2014 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2014 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic

samson

Medalist
wow SO much better than the short program. They actually looked like the team that has a 4CC medal and is ranked in the top ten and 114.24 is pretty close to their personal best. MUCH better than night one.

samson

Medalist
Jessica and Zach had a nice skate too. They scored 104.26 which is MILES above their previous personal best from 2011 (89.33) so I gotta imagine they're pretty proud of what they did tonight. It was only good enough for silver but still great for them!

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Jessica and Zach had a nice skate too. They scored 104.26 which is MILES above their previous personal best from 2011 (89.33) so I gotta imagine they're pretty proud of what they did tonight. It was only good enough for silver but still great for them!

I was very impressed with them and wish them lots of luck this season.

samson

Medalist
Do they have any grand prix assignments? It's so great for them that they could have such a strong debut at this event and get an ISU medal. It just reminds me the of all the goodness the challenger series has the potential to provide for skaters, both established and up and coming.

shine

Record Breaker
Polina Edmunds SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vff6sOu0eaE

I'm so in love with this girl. The only thing I'd like to see from her is a tad more projection for this program, but does she make me forget she's only 16. I pray so hard that the skate gods will be kind and allow her to fully blossom into the skater that her talent promises, because she'd be phenomenal.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Do they have any grand prix assignments? It's so great for them that they could have such a strong debut at this event and get an ISU medal. It just reminds me the of all the goodness the challenger series has the potential to provide for skaters, both established and up and coming.

I like Alexa and Chris but I have to admit I was sort of hoping Jessica and Zach might win. There is some rule that if skaters/teams without a GP assignment or eligible season's best score win a Challenger Skate, they can be added to the substitution list. Or maybe their score is still able to be added if they met the GP minimums?? I'm not sure. The details escape me.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States

Jessica and Zach are scheduled for the Autumn Classic in Canada

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Oof, poor Jordan. I love Rohene's idea and choreography for his FS and I thought Jordan was doing a great job delivering it, right up until that fall on the spin. I bet that's a mistake he'll never make again!

samson

Medalist
Holy cow Jordan Moeller. He kind of fell apart there at the end, and completely missed his flying spin, but the routine... I think he has a masterpiece on his hands. I LOVED it. It had storytelling, a style all its own, he is quality quality quality on the ice. Kori just works magic on the ice with her skaters. Once he gets that triple axel under control I can't wait to see what he does.

Normally I don't care for In The Hall of The Mountain King but he made it work. I also loved his movement at the end of the program after his spin. He's really got that "it" factor, much like Jason but in a style that's really all his own. Looking forward to seeing more from him this year!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I thought Max's Gladiator program was nice. Definitely more his style than Carmen last year. A few errors, but overall a good start.

He ought to stop being so hard on himself! It's only September!

He got 161+ and he's still look unsatisfied. Good lord! Tom Z was more thrilled than he was.

Well I guess it's human nature to feel that way when you didn't do a perfect program. But still 161! That's close to his PB....

Last edited:

samson

Medalist
hahahah yeah. Tom Z loved that score, Max looks like he's beating himself up. but I mean come on. He landed two quads in that program.

samson

Medalist
If these scores are official Max will have a new Competition Personal Best as well as Short Program Personal Best after all is said and done.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
hahahah yeah. Tom Z loved that score, Max looks like he's beating himself up. but I mean come on. He landed two quads in that program.

The boy needs to stop beating himself up! Hope Tom Z gives him a talk and say. Look, it was a good start!

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I thought Max's Gladiator program was nice. Definitely more his style than Carmen last year. A few errors, but overall a good start.

He ought to stop being so hard on himself! It's only September!

He got 161+ and he's still look unsatisfied. Good lord! Tom Z was more thrilled than he was.

Well I guess it's human nature to feel that way when you didn't do a perfect program. But still 161! That's close to his PB....

I agree. Max needs to lighten up. Looked to me like Tom Z jumped down to do some pushups. Paying off a bet of some kind maybe?

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Polina Edmunds SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vff6sOu0eaE

I'm so in love with this girl. The only thing I'd like to see from her is a tad more projection for this program, but does she make me forget she's only 16. I pray so hard that the skate gods will be kind and allow her to fully blossom into the skater that her talent promises, because she'd be phenomenal.

Thank you for sharing her program.

I loved her program, but hated her busy - *** costume. Somebody shoot her dress maker now.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think with some mileage, Ross' FS will be great. I really love the spread eagle into his final spin.