Kazuki Tomono | Page 117 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

rRainbow

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Yesterday Kazuki tweeted something that translates as 'Burn your heart and go to bed.'
https://twitter.com/naniwatomono/status/1441772967608799240' At the time I thought he was referring to the battle for spots at Nebelhorn 😂 but from one at the comments I think it refers to the anime/manga Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba). Any Demon Slayer fans here to confirm?
He tweeted 心を燃やして寝ます。which means "I'll go to bed with a burning heart." He was retweeting もつやま's tweet commenting that it's crazy that everybody was watching Demon Slayer on TV in the sauna room and no one left the room.

Figskater23

Final Flight
He tweeted 心を燃やして寝ます。which means "I'll go to bed with a burning heart." He was retweeting もつやま's tweet commenting that it's crazy that everybody was watching Demon Slayer on TV in the sauna room and no one left the room.
I guess Demon Slayer must be a popular show right now in Japan. I wonder who his favorite character is?

KiraraChin

Medalist
Ohhhh thanks, rRainbow! I had missed the retweet, but it makes a lot of sense now.
I guess Demon Slayer must be a popular show right now in Japan. I wonder who his favorite character is?
I think saying Demon Slayer is 'popular' in Japan is actually an understatement 😂 Both the manga and the animation broke sales records in Japan, so no wonder people watch it even when they're at the sauna😆

In other news, here's the schedule and running SP order for Kinki regionals:
The SP will be on 9 Oct at 11am local time. Kazuki will be the 5th (out of 9) to skate.
The FS will be on the following day (10 Oct) at 12:35pm local time.

Figskater23

Final Flight
Ohhhh thanks, rRainbow! I had missed the retweet, but it makes a lot of sense now.

I think saying Demon Slayer is 'popular' in Japan is actually an understatement 😂 Both the manga and the animation broke sales records in Japan, so no wonder people watch it even when they're at the sauna😆

In other news, here's the schedule and running SP order for Kinki regionals:
The SP will be on 9 Oct at 11am local time. Kazuki will be the 5th (out of 9) to skate.
The FS will be on the following day (10 Oct) at 12:35pm local time.
So is Kinki Regionals the last competition that skaters representing Japan can take part in before the Grand Prix starts?

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
So is Kinki Regionals the last competition that skaters representing Japan can take part in before the Grand Prix starts?

That would be Asian Open, but only a few Japanese skaters go there. But as far as regionals are concerned, then yes, Kinki and Tokyo are the last before GP series.

KiraraChin

Medalist
Not really, as Surimi said, but it's a competition Kazuki needs to do in order to qualify for this year's Nationals. Japanese Nationals works like this:
Only the top three finishers at Nationals get to be seeded (i.e. automatically qualified) for the following year. Kazuki was 6th last year, so he needs to go through the qualification process (regionals and sectionals - these are usually in November) in order to go to Nationals.
However, it's quite common that top skaters are exempt from regionals and/or sectionals if they have other important tournaments around that date. Therefore, some skaters already managed to skip their regionals because they are participating in Japan Open this weekend, however it seems Kazuki is doing both JO and Regionals.
Hope that clarifies 😊

Reactions: Giu

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Wishing Kazuki a strong performance at Japan Open!

And an enjoyable "competition", of course

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Not yet. I am also among those waiting. So far, no Mai, Satoko, Kazuki, Sota and Keiji from those who I'm interested in :[
I hope someone uploads Kazuki 🙏

KiraraChin

Medalist
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay, I had a busy day yesterday and just catching up now.

For those who missed it: Kazuki scored 147.44, doing 4T(turn)2T, 2S, 4T(ftdwn), 3F, 3A1Eu2S, 3A, 3Lz(fall), TES 69.16, PCS 79.28
As you can see, he struggled with his quads in the beginning but managed to land his two 3As in the second half, and all things considered his PCS weren't too bad. It's a shame that he didn't do as well as the other guys, but he's definitely doing better than this time last year so I take it!

Here's an article: https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2021/10/02/kiji/20211002s00079000303000c.html
Google Translate:

Kazuki Tomono Jumps and makes mistakes Vividly applauds the steps

[October 2, 2021 15:16]
Kazuki Tomono (Central Sports), who won the Gen-san Summer Cup, played the free song "La La Land" this season, scoring 147.44 points.

The quadruple-two-turn continuous toe loop at the beginning landed on ice while losing balance. However, the jump was missed in the following quadruple salchow, and the balance was lost again in the quadruple toe loop.

He fell in the last three-turn Lutz. However, he performed vividly in the final step sequence and received applause from the audience at the venue.

In an online interview after the performance, he said, "I was worried about the Salchow and made a mistake. I made a mistake in the triple jump. I want to use this regret as a springboard to practice hard."

Some pictures :love2:
https://twitter.com/chunichiphoto/status/1444289061435285512 (he used a Sauna magazine this time 😂)

KiraraChin

Medalist
I don't know if his full Free can be found somewhere but here's the Step Sequence, he's always so good.
https://twitter.com/awesomousse/status/1444282361877725193
And a very few photos from his Free and Carnival on Ice (Bills of course).
https://twitter.com/yaguchi_toru/status/1444312097093869571
Thank you so much for this! Kazuki's SS are not Han Yan-level yet, but he has improved so much over the years! 😭
Someone linked the Sato LP from Weibo... Reminded me I've yet to search for the videos on Weibo. I hope I don't forget to :laugh:
Please share Kazuki's if you find it 🙏