2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Why does Kaiya not have a competition for senior minimums yet…

She would be the obvious choice for 4CC if Maddie gets the Olympic spot. And Wesley is being sent to Warsaw to get his… I just don’t get it.
There have been sources indicating there’s some sort of behind-the-scenes issue that may keep Kaiya from doing anything other than nationals this year. No further details beyond that.

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
Apparently Skate Canada is selling SCI tickets. I wish they could have announced it sooner but I understand it's likely due to restrictions :laugh: Anyone here who might go?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There have been sources indicating there’s some sort of behind-the-scenes issue that may keep Kaiya from doing anything other than nationals this year. No further details beyond that.
But she's already competed internationally overseas this season so something must be up or Skate Canada is just not on it for pushing their young talent. The USFS was the same way for years but they seemed to have learned and are getting their young skaters out there to get the minimums and experience so they can compete Senior events like 4CC, Worlds and maybe even the Olympics if something weird happens at US Nationals.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
But she's already competed internationally overseas this season so something must be up or Skate Canada is just not on it for pushing their young talent.
Yes, I know. The report came after her JGP appearances. Since the federation loves Ruiter, there’s no reason to think they’re deliberately not giving her one (Chiu and Circelli got one, and the latter after a pretty miserable time on the JGP).

mrrice

Record Breaker
:ot: Canadians, I have been looking for Jennifer Robinson's performance to "The Summer Knows" It used to be on Youtube but, it's gone now. She used the Lyrics so it must have been a pro-am but, I loved it so much and I hope someone has a copy they can share. :thank:

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice

Andrea82

Medalist
Skate Canada is sending skaters also to the junior events of Cup of Austria

Aleska Rakic
Rose Theroux
Sandrine Gauthier/Quentin Thieren
Natalie D'Alessandro/Bruce Waddell

BearryBear

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Saw this on the CBC just now. Canadian athletes need to be vaccinated to go to Olympics. Did Keegan get vaccinated in the end? I thought I read something to say that he was against it or something but I may be mistaken. I really hope he doesn't miss the Olympics because of this. He is clearly the best senior men's skater we have right now. https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/coc-cpc-require-vaccination-beijing-2022-olympics-1.6218017

I assume he’s vaccinated since it’s mandatory to attend nationals in Ontario with government regulations. I don’t remember what he said months ago but I think it was more he was hesitant not completely against it.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
hopefully keegan will now know how it is to be in contention for a title and use it when it matters most :) go go go ;) i am okay with him retiring next year... he is getting old... i want him to be able to play with his kid(s) when they get older... i mean, that wonderful knee bend has a price ... i cannot imagine the wear and tear a skater who has been doing quads for like 10-15 years would have.... better retire healthy than push the body and retire with an injury
I thought he had posted a video of him and his kid on the ice but it has to be a nephew or something, his baby is a month or two old.
30 is not old.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Keegan will turn 30 on Jan 23, 2022, just before the Olympics. How many male skaters have continued on into their 30s without losing their competitive edge?

He is now a married man with a child and that gives him a whole new set of responsibilities.
Ok….and he’s qualified to do what when he retires to support his wife and child?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I just hope Keegan could achieve something this season, probably my "something" here is a medal at Worlds or GPF or 4CC. Somehow I just want to see him on the podium at the main competitions for once. 🙏
Yes.