2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Free Skate | Page 64 | Golden Skate

2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Free Skate

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oh no, two lifts down for Hase/Seegert. Since he's just coming out of isolation, probably better to be safe than sorry.

Beyond this comp, if they ever start to put two clean programs together they could rise so much in the rankings. Hope they're sticking around.
Covid is the culpprit. Its the olympics but he should not have skated out of respect for his partner and her safety. \he shoudl be fined like Rachel Flatt.

robinhood

Rinkside
This was a great final!!
All the couples performed to the max. For me the difference in connection between S/H (and even P/J and K/F) and the 3 Russian couples is more than palpable, and that's where they lose some ground. Especially, both music choices for the Mosvina pairs seemed outdated and dissatached from the performance of the skaters. T/M had a better music selection, but I don't think I saw many original transitions or moves. Everything they do is beautiful but they lack just a tiny bit of "je ne sais quoi" (don't wanna say charisma, maybe more personal input)
Don't you think moving forward they should reevaluate the scoring of the elements? I am happy to see clean performances, but the quad twist of S/H seemed the isolation of a very even event. All the couples were doing the same kind of elements and I miss some challenges or excitement. For me, S/H quad twist, death spiral, both throws and connection is what won the evening
COngrats to all the pairs, and specially Barquero and Zandron, my compatriots!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well done, Vanessa and Eric! Too bad about the last throw - It was going so well up until that point! It's nice that both Canadian pairs have had redemption skates after shaky short programs. :)
I guess better than the sp but both teams had so so programs boring really and they had issues getting the elements done. i have no idea why buti do hope they both go for redemption skates at words. Aaanyone know?// are they going.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I was hoping to see Canada rebound but MTM seem lost. Eric and Vanessa never fulfilled the promise especilly artistically. So sad to see this in skating mind you after hearing the Canadian hockey team sing ladies maaybe there is a reason Canada doesnt deserve gold. I wasnt sure if this was a Roseanne Barr moment. Oh dear pitch pitch pitch. But Canada other than the team event had no one in top five and two in top ten. Thats it. They will have to rebound at worlds.The pairs i hope will both go and regroup because Trennt and Evelyn wont cut it. Canadaa should be fighting with the US and japan not losing to Spain.
I do sometimes wish Canada had been just a bit nicer to Weaver & Poje. You know, maybe let them skate in the Team Event even once, so they’d have an Olympic medal. Things like that, to show some appreciation. They might have stayed in for a while longer, to anchor the team til the new blood could get going.

CrazyKittenLady

💔
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Moskvina and Mishin retiring in the same year, I think they wanted to retire as a pair like they competed
Is it official that they are both retiring? It certainly makes sense, but I haven't seen an official source yet. It would be the end of an era. Actually a documentary about Mishin and Moskvina's school is part of what got me first into figure skating in the early 2000s.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Adorable little girl with Chinese flag, supporting her team against a bunch of big bad Russians, ya gotta love it :)
She cant compete with Keegan and his flag. Sometimes bigger is better. Andthose Russians arentsobadandhere hey were the victims.T and M i feel for them. They deserved gold. I looked at their sp and they deserved firstor atleast a tie overall. They were pure skating. Iknow the Chinese were the sentimentalfavorutes and lovely to watch too But if there was fair karma at least T and m deserve a world title. Great skatng from the top teams really a dead heat.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Is it official that they are both retiring? It certainly makes sense, but I haven't seen an official source yet. It would be the end of an era. Actually a documentary about Mishin and Moskvina's school is part of what got me first into figure skating in the early 2000s.
Moskvina said she is going to, and stay on as a consultant only. Never heard anything about Mishin.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max just posted on his insta: First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you. Then you win.
Whilst holding T/M's silver medal in his hand. 😍😍😍😍😍
You tell 'em Max! Love it! Thank you so much for helping Zhenya and Vovan! I must tell him this on Insta then get to bed ASAP!