Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

annafer

On the Ice
Not sure that I would appreciate him posting that if I was Tanya I think those two just need to go home for a while and get some "rest"

I assume Tanya is already used to his way of acting and he said in an interview that she is a very funny person, so maybe she understands his type of humor.

Good find on the Facebook dates. That's her real account, right?

Arawen

Final Flight
Not sure that I would appreciate him posting that if I was Tanya :eek:hwell: I think those two just need to go home for a while and get some "rest"
I don´t know if I would appreciate it either, also the pic he posted afterwards with Adelina... :eek:hwell: But since Tanya liked the pic I guess she understands.

mttvonice

On the Ice
I assume Tanya is already used to his way of acting and he said in an interview that she is a very funny person, so maybe she understands his type of humor.

I'm guessing you're exactly right, Annafer. I think I'm just missing their lovey-dovey comments and "it's just the two of us" photos that they haven't posted much of lately. I'm going through withdrawals :p:)

danya

On the Ice
Good find on the Facebook dates. That's her real account, right?
Yes, of course, it's real:)

Haha Max really have so special type of humor...and i'm sure Tanya is understand it better than somebody another...

likeladygodiva

Rinkside
I don't remember what interview I read this in, but there was a quote from Max about himself and Tanya where he said, “We both have a similar kind of humor. We can make jokes and nobody is offended." So I think she gets him and doesn't care about those things!

Maybe once AOI is over and after they go to Japan, they'll go on a vacation just themselves. That would be good for them, and good for us too! ;)

(Just stuck the quote into google after I posted this and found the interview again -- it's old, but I think that quote still fits!)

Arawen

Final Flight
One question, in which thread are we supposed to discuss these two really? I know this thread and one in the "Fan Fest"-part of the forum. I just chose this one to post in because it´s much more active :confused:

annafer

On the Ice
(Just stuck the quote into google after I posted this and found the interview again -- it's old, but I think that quote still fits!)
Thank you! Nice reading, this puts things into a different perspective a bit. It's easier to understand Maxim's humor realizing that Tanya's the same. Looks like they clicked right from the begging. And how funny is the suitcase part.

mttvonice

On the Ice
That really was a great interview, likeladygodiva -- thank you! And I agree, Annafer -- the suitcase part was really funny! And did anyone else notice that of the 3 things they would each choose to take on an "isolated island", they both chose each other?!?!? This was November 2011!!! :eek: :love:

lovely9

Rinkside
Could somebody help me with some Russian translation? There's an old interview out with them, and Max makes a joke and totally cracks Tanya up. I just wanna know what the joke is, even if I do only speak English. It's this interview:
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWxBIa8ypLs at about the 30 second mark. Overall, it's a fun interview though with some cute pictures.

likeladygodiva

Rinkside
Aww, you're welcome, guys! Glad to share anything I can find. :)

Sometimes it's so frustrating not being able to speak Russian! I've actually learned the alphabet so I can sound out words phonetically, but that doesn't really help when the word itself is something I don't know. And forget listening to people speak it! I hope those of you who speak Russian realize just how appreciated you are here!!

Aww, you're welcome, guys! Glad to share anything I can find. :)

Sometimes it's so frustrating not being able to speak Russian! I've actually learned the alphabet so I can sound out words phonetically, but that doesn't really help when the word itself is something I don't know. And forget listening to people speak it! I hope those of you who speak Russian realize just how appreciated you are here!!

:agree: I totally agree with this! Thank you so much!!!!!

danya

On the Ice
Guess that link didn't work. Try again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWxBIa8ypLs
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I love this video so much, always laugh when watch it again:agree:
He is fidget on the couch and it's sound like...i don't know it's funny, and at this moment he said "i can do it?" (I don't know how better to translate it)and they laughing, and interviewer asked something and they not hear, Max asked "please repeat" and they laughing again...
Haha it's funny video, i like it!

shellbell757

Rinkside
About tattoo, Max posted this when he did it last year..
And this is about him dad...this quote "It's better to burn out than fade away" and dates of him dad's life...

About going to Worlds... Two days ago they answer that likely no. I think they will not compete.

P.s. If you have some interview or another things on russian - write to me, i'd be happy to help with translation!!!:)

Interesting quote. Kurt Cobain (of Nirvana) had that line from Neil Young's song in his suicide note.

silien

Rinkside
thank you likeladygodiva for the interview.... i would say that it was already clear that they would end up together! :love:

borzaya

Final Flight
Here is the last piece of the translation of video 3.

(Maybe later I'll deal with the previous two videos, too... if I have time.)

