MEN'S LP and the CHAMPIONSHIP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

MEN'S LP and the CHAMPIONSHIP

leruiz

Rinkside
I wish that the world team is Jeremy, Brandon and Johnny. What an awesome skate from Brandon.:love:

Medusa

Record Breaker
If they send Brandon and the international panel decides Evan hasn't fixed his axel, that could be the third spot gone though.
Point taken - but if they send Johnny and again decide to give him PCS in the low 70ies and Johnny again only goes for 6 Triples - then the spot could be gone too.

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
even if the international judges decide that evan still hasn't fixed the axels, i still don't think he'll be placed outside of top 8, which means jeremy only needs to be top 5.

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Congratulations to Jeremy.

Who would have thought that after all was said and done Evan would take third place and Johnny would be off the podium. Is it too much to hope that this will end the Evan vs. Johnny nonsense?

What a Nationals!! New champions in every venue.

Awesome.

Dizzy

lmarie086

Medalist
Based on what his performances have sounded like in Cleveland, I'd be disappointed if Johnny got the 3rd spot. He wouldn't have earned it and really, I want him to rest up and get healthy again! Then he can come back better than ever next season.

ks777

Record Breaker
If they send Brandon and the international panel decides Evan hasn't fixed his axel, that could be the third spot gone though.

but Jeremy could place 1st and Evan or Brandon have to place in the 11th or 12th to secure the 3 spot for the olympics.. not really hard to do.

madibe

On the Ice
I'm shocked they didn't place Evan over Brandon. Evan only lost by .6 points, but his PCS scores were 7.5 points lower than Jeremy's! I'm surprised that with his reputation he couldn't get the extra point in PCS's. Johnny Weir's PCS's were 2.5 points lower than Brandon's. I guess the judges are over the Evan/Johnny rivalry.

I'm shocked they didn't place Evan over Brandon. Evan only lost by .6 points, but his PCS scores were 7.5 points lower than Jeremy's! I'm surprised that with his reputation he couldn't get the extra point in PCS's. Johnny Weir's PCS's were 2.5 points lower than Brandon's. I guess the judges are over the Evan/Johnny rivalry.

Maybe, just maybe, the judges scored the event according to who skated best??

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I would send Jeremy, Brandon, and Johnny (unless he is ill a week beforehand).

Evan's skating has continued to get worse the past two years. The Quad is completely gone, the rest of his jumps are average at best, and he offers nothing special in terms of presentation. Johnny has done better internationally, I see that as being more important when considering who to send to Worlds.

Final Flight

skaters shouldn't be placed by reputation- they earn what they deserve....

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I think that in the end they will send Johnny to worlds, as a matter of fact, I think they should send Johnny OVER Evan to Worlds.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Brian JOUBERT looser with his Personal Best Total Score 240.85 =)))))) LOL =)
What has Brian to do with this? But I am glad you guys always find a European skater to pick on all the time. Joubert, Kostner, several Russians...

zephyrskates

On the Ice

I expect the US Fed to send Jeremy, Evan and Weir to Worlds, and they can send Mroz to 4CC.

The men's field internationally is not as competitive as it seems like last season.
Takahashi has an injury. Lambiel and Buttle have retired. Who else is out there? Oda, from his past performance in world championships, I would not know what to expect. Joubert, Chan and Kozuka may or may not deliver. I can easily see any of the three to place 4th-5th-6th.