2014 Olympics Pairs Short Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Pairs Short Program

FSGMT

Record Breaker
What a competition! The top10 skating clean :eek:
With the first mistake being Stefania's 3T :cry:
I think that the placements were basically correct, I agree with all the scores except S/K: definitely overscored in the PCS (their PCS should not be higher than the Canadian teams for example), but they're being pushed as Russia #2 so :rolleye:... I LOVED S/S but they weren't perfect, Tatiana and Maxim were actually perfect so it was fair to put them first, the PCS difference was obviously too high but the competition is in Russia so it was to be expected :laugh:
One pair I thought was a bit underscored in PCS was L/S: I really enjoyed their program even with the mistakes... Why was their PCS lower than W/W for example? :scratch:

qwertyskates

Medalist
I'll be interviewed about, why I love to watch the Winter Olympics (it's not terribly popular in Denmark).
I need to come up with an answer longer than "Figure Skating, duh!". Help?

It's definitely very different from watching Summer Olympics because the Winter Olympics is all about crazy speed, jumps, slides and other superhuman physical feats that are enabled by the icy, snowy, frictionless surfaces which makes for spectacular viewing.

Ok, that doesn't include Curling, but who watches it!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
3T was under rotated

Clearly it wasn't called. Even though on replay it looked UR'ed. Which sucks because it robs D/R of a spot in the final flight. :rolleye: Still, the "loveliest" skate of all the teams.

Fantastic skate by the Germans and Russians! :clap: In fact, a lot of the pairs teams were pretty on... possibly the cleanest pairs SP I've seen in a while.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Moore-Towers/Moscovitch looks a bit clumsy to me among the top skaters. Their program is fun but needs to be more polished.
Peng/Zhang stated too early but they may move to sixth for fifth.
S/S delivered better than V/T today in my opinion.

gnom

On the Ice
M-T/M were not scored the way i thought they would be. I would have put them before D/R or the chineese

Me too. I simply love the music, choreography and spirit of that routine. For me enough to make up for the harder technical content of D/R.

dress

On the Ice
Me too. I simply love the music, choreography and spirit of that routine. For me enough to make up for the harder technical content of D/R.

And D/R were not at their best today. Theya had screechy landings, and a mistake in the step sequence.

Carmen95

Rinkside
Firstly I have to celebrate: Yeeah, Gold and Silver for Germany in Womens Luge ♥♥♥♥ It fitted perfectly into the zamboni time between the last two groups ;)

So, I was happy that S/S changed to Pink Panther, it´s made for them!! Agreeing on the music transition, not the best, but otherwise it was great!!
I don´t want to be rude, but I am bored by the always new WR for V/T... And their scores... Ok, it´s a good program, but I saw the team event too and the performance was equal! Did they get these 4.50 points from the audience screaming loudly once in the middle of the program??!!
Well, I am hoping for the LP - S/Ss program is better (personal feeling) and it went the same way at the GPF! I think they can catch up, I am not sure if with or without the Th3Axel...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Grand Prix Final SP was also a clean event. And pretty much amazing! I'm so curious if S/S will go for T3A.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

D/R deserve lower PCS than MT/M

oth, B/L are clearly dropped, the new K/S :eek:hwell:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
As usual, more Russian inflation with S/K getting 33.75 points when at Euros they had 31.91. Something told me after they skated that I knew they would score above 75. :rolleye: That being said, I love the flow she gets on elements and their basics are excellent.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Clearly it wasn't called. Even though on replay it looked UR'ed. Which sucks because it robs D/R of a spot in the final flight. :rolleye: Still, the "loveliest" skate of all the teams.

Fantastic skate by the Germans and Russians! :clap: In fact, a lot of the pairs teams were pretty on... possibly the cleanest pairs SP I've seen in a while.

It was called 3T< and they got -GOE. Even with that their TES was just a shade below D/R. So it's not like they PCS-ed their way to the final group.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Firstly I have to celebrate: Yeeah, Gold and Silver for Germany in Womens Luge ♥♥♥♥ It fitted perfectly into the zamboni time between the last two groups ;)

So, I was happy that S/S changed to Pink Panther, it´s made for them!! Agreeing on the music transition, not the best, but otherwise it was great!!
I don´t want to be rude, but I am bored by the always new WR for V/T... And their scores... Ok, it´s a good program, but I saw the team event too and the performance was equal! Did they get these 4.50 points from the audience screaming loudly once in the middle of the program??!!
Well, I am hoping for the LP - S/Ss program is better (personal feeling) and it went the same way at the GPF! I think they can catch up, I am not sure if with or without the Th3Axel...

their 3T was very clean
on TE, their 3T wasn't that in unison, he was slightly off the axis

one of their cleanest, they deserved a new WR with that performance

Carmen95

Rinkside
Grand Prix Final SP was also a clean event. And pretty much amazing! I'm so curious if S/S will go for T3A.

In a interview she said she would decide after the very last practice if she wants to go for it... I don´t think we will know until they skate...

And D/R were not at their best today. Theya had screechy landings, and a mistake in the step sequence.

I had D/R's throw 3lutz on +2 but all their other elements on 0 or -1. It was a weak performance.

M-T/M have quite poor basics but their program was full of transitions and the choreography reflected the character of the music well. Strong elements also. Not HUGE jumps and throws but solid with good flow out. I'd probably have them 4th. Definitely above D/R.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
But so were Savchenko/Szolkowy. Who have better basics. And the quality of most of their elements, save for the twist and possibly the throw, were superior.

Take the 3toes for example. Shorter entry, with preceding transitions, executed much closer together.

There is no way V/T were 4.50 points better.

Who would you have first after today's performance? V/T or S/S?

dress

On the Ice
Who would you have first after today's performance? V/T or S/S?
I am not able to clearly put a couple in first. They are both very strong teams. S/S looked more relax today and performed better in my opinion. I prefer the glide and elegance of the russians.

I can't pick a team to put in first, but their scores should have been really closer. I don't see why there is such a big gap actually (russian inflation again I guess?)