2021-2022 U.S. Men's Figure Skating | Page 49 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 U.S. Men's Figure Skating

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also perhaps of general interest regarding the US men's Olympic team, Jason has been training in Chicago with Tracy and Rohene for the past week.

Presumably this means Tracy is recovered if she is in the rink with Jason:pray:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Forgive me for importing "other" disciplines here, but I think it may help explain Vincent's and Tom Z's post:

TomZ on Twitter inserted an additional phrase:

First leg. Destination Beijing

Ashley Cain Gribble posted that she is beginning the trip to Beijing by flying from Dallas to LA,

Ready for a week in LA doing team processing and training in the bubble before we head to China

This would also line up with Alexa K.'s comment that they were leaving for Beijing on Jan. 27. Presumably from one of the charter flights in Los Angeles.

So my guess is that Vincent is flying to LA as well. Also why Jason thanked his hometown rink for hosting, as the hosting is now done.

And Nathan doesn't have to fly anywhere, yet:laugh:

Country
Norway
Forgive me for importing "other" disciplines here, but I think it may help explain Vincent's and Tom Z's post:

TomZ on Twitter inserted an additional phrase:

First leg. Destination Beijing

Ashley Cain Gribble posted that she is beginning the trip to Beijing by flying from Dallas to LA,

Ready for a week in LA doing team processing and training in the bubble before we head to China

This would also line up with Alexa K.'s comment that they were leaving for Beijing on Jan. 27. Presumably from one of the charter flights in Los Angeles.

So my guess is that Vincent is flying to LA as well. Also why Jason thanked his hometown rink for hosting, as the hosting is now done.

And Nathan doesn't have to fly anywhere, yet:laugh:
Thank you, so they are actually not on their way to enter the country, but still started the journey with the bubble. I didn´t know they would do that but that seems very smart. Now fingers crossed Omikron won´t sneak into the bubble. Well if they leave on Jan. 27 it´s only 3 more days.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you, so they are actually not on their way to enter the country, but still started the journey with the bubble. I didn´t know they would do that but that seems very smart. Now fingers crossed Omikron won´t sneak into the bubble. Well if they leave on Jan. 27 it´s only 3 more days.

Well, I may have spoken too soon.

Jason went back to Toronto and says he is training there for a week:eek:.

In addition a throwaway line in a random article said he was leaving for Beijing on Jan. 31. I guess he could be leaving from Canada, if the ice dancers are traveling also?

Why do they need to make it so confusing for my feeble mind.:palmf:

Apple1078

Final Flight
Very confusing lol. You're probably right that Jason and the Montreal teams are flying from Canada. My guess is that those with training bases within in the U.S. might be on the Team USA chartered Delta flight. I think I read somewhere that it would depart from LA with about half of the athletes/coaches.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Very confusing lol. You're probably right that Jason and the Montreal teams are flying from Canada. My guess is that those with training bases within in the U.S. might be on the Team USA chartered Delta flight. I think I read somewhere that it would depart from LA with about half of the athletes/coaches.

But how will they go through team processing if they leave from Canada? Also, since many commercial flights between the US/Canada and China have been canceled, why would they risk a cancellation instead of taking one of the Team USA charters (there is more than one)?

Apple1078

Final Flight
But how will they go through team processing if they leave from Canada? Also, since many commercial flights between the US/Canada and China have been canceled, why would they risk a cancellation instead of taking one of the Team USA charters (there is more than one)?
I think there are temporary flights to Beijing through the hub cities although there’s no hub city in the U.S. I think Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Singapore might be hub cities (there might be more) and I think you can only get to Beijing through those cities w specific airlines.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I think there are temporary flights to Beijing through the hub cities although there’s no hub city in the U.S. I think Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Singapore might be hub cities (there might be more) and I think you can only get to Beijing through those cities w specific airlines.

Well, I guess we’ll see. To be honest, since Team USA reportedly has 7 chartered flights, it seems unlikely they would fly on a commercial flight from Canada to Beijing regardless of hubs. But I’m certainly no expert! 😊

Apple1078

Final Flight
Well, I guess we’ll see. To be honest, since Team USA reportedly has 7 chartered flights, it seems unlikely they would fly on a commercial flight from Canada to Beijing regardless of hubs. But I’m certainly no expert! 😊
I hope you’re right. I hate the idea of them getting on a commercial flight.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

I hope you’re right. I hate the idea of them getting on a commercial flight.
I doubt if any of team USA's chartered flights are going from Toronto or Montreal (or both). At a minimum, the US skaters in Canada would have to take a commercial flight (or a harrowing-at-this-time-of-year drive) to get to the departure point of one of the 7 charter flights.

Ella5555

On the Ice
Considering Jason’s grueling experience in getting to U.S. Nationals, I hope he gives himself a little extra time to get to the location he needs to be at to make his international flight (charter or commercial) to China. There is no driving the last leg this time. LOL

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I doubt if any of team USA's chartered flights are going from Toronto or Montreal (or both). At a minimum, the US skaters in Canada would have to take a commercial flight (or a harrowing-at-this-time-of-year drive) to get to the departure point of one of the 7 charter flights.

As it turns out, I was wrong about the US having 7 chartered flights. They have one flight leaving January 27 (and one March 4 for Paralympics). This article says that separate arrangements will be made for athletes competing in other countries. I wonder if that applies to Jason (even though he’s training, not competing in Canada)? Given his travel issues to Nats, I find the idea of him traveling separately to Beijing a little discomforting to say the least.