2021-2022 U.S. Men's Figure Skating | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 U.S. Men's Figure Skating

mrrice

Record Breaker
Big week ahead for Nathan at Skate Canada. With the talk of Vincent being the "New" quad king, I think he needs to be prepared to re-establish his dominance. Nothing short of a WIN will suffice at this point. I wish him the very best of luck.

Last edited:

Apple1078

Final Flight
Big week ahead for Nathan at Skate Canada. With the talk of Vincent being the "New" quad king, I think he needs to be prepared to re-establish his dominance. Nothing short of a WIN will suffice at this point. I wish him the very best of luck.
I was sad to see Nathan struggle.. but that being said, going into Beijing undefeated sounded like a horror story (the headlines going into Vegas were insane) to seriously mess with his head… and he was in his head in Vegas. I liked his Ex because he looked genuinely happy and very relieved so maybe the talk of Vincent being the new quad king isn’t such a bad thing. Might take some of the pressure off.

ETA: But yes, he needs to win to be 100 pct sure to reach the final.

Last edited:

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I congratulated Vincent on his Instagram when he won, but congrats to him here too, and Happy 21st Birthday! 🎈🎂🎉🎊🎈

I hope that Nathan regroups in time for Skate Canada and has two amazing skates! He's still the 3 time and reigning World champion and definitely still the quad king as far as I'm concerned! 👑 ⛸⛸

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Happy 21st to Vincent and :rock::hap10::points: for your well-deserved gold medal at SA!!!

Both Vincent Zhou's programs at SA gave me that full appreciation for a fully realized, complete experience of heart and courage and, even more, of a person putting all his emotions, all his dreams and truest motivation into his performances. ❤️❤️❤️

Vincent has worked very hard. He's worked to improve the technical aspects of his skating, and he's done it little by little and step by step. He's never let the derision (we all know who some of the head 'non-cheer'leaders are) and sheer dislike he's gotten get him down. Hopefully he hasn't read or listened to most of it. But even better -- he's kept his own vision of figure skating solidly in front of his eyes. I think his personal vision of exactly what he wants his style of figure skating to be) is one of the assets that helps him believe in himself. A very impressive quality he has is his tunnel vision.

Vincent was fully present in his performance, both nights. A hundred percent. Both Vincent Zhou's programs at SA gave me the experience of a fully realized, complete combination of athleticism combined with artistry (making the sport a divine sport). That and emotion, emotion, emotion are what I live for in figure skating.

I have personally loved Vincent since I saw him live at Nationals in St. Paul as a pre-growth-spurt kid of about my height (5'2")!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Happy 21st to Vincent and :rock::hap10::points: for your well-deserved gold medal at SA!!!

Both Vincent Zhou's programs at SA gave me that full appreciation for a fully realized, complete experience of heart and courage and, even more, of a person putting all his emotions, all his dreams and truest motivation into his performances. ❤️❤️❤️

Vincent has worked very hard. He's worked to improve the technical aspects of his skating, and he's done it little by little and step by step. He's never let the derision (we all know who some of the head 'non-cheer'leaders are) and sheer dislike he's gotten get him down. Hopefully he hasn't read or listened to most of it. But even better -- he's kept his own vision of figure skating solidly in front of his eyes. I think his personal vision of exactly what he wants his style of figure skating to be) is one of the assets that helps him believe in himself. A very impressive quality he has is his tunnel vision.

Vincent was fully present in his performance, both nights. A hundred percent. Both Vincent Zhou's programs at SA gave me the experience of a fully realized, complete combination of athleticism combined with artistry (making the sport a divine sport). That and emotion, emotion, emotion are what I live for in figure skating.

I have personally loved Vincent since I saw him live at Nationals in St. Paul as a pre-growth-spurt kid of about my height (5'2")!
My feelings exactly, beautifully stated. Vincent has found his hidden dragon..!!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On another note, Emmanuel Savary, Ryan Dunk, Ilia Malinin, and Artur Dmitriev are competing at the US Championship series this weekend.
Looks like this will be available on Peacock Premium, which I do not have.

I will have to rely on sketchy livestreams or bootlegged videos. Not an ethical problem for me - I've resorted to both options before.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
On another note, Emmanuel Savary, Ryan Dunk, Ilia Malinin, and Artur Dmitriev are competing at the US Championship series this weekend.

I finally feel 100.00% certain that the Artur Dmitriev who formerly competed for Russia is the same Artur Dmitriev who will compete in U.S. Championship Series -- based on this morning's lovely photo collage from the Leesburg event's official Instagram account:

Good luck to all. :)
And an extra cheer from me for Emmanuel Savary. 🥳

As for Junior Men in Leesburg: Go, Sam Mindra! 🤗 👏

Last edited:

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I finally feel 100.00% certain that the Artur Dmitriev who formerly competed for Russia is the same Artur Dmitriev who will compete in U.S. Championship Series -- based on this morning's lovely photo collage from the Leesburg event's official Instagram account:

Yup. It looks like 100% to me as well.😄

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Yes! Sam!!

Weathergal

Medalist

Also I saw in Dmitriev's planned content he had a 3Lz + 3F planned in the SP (another sign it's him LOL), although he didn't do it.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Also I saw in Dmitriev's planned content he had a 3Lz + 3F planned in the SP (another sign it's him LOL), although he didn't do it.
He unfortunately fell on the lutz though. Maybe he fell on it cause he is used to landing it on the wrong foot.😆