Putin's anti-gay laws and Sochi Olympics | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Putin's anti-gay laws and Sochi Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Didn't we have Kurt skating in either the opening or closing ceremonies in Salt Lake City, was that wishful thinking on my part?

Closing. While I love Kurt I was confused as why he got it. It makes more sense to have different nationalities represented on the Celeb list - but I think it should be Celebs of the next host country... just how I'd organize things though lol

I'm sure you're a wonderful organizer, Toni, but in that case, I'm glad you weren't in charge. You know why! :)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
"Regarding this law, if people of traditional sexual orientation spread propaganda of non-traditional sex to children, then they will also be held accountable"

Okay, nobody is spreading propaganda of non-traditional sex. Kissing your partner or saying being gay is normal isn't spreading sex propaganda. Why do people always go back to sex when it comes to these things. There are plenty of men who have sex with men and live "straight" lifestyles and women who do the same with women. The IOC is clearly caving.

LGBT people will not be spreading sex propaganda at the Olympics but you can bet they will not be silent about the treatment of Russian LGBT people. They're incredibly naive and stupid if they think a stern look and the IOC tucking its tail in between its legs so everything seems prim and proper and diplomatic, is going to silence people.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
"Regarding this law, if people of traditional sexual orientation spread propaganda of non-traditional sex to children, then they will also be held accountable"

Okay, nobody is spreading propaganda of non-traditional sex. Kissing your partner or saying being gay is normal isn't spreading sex propaganda. Why do people always go back to sex when it comes to these things. There are plenty of men who have sex with men and live "straight" lifestyles and women who do the same with women. The IOC is clearly caving.

LGBT people will not be spreading sex propaganda at the Olympics but you can bet they will not be silent about the treatment of Russian LGBT people. They're incredibly naive and stupid if they think a stern look and the IOC tucking its tail in between its legs so everything seems prim and proper and diplomatic, is going to silence people.

then its better to stick on ones own country and not travel pls :)
or maybe ask Obama for help ? lol http://en.rian.ru/world/20130926/18...fective-Leader-on-Syria-Obama-Least-Poll.html

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yeah I would rather stay in my country with a governmentthat doesn't discriminate, rather than go to some backwards-thinking haven of homophobia where I can be assaulted and the government turns a blind eye or deports me for not hiding my sexuality or even acknowledging that I'm normal. Truly, my loss. :sarcasm:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Also interesting/paradoxical how most label Putin as most effective in handling Syria, and yet most think Syria was stalling. So Putin was most effective at accommodating stall tactics?!

(Pssst! SkaterGuy! If Russia only wants straight people, maybe we can send them Miley Cyrus. She's proved to everyone that she's straight.)

(I'm sorry...I couldn't resist. Must be tired from a long work week.)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
That's your choice. You can say anything you want but with no scientific proof.

There is no scientific proof that children are influenced by "gay propaganda", or that being gay is a choice even (as you've suggested).

And by scientific proof I mean legitimate scientific sources, not the Jesus Journal of Theocentric Psychology sponsored by the American Family Association. :laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
(Pssst! SkaterGuy! If Russia only wants straight people, maybe we can send them Miley Cyrus. She's proved to everyone that she's straight.)

(I'm sorry...I couldn't resist. Must be tired from a long work week.)

Hah I love Miley's reaction to people being critical of her cropping her hair making her apparently look like a lesbian. "Being a lesbian isn't a bad thing. So if you think I look like I'm a lesbian, I'm not offended. You can call me much worse. I've been called much worse. Being a lesbian is a compliment more than what else they call me."

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
There is no scientific proof that children are influenced by "gay propaganda", or that being gay is a choice even (as you've suggested).

And by scientific proof I mean legitimate scientific sources, not the Jesus Journal of Theocentric Psychology sponsored by the American Family Association. :laugh:

Must we go allover this topic AGAIN?!:rolleye:

I can't figure out what is supposed to be so outrageous about Mlley Cyrus. People have been "twerking" since time began. (Maybe not with their tongue hanging out, but still...) ;)

I can't figure out what is supposed to be so outrageous about Mlley Cyrus. People have been "twerking" since time began. (Maybe not with their tongue hanging out, but still...) ;)

You know what it is for me, Math? I'm tired of being in the group that doesn't count when statements are made about public culture. Now I'm in the "wrong" demographic, but even when I was a teenager, I was never hip. Does this disqualify me from having an opinion? Not unless I let it. I've decided that I get to say that what she did on national TV is repellent and scuzzy. Whether other people are offended by her or not is not my concern. Whether the time has come for this behavior to be the norm is not my concern. It may be the norm, but I say it's spinach and to heck with it.

It's a losing battle. Every generation of young people feels compelled to try to shock their parents. In my day, we were incredibly naughty because we liked Elvis Presley. Our parents thought the moral fabric on the nation had unraveled, but somehow we all survived.

Here is something truly obscene.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24322683

heyang

Record Breaker

I wonder why Miley needs to be outrageous. Her talent's on par with Taylor Swift. So, why is Taylor known for her music while MIley is known for her 'outrageous' behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.