...January, 23. Zagreb. The pairs were competing at the very first day of European championship.

Nina Mozer: I'll remember it for all my life, how he was going to the ice that day… when he skated up, and looked me in the eyes… and you just knew that he was trying to see the answer, what he should do now… And when he skated away from me, tears welled in my eyes…

Maxim had lost his father two days before the championship – and in these circumstances they had to compete with the super-motivated four-time world champions from Germany.

MT: There was such a tragedy in my family – and I couldn't think about any Germans at all… But we won. And we understood that we shouldn't think about competing with someone, trying to catch up with someone… that we should just skate, just do what we can – and then we'll win.

- Do you remember your skating there?
MT: No. I hardly remember that European championship at all.

That was the turning point in the world hierarchy of pair skating. The pre-eminence of Volosozhar and Trankov was overwhelming.

Valentina Trankova: Of course, all this was very hard for us… When they won, I phoned to Nina Mikhailovna, and she was crying. She said: "That were the hardest competitions ever". And as Maxim said: "I was skating for my father". For the memory of his father, he was doing it.

TV: Leonid Stepanovich, he used to spend much time somewhere near us, he was such a fervent fan, read different letters, different stuff in the internet, sometimes told us something, was ready to help with this or that… That was the meaning of his life; they were so close with Max. And he had been a sportsman himself, you know… And now, maybe, he helps us, somewhere from the 'other side'…

MT: It was especially distressing, because there was only a year to the Olympics… And the person, for whom I had skated for 25 years, passed away at that very moment. I couldn't believe how it can be – just a year… and I would be an accomplished sportsman, and maybe the dream of his would have come true, that I achieve something…

The dream of Maxim's father was that his son would get on the Olympic podium – which he had never had a chance to achieve himself. In the mid 1980s Leonid Trankov was one of the leaders of the Soviet equestrian team. He was getting ready for the Olympic Games in Los Angeles, but he never had an opportunity to take part in them. The Soviet athletes didn't take part in the Olympics 1984 because of the boycott.

MT: When my father died, many things changed in my life… and I began to feel him more acutely than even when he had been alive… as if he were still near… Especially the first half a year, I could, for example, get up at the day of competitions, and say "Dad, help me, I need your help", and after that I was feeling so well and composed, when I went to the ice…

Keeping the memories of his father in his heart, two months later, Maxim went with Tatiana to the World championship – the most important competition of the year, that gives the whole world of figure skating a reference, who is to be considered as leaders for the next season – the Olympic season.
Volosozhar and Trankov were leading after the short program – but, as usual, there was no much room for any mistake.

MT: And now, I fell on the knee, and I thought, oh, now it would be minus one point, and again we'll be some two hundredths back, not letting us to win… And when we finished, I was feeling so down… and Tanya was hopping and saying "We've won!" … because she had seen the scores of the Germans, and I hadn’t… and I just stood there scratching my head and said "But I fell"... and she said "Never mind, anyway we've won"… and then when we saw the scores, we were 20 points ahead – that was great.

In March 2013, in Canada, Volosozhar and Trankov won their first World champions title. And now they have come to Sochi as the reigning world champions.

TV: We had such great emotions, such happy memories about this… as I have said already I skate not only for myself… and I know how hard it is for Nina Mikhailovna and Stas to stand behind the board watching us… and I felt that now it was done, it was achieved – for all of us.

MT: I see that Tanya is happy, that Mum watches us on television at home, and she is happy… Nina Mikhailovna is happy, and all people that I love, and fans, too… I feel these emotions from the fans, when they shout "We love you!", when they like how we have performed, and they applaud… and I'm totally over the moon because of that.

At the beginning of the Olympic season Volosozhar and Trankov presented their two new programs, and both were a success. Their short program to Masquerade waltz by Khachaturyan has been already named the classics of pair skating.

On February, 6, in Sochi, at the Iceberg Skating Palace Tatiana and Maxim were skating this program in the team event, and again were the best. But this is only the beginning of their Olympic way. Now Volosozhar and Trankov, together with all the supporters, wait for the performances of the other members of the Russian team. The final standings of the teams will be known on February, 9, 22.00.
And only a day later there will begin the Olympic competition in pair skating. Russia is going to be presented by three pairs - Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov, Vera Bazarova/Yuri Larionov – and the world champions Tatyana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov. The first pair.

orangella96

Final Flight
Thank you so much for translating it!
It's much sadder if you really understand what they say and it was sad even before when I just guessed what they were talking about :(
Could you translate the first parts too, if it is not too much asked?