2021-2022 U.S. Men's Figure Skating | Page 46 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 U.S. Men's Figure Skating

Tavi...

Record Breaker
thank you Tavi, I have only listened to five minutes, but Andrew was in fact injured again this year!😞

The injury last year was a stress fracture from training a 4S, and this year it appears he reaggravated it😖 He's only been on the ice for two weeks.

Will need to listen to all of it later. It appears Polina is doing a step by step for his injuries and his season, and it's very helpful for knowing what has been happening.

Thanks for summary. I’m really glad Polina did this interview because I know so many people were wondering/worried. Really tough for him to have reinjured himself again and really too bad he won’t be at Nats. I’m only a few minutes in to the interview but I’m really impressed with his maturity and how articulate he is. Will look forward to seeing him back healthy next season!

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I didn't know where to ask this question, but I was just wondering which National Championships will be in the Prediction Contests?

mrrice

Record Breaker
Since the GPF has been canceled, are there any competitions for US skaters before US Nationals?

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
So, this means he would be eligible for the Olympics should he Medal at Nationals, Right.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, this means he would be eligible for the Olympics should he Medal at Nationals, Right.

Citizenship does mean that Yaro is eligible to represent the US at the Olympics.

I have a difficult time imagining a scenario where he is selected this season. My feeling would be that not only would Yaro need to finish top three, but that another competitor would need to seriously implode.

But I am not the US Fed. ;)

mrrice

Record Breaker
Citizenship does mean that Yaro is eligible to represent the US at the Olympics.

I have a difficult time imagining a scenario where he is selected this season. My feeling would be that not only would Yaro need to finish top three, but that another competitor would need to seriously implode.

But I am not the US Fed. ;)
Sadly, I don't remember seeing Yaro at all this season. Has he competed anywhere?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sadly, I don't remember seeing Yaro at all this season. Has he competed anywhere?

He competed at Cranberry Cup. I believe he was fourth.

He skated the SP at Lombardia and withdrew. He then withdrew from Skate America and did not skate any other comps. Whatever the reasons for not competing this year, that makes it difficult for him to fulfill the criteria for Oly selection, as I read them.

mrrice

Record Breaker
According to a recent interview with Todd E. , his coach, Yaro is focused more on competing for the US for the next Olympic cycle. I wish I had the link to the interview!
How old is Yaro? I usually know more about skaters but, I don't know much about Yari as "For Me" he seemed to come out of nowhere.

mrrice

Record Breaker
According to Wikipedia, he will be 24 next week. (birthday: Dec. 26, 1997). He competed for Ukraine in the 2018 Olympics.
OK, that's probably why I don't know much about him. I usually start to follow skaters when they show promise on the Junior Circuit. Did he skate as a Senior for Ukraine? I guess I'll have to look up his bio.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, that's probably why I don't know much about him. I usually start to follow skaters when they show promise on the Junior Circuit. Did he skate as a Senior for Ukraine? I guess I'll have to look up his bio.

Yes, he did. I first saw him live at a summer comp in 2017, and he was representing Ukraine. Then, I believe, after the Olympics he decided to switch. Since Ukraine would not release him, he needed to wait out some years. But I may have that wrong, and others more knowledgeable than me can address the ins and outs. :)