols were eventually uploaded! We were resorting to scrambling around the internet trying to find things posted by people that were in the arena.

As the designated Olympic Test Event, this was not anywhere near good enough. These Test Events are supposed to be a test run for the organisers to make sure they have everything working smoothly, and to iron out any issues that may arise. From what we saw, they failed on all counts. And it does not bode well for February.

Now for some new stuff.

The Junior Grand Prix wrap-up video was unveiled during the Cup Of Austria, and Angelina and Ilia were featured in it multiple times. But, it wasn't uploaded as an individual video until Tuesday. So, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1EXel9gZak

And they will be action again at the next week's Victor Petrenko Cup. Which means that Angelina will be spending her 16th birthday in Odessa.

According to the Announcement, the Junior Dancers have their Short Dance practice and competition the following day. So I hope she gets the opportunity to do something special on the day.

There is no word yet on when we will be seeing any of the Singles skaters again. But, once there is, I'll let you know.

Well, that's all I have for now.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, boys but there are a lot of competitions coming up for the skaters from Cyprus!

As I have already mentioned, Angelina and Ilia are competing at the Viktor Petrenko Cup in Odessa this week. But they don't start until Friday (it is the Advanced Novice skaters that are in action today and tomorrow).

Staying with Junior Ice Dance, and Sofía and Nikita will be competing at the Trophée Métropole Nice Côte d’Azur this week. However their campaign starts TODAY.

The Junior Short Dance starts in 3h 30 from now. More details in the following post in their separate Fan Fest thread:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2819269

I take it this means Nikita was given a vaccine that France approves of... ;)

:cheer: ALL THE BEST TO BOTH PARTNERSHIPS!!! :cheer:

Meanwhile in Singles skating, the Provisional Entry Lists for Austrian round of the Challenger Series in the second week of November have been announced. And Emilea and Marilena are both entered.

This will be the first time since the Cranberry Cup during the summer that they have been in the same competition.

The Senior Ladies, Senior Men and Senior Ice Dance competitions of the event have Challenger status, and are being run under the "Cup Of Austria" name (i.e. the name that is used for the Austrian round of the Junior GP Series :rolleye: ). The Senior Pairs competition does not have Challenger status, so it and the Junior level competitions and are being run under the normal "Ice Challenge" name.

The Provisional Entry Lists for the Ice Challenge have not been released yet. So, we don't know yet if any Junior skaters representing Cyprus will be joining their Senior team-mates in Graz. But, hopefully there will be.

I'm still annoyed that Ekaterina did not get the opportunity to compete in the Junior Grand Prix series this season, because Cyprus were not given a slot at the JGP Cup Of Austria to replace the one they lost in Courchevel due to the vaccine rules in France. So, it would be fitting if she were sent to this "Cup Of Austria".

CaroLiza_fan